• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:05:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Michael Phelp's Facebook Wall

Started by Archael, February 14, 2009, 01:16:22 pm

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 04:37:09 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
SB no offense but I don't get what the fuck for credibility loss means there.

The first paragraph told me I was most likely wrong but the I saw the ability to quote paragraph number 2 and I did so.

If I cared about truly discrediting the article I would have attacked the author or the site.

I'm sorry if you pray to the gods of credibility to ruin me for that, but Cids arguments have been lacking also so where is his credibility.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SentinalBlade

February 15, 2009, 04:44:02 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
didnt say he had any, or that he is hte god of it.

im just saying you didnt think not reading the whole article doesnt make you lose creditability.

Lets say a lawyer is given a case file to read, and the opposing lawyer reads only half of it.

The lawyer makes some points on the whole case file, but the opposing lawyer makes up things or disagrees with what he is saying on the halves he did not read.

He loses his creditability because he wasnt basing his assumptions on anything. he was just...talking...about something the case file couldve clearly stated.

CidIII had no formal proof until the article, and then you ignored most of the credible article.

Im not defending or insulting you or CidIII. im just saying, if this was an official arguement, shown on T.V. or ina courtroom. DP, the jurerr/audience would be forced to rethink your arguements.

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 05:09:50 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
I am not really arguing anything here, I already said I could give two shits less whether or not marijuana is legalized.

What I do have a problem with is that fact people are using incorrect statements and absolutes, and trying to pass them off as godly arguments. And these people have the balls to attack me, when I simply trying to be realistic and point out these statements to them. I do admit that my posts could have been stated in a more efficient manor, but this is not an arena of official debate. Like when I said something to the extent of "some people want to murder others, why isn't this put up for vote?", I wasn't trying to equate the legalization of marijuana with murder, but rather trying to point out that just because some people want something it doesn't mean it should be put up for vote, and that doesn't make America undemocratic. And, when I said that I know some people who smoke daily and have no developed problems. This was a point simply to point out the flaw in Voldemort's absolute statement of "NO ONE handles tobacco/alcohol consumption without developing problems". Not a statement stating that in some way frequent tobacco/alcohol use is healthy.

I guess my problem really isn't with the legalization of marijuana, if that's what people want, I could care less. It's with people who try to act like marijuana has no negative effects besides a "select few" who just get lazy.

And, really can we blame the American government for not putting it up for vote? I think they have more serious problems to deal with than whether or not Chris and his buddies can legally sit their grandmother's basement smoking weed, when they already do it. And, voting on everything isn't always the answer, think if Abraham Lincoln would have put freeing the slaves up for vote, do you think that would have passed?

America isn't even a true Democracy anyways.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

SentinalBlade

February 15, 2009, 05:13:50 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote from: "CidIII"America isn't even a true Democracy anyways.

All hail julies ceaser! fuckhead was the end of greece democracy.

Rome had it good for awhile to...

right, CidIII it wouldnt have gone over well with votes. he did what is right and what is just, but not just in his eyes, he viewed it through the eyes of everyone, god, nature, anything you can think of, Lincoln was wise.

All in all though, this isnt a debate on who cares more about which dead president, so i end that here.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 06:27:03 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Sorry for that last post I was pushed over the edge by my family and was improperly venting some rage.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SentinalBlade

February 15, 2009, 06:32:30 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"Sorry for that last post I was pushed over the edge by my family and was improperly venting some rage.

we all do it, in fact i think i did it in your new guys intro topic.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 06:33:42 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I just realized my extreme rage vent wasn't even so extreme and that was the maddest I have ever been.

Special note today is the maddest I have ever been.

philsov

February 15, 2009, 06:41:34 pm #67 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:45:28 pm by philsov
Quote from: "CidIII"http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSHKG10478820080129

And that's why Phelps uses a bong.  

If you're going to accurately compare the two, do hand-rolled cigarettes vs. joints.  

But part (though likely not all) of the causation of pot towards cancer is nullified when utilized with bong/waterpipe/vaporizer/whatever.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 06:42:44 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
^I was gonna bring that up but I could not find any proof.

Though obviously I didn't try too hard.

CidIII

February 15, 2009, 06:44:40 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
It doesn't change the fact that marijuana still produces twice as many carcinogens as tobacco when burned. You can smoke tobacco in bongs, does everyone do it? No.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

philsov

February 15, 2009, 06:46:03 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "CidIII"It doesn't change the fact that marijuana still produces twice as many carcinogens as tobacco when burned. You can smoke tobacco in bongs, does everyone do it? No.

Should they (if they want to smoke)?  yes.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 06:46:28 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Actually I smoke tobacco out of a hukah, which is like a bong.

Not everyone does it but lessening the health risks is a good thing.

Though of course it is not portable.

philsov

February 15, 2009, 07:14:17 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"Though of course it is not portable.

And therein lies half the fun of addiction.

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 09:47:24 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Indeed just sit around with a hukah filled with MD voltage and some grape flavored tobacco and your set for a night of video gaming manga reading or anime watching.

DaftOtter

February 22, 2009, 09:12:45 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DaftOtter
There are other ways to consume weed, not only smoking it. The safest way would be a vaporizer, where as you're just inhaling thc without the smoke. You can also put it in foods and cakes.

Pot > Alcohol

A drunk driver would run a stop sign, a stoner would wait for it to turn green.
Q: What is the difference between a picture of Jesus, and the actual Jesus?

A: It takes only one nail to hang the picture.

Llednar

February 22, 2009, 09:32:39 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Um... Thank you for the enlightenment Daftotter.  We now see the (green) light.
<dunce|XD

gojoe

February 22, 2009, 10:05:54 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
Quote from: "DaftOtter"A drunk driver would run a stop sign, a stoner would wait for it to turn green.

a stoner wouldn't be waiting at a stop sign he'd still be at the house too lazy to do anything but eat cheetos and laugh at billy mayes commercials, they should give phelps another medal for getting off his lazy stoned ass long enough to train and play wii.
I never learn from my mistakes.

Smitson

February 22, 2009, 11:51:17 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Pot's natural unlike cigs and alcohol, if those are both legal pot should be too.

philsov

February 23, 2009, 12:00:32 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Smitson"Pot's natural unlike cigs and alcohol, if those are both legal pot should be too.

Alcohol's not natural? Are you serious?

Celdia

February 23, 2009, 12:26:45 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
Smitson - Needs to get educated.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0