• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:32:35 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

mav

Just read up on Pro Motion. It sounds like a goldmine for pixel artists.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Really? I'll definitely get this ^^
Thanks.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Smash

Nah. I stuck to using XP Paint anyway. My paint files are generally a retarded mess of storaged process wips and sprite refs measuring 1100x8000+ pixels, and I've gotten so used to this, that Pro Motion's small working space just didn't make it.

I <3 paint.

Which I used to craft these small untilted rpg characters made of randomness today, btw.

They were really a product of an inspiration glimpse I had today.. Which I didn't let it go this time.

mav

Oh shit, those guys are awesome. The style is reminiscent of some SNES game, I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was a Castlevania game? I dunno. Either way, good stuff.

Kagebunji

That guy next to skeleton looks like some kind of vampire, nice.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Asmo X

The style is similar to Vandal Hearts

jimmyjw88

Those are just amazing!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Smash

To me, they look awfully near Fire emblem.. And I didn't even think of it while making them.

It's been a while, but im back again

(main in Dissidia)

mav

That portrait is epic, but the hair right above the headband thing looks a little strange, for whatever reason. I dig the sprite too. Great work Smash.

And that little scene drawing...wow, I really like the effect used for the background. Great stuff as always, Smash.

Smash

That hair was a pain.. Probably because of the unusual whites not common in FFT. My ref was the Dissidia art.

Im thinking on sheeting a character, and it may probably end up being this Cecil, or his dark knight version.

mav

Dark Knight Cecil's been requested so many damn times that it would be a community service for you to do it.

Jumza

didnt cidIII (or whatever his name is im havent seen him post in ages) do one but never post the final version with a portrait??
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

mav

Yeah; I looked for Cid's Cecil, but my connection has been crapping out on me, so I'll have to find it later. There was another iteration of DK Cecil here as well--it had horns and looked really different. There was also the epic Kain sprite that Smash started and Asmo worked a bit on, but I'm too lazy to find that too. :>

Jumza

Ok i never thought he had his latest one out but i was looking for the thread and found MOAR CECIL!! which had cidIII attach this.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kagebunji

Jesus that Cecil portrait is amazing, Smash, great job. About his sprite, do DK, whole FFH will erect if they will see DK Cecil :D.

CidIII Cecil looks like Ramza in strange helm, he didn't used enough custom or copy/pasting.

Cheetah

Great portrait Smash. The shading under the chin looks a bit too dark and abrupt. Also the black on the top of his head doesn't seem to look quite right. Completing some Cecil sprites would be very good.

Also have you heard that map editing is finally happening? I believe you showed interest in doing some texture stuff or maybe even some designing. It is pretty straight forward now and takes little to no hacking skills.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Amazing Cecil portrait, Smash!! Really amazing!! I'm really liking the sprite too. And that scene...My gosh, very nice!! I like the texture and the effects. Brilliant!!

Oh, Curu made a pose of Cecil Dark Knight.
[attachment=0:vedxbbqp]Cecilbat2.png[/attachment:vedxbbqp]

Kagebunji

That DK looks like some Lucavi in disquise, those red eyes. Overall it is good, but I would like to see Smash's interpretation :)

mav

Curu also did the portrait on Cid's sprite, which is why her sprite looks exactly like that portrait. Her color choices are a bit too drastic for my tastes though; Cid's sprite is cool too, but it needs some refining.

RolyTunedIn

cecil paladin is looking nice smash... curu's dk looks good but looks more like it should be a generic to me... id prefer the dissidia dk cecil.