• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:07:37 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

:) Its in early development, I planned on doing a Catuar way back when, life and school got in the way. I'll try to get at least 2 frames posted tomorrow hopefully, unless I forget for another 6 months >_>
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

because every ff game needs a cactuar! <3
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

2 frames is all you need for a cactuar sprite lol.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

I can't believe how bad I am at spriting...
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

portraits are so dang hard, dont worry about it. only an elite few can do portraits

Kenshin72

I thought the face was alright but the hair...

Jon

2 frames, yep 1 for the front, 1 for the back. However, FFT has near dead and dead frames, so that makes 4...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I have important question, is there some way to view monster frames in ShiShi?(ver.457 is what I am using). I want to edit Ghost sheet, but I cannot do it without knowing how to view his frames. Help please.

Kagebunji

Ok, thanks, I didn't figured it out, but whatever. I was away for some time, but I am back and I have slight update. Lenneth has braid added to all back walking frames, I don't think it is nesccesary to add it to forward one as well. But there are some problems(duh, it would be no fun without them), size. The size of hair to be more specific, I can pull it on the back frames on attack framees, but on forward it can be harder, if I add it to the body, I must be sure it will connect properly with hair frames. Another problem about size occured on the damage-taking frame, the back one, the braid is too big and ShiShi doesn't display it, I tried moving the whole pose, dividing braid into two(wich wont work, since legs from damage-taking are also used for Charging animations for example). As you see there are some problems I must solve with it, but I will get it done...somehow

Kagebunji

Since you disliked the last attempt at the monk, I made yet another hair. Tell me what you think. I really feel that there should be more fist-users sprites.

Yay for triple post!

Edit: hair will be changed, just gimme suggestions what color would lok best, I am too tired to think of it myself, duh :P.

Cheetah

These wild crazy big anime haircuts look great, they just don't fit the FFT style well. Good to hear that progress is still being made on Lenneth.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yeah, the biggest hair in FFT is what...Female Knight? Too bad it doesn't fit, anime-style hair are cool. But what about this new, smaller one? You like it?

mav

I don't mind the wild hair, you just gotta be willing to give them more natural hair colors too. Then this can work out, cause honestly, that looks wicked. Great shading, man.

Kagebunji

Yeah, the hair's color needs changing, I just have no idea what will look decent. Blonde is out, too many blondies, Black neither, clothes are already black. That leaves brown, should it be light or dark brown though?

mav

If you're keeping this skin color, then go with dark brown. If you will lighten the skin, then give him light brown.

Like this:
[attachment=0:14num1gi]Untitled.png[/attachment:14num1gi]

Kagebunji

Ok, what do you think about these browns, I can also give him slightly lighter if this is not good enough. This monitor really screws up colors, so I must rely on you guys.

mav

Looks great. Certainly better than mine, in my opinion. Double check your palette later on--I feel like you may have some colors that can be shared. If so, you can try and add some more color somewhere. Totally your call now, cause he looks fine as is.

Cheetah

Looking good, doesn't he look like that one guy with the sun glasses from FFXII and FFTA2? Well the hair at least.
Current Projects: