• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:09:24 pm

Why do I not get eggs?

Started by Emilio, October 05, 2021, 04:48:12 pm

Emilio

I'm sorry for my utter ignorance of most terms I see here, I am not familiar with modding, hacking, etc. What I am is very frustrated because over a couple of playthroughs I've never -ever- gotten an egg despite having followed all of the gameplay advice I can find. I'm playing WotL on PPSSPP v0.9.5. As I said, I'm just a regular user, I've never messed with anything that could have accidentally turned the breeding function off, as I fear might be the case (I don't know!). Again, I'm sorry if this is a foolish/inapppropriate question here, but any help will be much appreciated.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jumza

Are you using any mods? What monster are you trying to breed? Do you have any space in your party available for the egg to go?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Emilio

Thank you for your reply. I'm not aware of having used any mods. As far as I know, I've been playing a regular ISO of the game as I got it. On a different save of the game (in it's late stages, as I was trying to do things and get items I'd never gotten before) I enticed a couple of Swine and tried to get them to breed Wild Boars by walking around the map for months and nothing ever happened. Now I've started a new game, got Boco and kept it (since many players say it breeds like crazy) and still nothing. Today I managed to entice the Pig in Tchigolith Fenlands and made a whole year go by walking between Dorter and the monastery with both it and Boco in the roster... And nada. No eggs, no chocobos, no pigs (at this point I have almost half of my party slots available, and I've read the mathematical odds of getting an egg at any time are slim, but reasonable). This is like my third playthrough and I don't even remember having ever seen an egg.

Jumza

Strange! I think you may have a dirty image, I would try sourcing one from somewhere else and see if the problem persists. Otherwise, sorry I have no idea!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Emilio

Quote from: Jumza on October 05, 2021, 07:57:39 pmStrange! I think you may have a dirty image, I would try sourcing one from somewhere else and see if the problem persists. Otherwise, sorry I have no idea!

Yes, I'm afraid that's probably the issue here. I will do that and see if there's any change. Thank you very much!

nitwit

Do you have any gameshark codes on?

Emilio

Quote from: nitwit on October 06, 2021, 12:23:24 amDo you have any gameshark codes on?

No, that I can say for sure. I've started again with a fresh download of the emulator and a different ISO. Let's see what happens...

Nyzer

The emulator itself could also be the cause.

One of the TLW beta testers has dealt with a really finicky emulator that breaks certain damage formulas or event commands, for example.