• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[SOLVED] How do I start with modhacking?

Started by darkskyx, November 21, 2020, 04:30:05 am

darkskyx

November 21, 2020, 04:30:05 am Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 05:52:29 pm by darkskyx
I watched this tutorial from YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iq3BzFRu8
And I don't understand a single thing... I'm a newbie on this. I just want to make a few changes from a mod I like. How I can change the requeriments from a job/class, move some skills to other classes and also change some JP of some jobs/classes (to 0)? I'm asking for PSP because that's where is the mod is made for, but maybe PSX is easier?
I would also like to buff stats, but that's optional to me. And I'd like to make things like adding crossbows and bows to thiefs (just an initial idea). And from the last part of the video that I showed... Can I translate that skills into another language? And how I do it? I'm waiting for a response. Ty!

Edit: My question was answered. I only need to know how to change some sprites & maybe add some hacks. But I can't mark my topic as solved.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Windows X

Rather than add Crossbow on Thief, shouldn't you use Rquip Crossbow instead? There's a good reason why Thief doesn't have Crossbow. If you really want one, just use support skill to equip it.

Orkney

Hi

FFT Patcher will do the job.

You'll find it here

Open your patch or your ISO, and look in the Job sheet for the crossbow thing, and in the job level sheet for the Job lv thing.

You can move skill from the skillset sheet.

It's quite intuitive you'll see.
  • Modding version: PSX

darkskyx

December 25, 2020, 10:07:40 pm #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 08:53:24 am by darkskyx
Quote from: Windows X on November 21, 2020, 07:42:45 amRather than add Crossbow on Thief, shouldn't you use Rquip Crossbow instead? There's a good reason why Thief doesn't have Crossbow. If you really want one, just use support skill to equip it.
For flexibility. Thiefs are good for stealing but that class don't offer anything else to battle better.

Quote from: Orkney on November 22, 2020, 03:31:14 amHi

FFT Patcher will do the job.

You'll find it here

Open your patch or your ISO, and look in the Job sheet for the crossbow thing, and in the job level sheet for the Job lv thing.

You can move skill from the skillset sheet.

It's quite intuitive you'll see.
I forgot to answer, OMG! Thanks! I just wanted to do a few changes but I did a whole re-patch with new skills with that tool. But I can't really change in-game texts, do you know a way to do it?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that FFTPatcher came with FFTactext and I can change all there ^_^

EnderC

Quote from: darkskyx on December 25, 2020, 10:07:40 pmEdit: Nevermind, I just saw that FFTPatcher came with FFTactext and I can change all there ^_^

Take a look at this thread too:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11204.msg213172#msg213172

Xifanie (the legend she is), made an Excel worksheet that makes it much easier to edit text than doing it in FFTactext.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: EnderC

darkskyx

Quote from: EnderC on January 11, 2021, 02:53:57 pmTake a look at this thread too:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11204.msg213172#msg213172

Xifanie (the legend she is), made an Excel worksheet that makes it much easier to edit text than doing it in FFTactext.

Thanks, but in that post says that WotL is not properly supported... And I'm using the PSP version to make my changes.