• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:49:18 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CUSTOM SPRITE Samurai KUMADORI *In process*

Started by lildan, December 29, 2019, 07:15:06 pm

lildan

December 29, 2019, 07:15:06 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:04:04 am by lildan
Hello friends, I've always wanted to start modifying sprites here. This is my first try doing a modification of any kind.
I really like the samurai vanilla look, but I always wanted to see how he would look without the helmet. So here i made a franken-modification using the cool hair from the sprite of Karsten made by Zozma and the vanilla samurai look. I put him white makeup with red details, with the intention or adding more in the future to give a kumadori vibe to it.

I edit the post as I modify the sprite until it's finished. That way I can show the progress I'm doing:D

<I have 2 unused colors, so I wanted some suggestions of what I could add to the character. Or any things I could change to the sprite itself>
  • Modding version: PSX

Valkirst

This is pretty cool, I don't know any comment on this? I think I would desaturate the colors of the armor bit though.
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

lildan

Hello! Thanks for the comment and sorry for the late reply. I ended doing a new sprite for the body, using MiKeMiTchi 'Lazuli', I created a custom look with a design in the pants that I managed to make work for the walking animations, starting to give a kabuki vibe to it. I still want to keep modifying it to improve it.

Porklin

Quote from: lildan on June 30, 2020, 09:54:07 pmHello! Thanks for the comment and sorry for the late reply. I ended doing a new sprite for the body, using MiKeMiTchi 'Lazuli', I created a custom look with a design in the pants that I managed to make work for the walking animations, starting to give a kabuki vibe to it. I still want to keep modifying it to improve it.

Hey lildan, this sprite is awesome! I hope you don't mind, but I used it as the base for a sprite I made for an upcoming mod. I give you credit on the sprite sheet as well. You can see the sprite I made in the thread "Porklin's sprites"!
  • Discord username: porklin