• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

Lol again! So funny. Sephiroth's hair is anti-gravity as you can see here as well in Zodiac's post.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

After looking closely, I noticed those two black pixels, hardly noticable, but whatever.

Lol, Sephiroth is the master then.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

I tried lighter skin tone as you wanted Mav, I think it is too bright when compared to hair. This is Squire's skin colors btw.

mav

I think the skin tone looks alright, man. I made a really quick and choppy edit to the hair to help you see what I've been trying to explain. I also darkened the skin tone a little bit, in case you still weren't liking it. Take a look:
[attachment=0:26vpzr9u]Untitled.png[/attachment:26vpzr9u]

Jon

Mav, your "quick choppy" edit looks actually real good. There are a few black pixels in there that could be darkest brown, but thats not a must, just a preferance of mine. One thing, the other eye that we barely see needs to be raised or the eye we do see needs to be lowered by 1 pixel.

Kagebunji

Ah, the eyes went from angry to sad, dang. It is fixable though. But I really wanted that strand of hair in there, here is the hair that I took it from. Note: didn't heard anyone complainin about it when it was posted months ago...

Jon

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is that last guy? I see that is where you got the strand. Wow, Shara is simply awesome!

GeneralStrife

omfg those jap portraits are awesome....if they had a sprite to go along.................*creams*

Jon

Ritz was my fave FFTA character, and the one the Japanese made is simply gorgeous. I can't believe that each one is only 16 colors in itself. Extraordinary! :mrgreen: Wish my portraying was that good, I think I'm slowly getting there.

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Note: didn't heard anyone complainin about it when it was posted months ago...
Eh, it's negligible there cause it was made by Japanese people; their concept of hair has never been real. Honestly though, it doesn't look appropriate on there either. The first guy's is better and slightly more natural looking.

Zozma

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"omfsa those jap portraits are awesome....if they had a sprite to go along.................*creams*

lady frimelda is in the works man, did u see that topic? smash even improved the original portrait as well
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Quote from: "mav"The first guy's is better and slightly more natural looking.
Heh, it's cause he is wearing sun glasses on the second version, I had problem to realize what it is too. I have the sheet almost done, all that is left is copy/pasting for water frames. It would be nice if LD came back, since I need a name for him.

mav

Sorry, I was referring to the kid with the red hat. I dunno what his name is. Either way, work with the version I posted earlier. Change up the eyes a bit and go from there.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Zozma"
Quote from: "GeneralStrife"omfsa those jap portraits are awesome....if they had a sprite to go along.................*creams*

lady frimelda is in the works man, did u see that topic? smash even improved the original portrait as well
Yeah, i cant wait for her to be done! Shara and ritz would be awesome too! come to think of it, we have a priest with cat ears!

Kagebunji

Quote from: "mav"Sorry, I was referring to the kid with the red hat. I dunno what his name is.

His name is Lednar, one of main vilain from FFTA, don't blame you for not knowing, hehe.

I will try something similiar to yours version alright, I will post results later today.

Kagebunji

Okay, I edited the port almost the same as you did, Mav. I only changed like 4 pixels,heh. Also there are new eyes, since the old one were lookin sad.

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Jon

mav

Much better. I guess I'll have to give him a beige shirt when I do the sprite's palette, that way the portrait will match the sprite. Unless we can fit two colors in there...hmmm.

Kagebunji

Ok I finished the sprite, BMP has been sent Mav, do your magic! Heh.