• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

mav

I agree with Jon.

Dude, this looks pretty good. It'll look amazing one he gets a slightly more custom palette.

Kagebunji

Yeah, the palette, since you are the best at it, Mav, I was thinking of asking you for this. You have better sense of color than I do. Will you try something with it? Tell me if you want me to send you BMP.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

itoikenza

this is off topic, but Kagebunji please fix zack & beatrix! their mouths look screwed up when yelling for magic/summons!

http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/
Some hits you, So miss you, the center too, enter you, hits undone, have some fun, I know! misses come, render none, enter some... Always won!!... incomplete I know...

mav

Yeah, I'd be happy to do the palette. You can continue working on the sprite now though--I'll do the palette once it's complete.

Zozma

Quote from: "itoikenza"this is off topic, but Kagebunji please fix zack & beatrix! their mouths look screwed up when yelling for magic/summons!

hmm beatrix  has a glitch with the mouth animation? i wonder why noone has ever mentioned it to me...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Update, if all goes well I will have port done by tomorrow. It sounds good enough to me, Mav, I will send it to you once it is done.

Jon

Nice! Now I can nearly "borrow" the hair, once he is in movement. I really like the green color, but mixing green and blue isn't advisable, not because the colors are off but just green and blue don't fit nicely together. He looks like he is wearing clown clothes. Okay, that may be too harsh, but if you change the blue to a complimentary color of green which is red, it might look better. Or yellow, yellow would look good. This is just my opinion, don't take it too seriously. Maybe other people will tell you the complete opposite. Your call dude!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I told ya not to steal this hair untill he is fully done! :D), besides original archer has blue+green too, i just swapped blue from chest to legs. I was tryin to avoid making it in any way similiar to green color, it would probably make him look dull, but I can try changing it if it will make you feel better, heh.

Jon

No no, its okay. Did you try grayish white for the pants though? Wait, that would look like Link *facepalm*. Umm, just leave it.

mav

I said this in the other topic, but the head looks a pixel too low on the second and fourth frame. Now that I look at it again though, I feel like the second frame's okay, but the fourth frame definitely isn't. The male Archer body is really fun to work with, from a palette perspective, so expect some interesting stuff.

Kagebunji

Head is fine on both of these frames, Mav, I can assure you of this. On 2nd I used eyes as a starting point, so it is good for 100%, on 4th I used hair, a pretty good spot, almost as eyes, I wonder what makes this feeling though. I leave the palette to your imagination, Mav, I just ask you to leave him in Hunter Theme(green and crap).

Quote from: "Jon"Did you try grayish white for the pants though? Wait, that would look like Link *facepalm*. Umm, just leave it.
I told you.

mav

I realized that the reason the second frame looked weird is cause there's no neck (unlike the male Archer, whose neck you can see). Try raising the back one and see for yourself.

Kagebunji

Ok, no harm in trying. But I still think it is not worth it, I had to shade Arms and back differently a bit(there is a rather dark blob above his left arm). Your call.

Jon

Hmmm, this head does look better position wise, but since you pointed out the black blob, the hair seems wrong. Add a few dark brown pixels in there or continue the shading from that "z" shaped bit so it becomes a double z. If you don't know what I mean, I mean the shape that looks like the Tetris piece, 3rd darkest brown.

mav

That looks a lot better, in my opinion. Just fill in the blob a bit and you should be fine. In fact, Jon's got the right idea.

Kagebunji

I am so tired that I honestly have no idea what you are talkin about with this Z, mind showing me this yourself? Use the png in my last post.

Kagebunji

Well this port is not fully done, but I have no idea what to do with the rest of the body, I tried using Squire's armor for port(Squire from Mav's avatar) and it looked great, it's just that it was too small. Could anyone take this over? I have no idea what to do now :/. Also, I have done all walking frames on sprite.

Jon

I might have screwed it up, but now you'll get the idea I meant. Change it to something like this if you aren't happy with it, but I think this is better. Btw, you want something like Mav's armor? I could give it a try, but I'm still not that good with spriting. I have an idea though if you want something like Mav's.

Kagebunji

Anything similiar to Mav's armor is fine, be carefull though, the size will be biggest problem. Well the hair on sprite is now lookin weird, I will try something else later on.

Jon

The hair I made looks fine big, but at 100% it looks weird. Here, you have to get the colors down to 16, they are at 20 right now, and I kept Mav's colors because I know you can change them to whatever you want yourself. If you don't like / hate it I understand.