• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Zozma

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Cheetah"Looking good, doesn't he look like that one guy with the sun glasses from FFXII and FFTA2? Well the hair at least.
Good eye, Cheetah, he is based on Al Cid Magrace(guy with sun glasses, heh).

Zozma, Lenneth will take more time, since there are size problems that I mentioned earlier, but I am working on her all the time.

Jon

That hair on the Monk looks also a bit like the redone Warrior and Knight in FF1 on GBA, nice work man!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

i like that new monk hair, it looks great, but i think id rather see it on something else, like a warrior or something

Kagebunji

I hear ya, Et suggested I make him bald, like traditional monks. I could do some other sprite with this hair, I have no idea what should it be though. Maybe LD will need it for Mercenaries, we will see.

Zozma

that hair looks nice, you could even make a squire look decent with it to be honest lol, but probably a warrior type or something

mav

Yeah, there are tons of options. Browse through the Mercenaries forum and see what sprites could benefit from this hairdo.

Jon

No! I mean don't change the Monk to bald, bald = ugly. Monks originally had hair btw in FF1 and they were called Blackbelts, but I am sure you knew that Kage. However, yeah this hair is so cool, I think making a Bartz sprite or something would befit it better. But please don't make the Monk bald!

mav

You know...you could always have a bald monk and a monk with hair. There's room for tons of sprites, just saying. Sprites aren't necessarily about what we like, so much as what the community will use. If the monk's bald you could probably free up a couple shades to give the sprite a more custom look. Different vest, pant, and cuff/shoe color. Or put some kinda design on the pants. Whatever you desire.

Cheetah

Make the current monk bald, and then use the current monk head on a new body to be the blackbelt! Jon had it a little wrong, the monk "evolves" into a blackbelt in FFT.
Current Projects:

Jon

Oh yeah, oops. I played the new version on the GBA and got confused- they have Monks "evolve" (Pikachu style xD) into Masters. Yeah, its true, what I am complaining about, you could make like tons of variations of everything. Squire with current Monk hair, for example or a custom Warrior class, ect. And bald Monks or old people like I actually imagined Gafgarion bald, not like Balbanes. Keep up the good work Kage!

Edit: Come to think of it, thank God that no noobs or someone requested Pokemons. I hate Pokemon, it stole a good portion of my life way back when and distracted me from FF. I could just imagine a horrible Pokemon patch...Pikachus casting Thunder and Charmanders casting Fira...oh God! The horror!

Twinees

this should help if you are thinking about making a bald person, i would definitely change the original monk for a bald one. :)
Gl.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

btw, my sprite labeled berserker, used the chest of this dude as a base lol

Kagebunji

I have little time, I will post this and go, I will have much more time tomorrow. Note: this is for Merc. Very rough, I have a complete rework in plans.

Jon

September 14, 2010, 10:27:32 am #1454 Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:50:33 am by Jon
That hair astonishes me every time. Really really good job Kage! I feel I might have to "borrow" this hair for something, dunno what yet. What job is this going to be? A Monk or Archer? Honestly he looks like Robin Hood. Very nice, only one thing I don't like is that you don't have any white in the eyes and you are using 1 green pixel in the eye, which no offense is just stupid. Use the light skin color there and try to squeeze in 1 white at least. Awesome job dude! Keep it up!

Edit: Mav asked: Do you have any colors left on the palette? Yeah dude, you need to get some white in there...man working with 16 colors drives me nuts!

Zozma

i think you should go with another color besides green, but that squire ish body actually looks nice with that hairdo

mav

As I said on the Mercenaries forum, consider using desaturated greens and replacing the legs. Even the browns look a little too saturated, but I'll let that pass. Do you have any colors left on the palette?

Kagebunji

No "borrowing" Jon, not unless he is done :D.

Kagebunji

Update, I have two versions, one made specially for Jon, with one white pixel for eye but with less depth on armor, and second with more depth on armor but without one pixel for eyes. Choice is pretty obvious to me(armor depth is more important, duh), but I never know what you will choose.

Jon

Armor depth. When at 100% size (the small one) it looks totally fine actually on the top sprite. One pixel on each frame is definitely not worth it.