• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:34:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

mav

Possibly. You may want to look at Larg and Dycedarg as well...

Kagebunji

Dycedarg beard sucks a lot, I wanted to use it for Bikke, and realized that Dycedarg beard is too small and good particulary for nothing
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Well Mercenaries section is lowered to sub-forum, and I doubt anyone will notice posts there at all, so I will post Bikke progress here. Also, I tried to do sumthin with face of Lezard, more evilish, tell me what you think.

jimmyjw88

Well, you can still post it there if you want. It's still noticeable.
Hmm...Sorry but what did you changed?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Whose legs and beard are you using for Bikke? Lezard looks good, though I can't tell what's been changed either...

Kagebunji

As for Lezard, I added a brown pixel for his eyebrows, and added two pixels betewen the eyes. For Bikke I'm using boots that were on Aqua's base, it is Male Monk I suppose, beard is custom made, since there is no single good beard on sprites(either too small and not usable(Dycedarg), or too big(Goltana))

jimmyjw88

Ah yes, the angry/evil look. Its working, I guess.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

The evil eyes definitely work man--good job. They looked natural, so I assumed they weren't new. As for Bikke, I think you should use different pants and legs (male Thief's, please). And for some reason the hat looks one pixel too low on both the forward-facing and forward diagonal frames.

Kagebunji

I can change the boots, but pants are kinda pain to change(and then I will have to change every walking frames and fix correctly, then attacking frames come, wich are even bigger pain), I will leave the pants, I'm too lazy :/ The hat looks like this probably cause he is soo bulky, so it is pretty much normal.

MiKeMiTchi

I tried fusing the thief's pants and monk's upper body together, hmm.. and it wasn't easy as you said,
but it's possible. The only thing hard is the critical and dead poses, for me.

I'll show you the collab later (w/out the beard)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kagebunji

Good luck with attack and walking frames ;)

MiKeMiTchi

ahh here it is:
w/out proper colors (and some alignments)..

doesn't it look easier?
(just use magnifier)

jimmyjw88

Yeah, magnifier should help this job better.

mav

It could easily be done. Just work on it to the best of your abilities, guys; that's all that matters.

Kagebunji

You work fast Mike, with my lazines it would take at least week xD But I just like previuos pants more :/

MiKeMiTchi

Yes, the previous pants look good, too. :)

Quotewith my lazines it would take at least week

A week isn't bad enough for a finished sprite. Good luck!

Cheetah

I think it would even be fine to leave the long jacket tails in (which are current green from the male thief), it would make the jacket a bit more unique. Thoughts?
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Yes, Sir Cheetah made a very good point there. That jacket tail may make him look more unique. What do you guys think?

MiKeMiTchi

March 06, 2010, 12:01:03 am #1138 Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:44:19 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I think it looks better with the jacket tail, plus it'll be easier to do.
I'll have a try, and if I ever finish it, Kage, please finish it by adding beard and editing some errors. :)
Total colors so far: 15

Kagebunji

Thanks Mike, I will finish it for sure, also I thought about few tweaks:
1. right now the tail of jacket(back poses) looks like it is not connected with the upper part of jacket, I will change it so it will look like one thing.
2.Skin below pants, I will delete it, to me pirates shouldn't have legs exposed, not even a bit,
3. The blue looks strange to me, I will change it. But I suppose it is my monitor doing thngs, I'm on other computer right now.