• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:35:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Souls of Destiny: Full 4 chapter update patch

Started by CONMAN, November 15, 2012, 10:37:44 pm

CONMAN

This might require using another emulator?  I don't know about that particular emulator, but with duckstation, it normally loads the latest savestate related to an ISO when you just boot it up (which can cause issues with modded games).  It is possible that another save-state is causing an issue. 

Otherwise, I am not sure.
  • Modding version: PSX

keisuke

thank you!

My device is the latest IOS, and I played the game with retroarch and the core is "pcsx rearmed". Confirmed some graphic errors in custom maps. It freezes when forming a unit with "Goug" and I can't proceed further.

After that, I changed the core to "beetle psx" or "beetle psx HW" and also tried it with "cue" and "chd" files. In the above case, the game froze at the loading screen for the first battle at the start and could not proceed further.

In addition to retroarch, I also tried epxe, and epxe has no graphic errors and can be played normally. Retroarch has the PS1 BIOS configured and other patches work properly. For some reason, only this patch causes an error. I mainly play games on IOS, so it's a shame that I can't play this patch.

Kayy

Hey, is it possible to get the hunters that appear in the sweggy woods? i really want to know if its possible, or the titan that appears on the desert.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

Sorry, neither of them are recruit-able.

Kayy

that's sad... gaw damn, i really wanted them.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

twigglypuff

What would you say is the difficulty of this mod? 1 being vanilla and 10 being FFT1.3
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

CONMAN

I feel like this is a bit of a tough judgement for me to make, but on the scale of vanilla to 1.3, probably around a 4 or 5.  There are definitely ups and downs in difficulty but I think that may be a fair average.

twigglypuff

Quote from: CONMAN on April 04, 2024, 08:05:45 pmI feel like this is a bit of a tough judgement for me to make, but on the scale of vanilla to 1.3, probably around a 4 or 5.  There are definitely ups and downs in difficulty but I think that may be a fair average.

Thanks for the quick reply! A 4-5 is already much harder than vanilla which is great. I found 1.3 a bit too ridiculous towards the end haha. Thank you for the mod and I'll be sure to check it out!

Leomillia

Tested on the Wiistation Nintendo Wii emulator! Almost imperceptible frame drops, there are save bugs, as in the case when you do a savestate and when you decide to reset and use the common save, the characters disappear and the map doesn't move. In addition to crashing and a black screen. But just play as a common Ps1, without savestate and the game will unfold. I intend to finish it on the Wii to see if it really runs 100%.