• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:05:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

.fftpatch application to the game file

Started by Deejay, September 03, 2011, 05:37:34 pm

Deejay

Hey all, brand new to the site and pretty excited to start editing Final Fantasy Tactics, which may well be my favorite video game of all time. Got an issue with FFT Patcher thats probably something small, but I figured Id ask. For some reason I make my patch in the editor, save it as the .fftpatch file, and when I go to export the patch the original game file doesnt show up. Any ideas?

Eternal

What do you mean by exporting the game patch?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

what the hell are you talking about? you patch your iso with the patcher

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

I'm not yelling 'at' him, I use sentence enhancers

Deejay

Im well aware you patch it with the patcher. Im saying under the export menu on the program itself theres the option that says "Apply patch to SCUS_942.21" and whenever I use that and go in the folder that the ISO's in, it doesnt even come up in the folder saying its usable. Thats where the issue lies. Ive copied it and applied hacks to it using ppf-o-rama, so i have no Idea why the ISO it wouldnt be usable for this.

GeneralStrife

There is no export option in the FFTPATCHER unless that is your nickname for the patch iso option. I assume this is PSX and not a PSP? It has to be your iso.

Deejay

Just found out I was using ver.271 instead of .352, thats where the confusion came in. Everythings working fine now that I got the right version.

Argy

I dont if this helps but .457 is out as well and I pretty sure its available from the download section
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Deejay

Hmmm just looked everywhere for .457 and it is out I just cant find a link for it, been looking around for about 45 mins. Any ideas where to grab that?

Deejay

Guess I looked right past it in there. Well appreciated, the editing begins.