• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Meliadoul Unveiled

Started by Fosil, April 03, 2011, 11:25:38 pm

Kagebunji

Thanks for reference, Twin. Now I can finish the EVTCHR, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

While doing the EVTCHR I just couldn't resist to fix up the face, and do something about the hair so it is less outlined. Also, maybe it looks a little more like the portrait now. Yay or nay?

Wolfran

Yay for the new hair, she looks better now and Nay because the hair in the portrait doesn't look like your sprite. But a new portrait will be great.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Zozma

i cant see the model, its blocked or something here, but base the hair off the portrait. it would be a waste not to make use of something like that.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I made the bang more visible, as it is on the portrait. I cannot see why it looks less like it, but w/e. To make it 100% accurate, I should add a long strand of hair, but this is unneccesary. Mind showing your idea of making it more like a portrait?

RavenOfRazgriz

April 22, 2011, 05:34:29 am #65 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:36:26 am by RavenOfRazgriz
The portrait looks amazing, but definitely the hair needs to be redone to match it.  I honestly dislike the hair on 2a.  I don't know if its the color choice or the shading or what but something makes it look rather unnatural.

Kagebunji, your altered take on the front looks good.  I'd add a tiny bit back to the side you trimmed though, it looks a little too far cut back.  I'd like to see how you'd do the back of the hair, though, because that's what bugs me the most on 2a.

Lijj

This is a great sprite.. for someone's first esp. I say just submit it. the fighting frame's hair does slightly bother me but; it's still worth submitting and we don't want to overwhelm the new person with walls of critique.
  • Modding version: PSX

Fosil

May 02, 2011, 10:56:26 pm #67 Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:59:28 pm by Tojoe
:) I have been meaning to pick it back up. I told myself I would finalize Meliadoul earlier today, but eh... Just happen to be procrastinating with other FFT stuff. And hitting walls while attempting Marach's re-envisioning.

And well, if I am correct, here it is up until this point in all near-finality: (without Kagebunji's altered version)

ChronosAragami

This Is Pretty Awesome !  :ban:

RandMuadDib

ooh this sprite gives me a reason to keep her in the game!
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

Yeah, it is a pretty amazing sprite, but only cause lijj's portrait is sexy AF.

Lijj

Lijj and Twinees' portrait that is.
Why not submit this beaut?

Zozma

yes why hasnt this been submitted?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

Yet ANOTHER spriter falls silent. That would be my guess. God it sucks, no one ever stays. We spriters need a tighter knit union.

Lijj

I went ahead and uploaded it Tojoe. Hope you don't mind.

avocadoclock

I liked the idea of Meliadoul with lighter hair, and I also liked the profile provided itt.

I did some small editing and clean up to combine the two ideas.

See attached,
Have a great day
  • Discord username: avocadoclock