• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTOMGTZ BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

Started by VampragonLord, January 06, 2010, 06:32:10 am

VampragonLord

There will be items in the shop, though the better/more important ones are going to Battle spoilers only. I didnt wish to embark on a true script in such a small demo, so i just put in a bit more of a "blunt humor" so people could enjoy it, instead of trying to figure out whats going on in the script and leaving alot up in the air.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Mari

Very nice idea! Just playing the first battle already has me plenty interested~! If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to let me know.
I'm a zombie obsessed person so.. Yeah! I'm sure I'll be following this ship for as long as it sails.

There was just one thing that bothered me, though.
How come Equipment is above Shoot?! I think I must've hit equipment almost every turn I had. @.@
Otherwise, looking good so far!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

VampragonLord

slow down just a tad when battling, trying to mash straight to attack in this very well might get you killed anyway >.>
Equipment will become MUCH more important as you play through the game, many enemies will have different weaknesses and resistances, or you might choose to change to some lighter gear to take on faster enemies, etc.

How was the difficulty of the opening battle?

Mari

It wasn't very hard at all. :S D killed the zombie that spawns next to me and I killed the next closest one with the starting turns. And then we just shot the vampire when he was in range and the zombies when he wasn't.

Give some vertical range to blood suck and I might've lost! (Remember, it has 0. :S)

Ps. I still like my attack button to be my top thing, whether I am using it the most, the least, or not at all!
It's just what's comfortable and how I learned the game. Even when I was thinking about not doing it I still ended up doing it. @.@

Edit: By the way, I'm not sure how easy it would be to fix this, or if you even see it as a problem.. But the re-raise is effecting the AI in, what I see as, a negative way.
The Vampire was the last left alive and he was in range of killing both me and D, but since he was in critical he ran away. He didn't go into berserker mode they usually go into when they're the last one alive because of the units having re-raise.
Just thought I'd bring it to your attention, if you didn't already know it.
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

VampragonLord

My apologies for your inconvenience, though it doesnt look like it will be changing.

Blood sucks Vert has been increased to a more reasonable level, I do not wish the opening battle to be TOO hard, just enough challenge to learn the ropes in. There are many secrets hiding in the wings though.

We have planned out most of the story outline, and i will be releasing a "true demo" with actual script and multiple battles sometime this weekend. (I have no school til feb 8th, so i will be working on this on any day im not out with my friends or busy with other stuff)

The ai as a whole needs a bit of work (bloodsuck is initially flagged for only add status, not hp damage) D also refuses to purify for the same reason (will be fixing this though) I think i will make zombies only res once as well, but not immediatly die off (opinions on this?) that would somewhat fix both the blue "glow" and the angel wings.

Dome

Anyway, I officially sign up as tester ^_^

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

woodenbandman

I want to sign on as a writer and/or spriter. I love this idea and the execution looks to be pretty amazing.

Will there be shotguns? Because that would make my day.

SilvasRuin

Might be able to use ability sets as ways to make customizations to the weapon since the basic attack requires an ability anyways.  Basically this should do fine using the justification of abilities I was tossing around for the mech thought exercise a short while back.

...how does Line of Sight interact with the typical spell aoe?  That could have some interesting effects.

woodenbandman

Oh hey what about...

including special zombies like the boomer, smoker, and tank? Not necessarily straight rips, but that'd break up the monotony and be really cool, IMO.

Jon

I can't get the .ppf to patch, but I trust that this is working well so far because everyone who got it working said so. I think that I can be only a spriter from now on (my life is way to busy...) anyway, how about using the FFTA Zombie as a base? So more or less converting that image to FFT style and making it a bit darker? Would that be fine for the basic Zombie sprite? All I need is an idea on what you want your zombies to look like and I will try to make an icon :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Maybe this was proposed but I will say it anyway(I'm too lazy to read whole topic :P), I would sugest using Vincent Craven sprite for vampire/zombie lord/some other). Also I have few ideas of how to tweak the panther into zombie dog, so gimme some time and I willl see how it will turn out.

SilvasRuin

Hm... I think I know exactly what that sprite would be good for.  Something to talk to vampragon about though.

VampragonLord

@Silvas, i think we're thinking on the same page. if you are saying we should use it for him then yes, we should.

@jon, sorry it wouldnt patch, thats odd o.o sounds like a problem on your end though. I'm not ridiculoously picky on how it looks, a zombie is a zombie is a zombie. Checklist: Rotting/diseased looking flesh, some torn up clothing, etc

@Wooden, The monotony will be broken, you've only seen the first battle so far. There will be a good mix on enemies, and methods to fighting them, no worries. I am going to be rearranging the JP spread and making a larger abilities list so you can "customize" your weapons different shots there, and you will also be modifying your gun from your equipment list. We definitely need a spriter, and having one additional person to kick around story ideas with would be fairly helpful.

@Dome, cool, drop any/all feedback either here or in my inbox (here for general gameplay, inbox for spoilers when the "full" game starts being released. Also, could you make a general gameplay video once we have the "full version" released as well?

ATTENTION! We now have enough writers on this project. If you feel you have an amazing story idea, please write it down and hold onto it, and wait until you see more of what is in store. If you still think its great, feel free to message it to me an i will take it into consideration (no guarentees)

Kagebunji

heh, looks like the cyborg panther, but this is just one part, colors will be changed later.

VampragonLord

that actually looks pretty great. would there be any possibility at some bone showing through? if not it still looks pretty good.

Silvas and i are currently cranking out some script, and deciding on maps.

I have some skill with events, but if we could get someone more specialized in them that would help. if not, i can always just work it out.

Kagebunji

Yeah I tried adding a bone, it's a tough one. I may try to change his leg into bone, but this will be hard. Will work on this later.

VampragonLord

if its too much work, dont worry about it. it was really just more of a thought.

Kagebunji

The worst part is to get some nice copy/pasting parts, there is not a chance in hell to find some(only those small ones that skeleton have), so it has to be custom made, and customs on monsters are higher tier of spriting that I know nothing about :/

VampragonLord

just scrap the bone then, it'd be easier to just use the skeletons sprite and put some bone on a human canvas.  The coloring itself looks pretty great on that.

mav

If you replace the green eye with something a little closer to red, it'll look less robotic. And one easy way to make this look undead is to make one of its legs completely bone. It'd look downright horrifying.

By the way, this is a very interesting patch, Vamp. I watched the video Dome posted and was pretty impressed. Keep it up.