• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Solved] Remapping special unit sprites upon changing jobs

Started by Ralus, August 15, 2022, 05:10:09 pm

Ralus

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to remap sprites for special units upon changing jobs and if there is any tutorial as I can't seem to find one in the forums.

For example,

Agrias has her own sprite (unit and portrait). If I change her job to archer, her sprite would switch to the generic archer sprite or any other assigned sprite, other than Agrias's sprite. If I switch jobs from archer to knight, the sprite appearance would change and so on.

I've looked into UWEntries (https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7833.0), but that only seems to replace the appearance of the sprite while maintaining that certain sprite upon changing jobs.

Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Found a work around by setting gender restrictions for jobs. However, please reply if what I asked is possible!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus

Jumza

This isn't something that's been tackled by anyone unfortunately! Unique units have always maintained their appearance, and you would need a fairly in depth ASM hack for something like this, and more Unit and Wldface space if you wanted unique units to have their own versions of each generic sprite
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.