• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:57:53 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ppf files and FFTPatcher

Started by en4cer1133, May 03, 2022, 07:51:02 pm

en4cer1133

Hello all!

I have been lurking here a while and finally decided to post something.  Is it possible to apply a ppf patch on a clean ISO then apply another patch made with FFTPatcher over that?  I wanted to have the smart encounters made by xifanie, as well as a small mod I am working on for the PSX version. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated!   

Jumza

Smart encounters is an ASM hack that is bundled with the current FFTPatcher Suite (FFTOrgASM) that can be applied safely alongside your patch! If there exists a PPF of -just- smart encounters, that should be able to be applied safely as well, but its much easier to just apply the hack itself with OrgASM.

It's not usually recommended to make edits to an image once you've applied a PPF unless you know what you're doing.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.