• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:42:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Celdia's Complete Patch Tri - Looking For Feedback, Link to Poll in First Post

Started by Celdia, March 21, 2022, 02:42:09 pm

Celdia

Hey all! It's your friendly neighborhood White Mage, back in action again (for good or ill.)

So, I'm sure a few of you have noticed my increased activity around these parts recently. With small silly things like the Reflect-o-Rama and FFT:Doublecast Red Mage patches or more seriously with FFT:Honored. I'm back in the game modding FFT and I've had an idea brewing in the back of my mind since I was working on CCP 2nd. I started working on Honored because I wanted to get back into the swing of things again before I tried to follow up on the CCP legacy, such that it is. Finally starting to feel like I'm back up to speed (or near enough) to get to work brainstorming and planning things, and I want your help.

First things first, as I tend to focus on when I'm starting any FFT project, come the Jobs. It's my bread and butter and possibly the one place I excel at making fun (even if I don't ever get the balance quite right.) To that end, I've set up a small poll over here:  LINK REMOVED - POLL CLOSED (Thank you everyone that submitted responses!)   It's only a few questions to collect some general feedback about favorites and least favorites from my past projects and should only take a few minutes. There's also a link at the very bottom of that survey (Google Forms link) to go to a handful of related short-answer questions. Filling out and submitting any of these would be extremely helpful for me going forward developing and working on CCP3.

I'm not sure where this one is gonna go overall, or what kind of bugs features to expect from it, but if things roll out the way I'm hoping to have them go, then this will be an FFT mod unlike any ever seen before. I would love for as much of the community here to be involved with the dreaming and creation of it as possible. It means the world to me that you all enjoy my work and share that joy back with me and continue to do so and I look forward to working with you all again.

One thing I am sure of though: Something of value came back. ;)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

Since folks seem to be missing the link at the end of the Poll, here is a direct one just in case: Short Answer Section

Grim

Celdia

So something like a year and a half later now I'm closing the poll since I realized I'm still getting submissions to it and I'm pretty solid into the Jobs planning for CCP3 now. I thought it might be fun to post some of the results from it.

Top Generic Jobs
1: CCP2 Mageknight
2: CCP2 Dragoon
3: CCP2 Red Mage / CCP2 Sorcerer (Tied for 3rd)

Favorite Generic Job: CCP2 Mageknight

Top Unique Jobs
1: CCP2 Holy Knight Agrias
2: CCP2 Blue Mage Rad
3: CCP2 Hero Ramza

Favorite Unique Job: CCP2 Blue Mage Rad

Worst Generic Jobs
1: CCP2 Mime
2: CCP2 Bandit
3: CCP1 Warrior

Worst Unique Jobs
1: CCP2 Blue Mage Rad
2: CCP2 Chaos Shaman Rafa
3: CCP1 Engineer Mustadio

Honorable Mentions:
CCP2 Blue Mage Rad - Equal votes for favorite and least-favorite Unique and still absolutely DOMINATED as favorite Unique.
Minimal Healer - The only thing to get a vote in all of Minimal. Thank you to the one person that played that concept build.
CCP2 Warrior - The only generic job nobody voted for in ANY category while every other job in CCP2 got some feedback.
This Post - For having the most instances of "CCP" in it out of any other probably anywhere, but I'm guessing on that one.  :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone that participated! Your feedback has been duly noted and will be preserved for the development of CCP3. A few of these were already getting some attention in the new design docs under some slightly different names, so I think folks will be happy with a lot of what's returning. If your favorites didn't top any list, don't worry! You might just see some of what you liked shuffled into another job or even as a unique unit. As much as I like to recycle ideas, my new ones are just as good as the old stuff and this time around I'm bringing more people on board to help with development. I don't know how long this journey will be, or what it might look like before it's over, but I hope to see you all at the end when I've got another project ready to go!