• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Wedding Music Help!!

Started by Cheetah, June 03, 2009, 03:48:48 pm

Cheetah

June 03, 2009, 03:48:48 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
So please take this seriously guys, this is a chance for the forum to repair all the damage that my fiancee believes it has done to our relationship.

My wedding is in what 4 days and we haven't organized a playlist of music at all yet. So what I need is some good dance song recommendations so that we actually have some music going during our reception. So fun upbeat stuff with only a few slow songs. If you want to post some as a joke please just say it is a joke so that I don't spend too much time searching/listening to it haha. Oh and if you can link me to a good list of wedding songs that would be good too.

Remember this is for the dance floor and reception, not walking down the isle. All help is very much appreciated!
Current Projects:

DarthPaul

June 03, 2009, 04:15:43 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Epic - Faith No More
Dance,Dance - Fall Out Boy
Hum Hallelujah - Fall Out Boy
Bang the Doldrums - Fall Out Boy <- This one could be a doozy as it is a love song that could be construed as a breakup song
Over My Head(Cable car) - The Fray <- Signifies that marriage is a big leap and you took it anyway.
Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquia
In the End - Linkin Park
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
Gone Away - The Offspring
Nine in the Afternoon - Panic at the Disco
Do You Know What I'm Seeing - Panic at the Disco
I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! at the Disco  <- Kind of a joke, but I am having it played at my wedding.
The Power of Equality - Red Hot Chili Peppers
By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Way Back - Reel Big Fish
The Weather Girl - Shiny Toy Guns
MakeDamnSure - Taking Back Sunday
Hypnotize - The White Stripes
Want To Be Close - Yumi Kawamura
Two - The Sleeps <- I shall upload this later as they are a local band and I have it from being friends with them.
My Way - Limp Bizkit
Umbrella - All Time Low
Flagpole Sitta - Chiodos or the Original artist whose name I can't place.
Infected - Bad Religion
Last of the American Girls - Green Day <- Note I was very reserved with song ideas from this band.
Fer Sher - The Medic Droid <- NOTE: This is definitely a joke and could ruin an otherwise excellent reception.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

philsov

June 03, 2009, 04:58:16 pm #2 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:31:35 pm by philsov
Rock's good for ambient/active background, but not for dancing.  

Slowers:
Shania Twain - Forever and For Always
Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing At All
Jason Mraz - Lucky I'm in love
Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man

Fasters:
Dion - Runaround Sue (poor subject matter, but it's a fun oldie to dance to for all the aunts and uncles)  OR Wilson Pickett - Mustang Sally
Van Morisson - Brown Eyed Girl (similar to above)
Nelly - Hot in Here
The Romantics - What I Like About You
Roy Orbison - Addicted to Love
House of Pain - Jump Around
Tone-Loc - Wild Thang (Wild Thing?  dunno the formal title)
Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body (if at all possible GET THE PAUL OAKENFOLD REMIX)

Obligatories:
Shout!
Cha-Cha / Electric Slide / Friends in Low Places (line dance)

Inside Jokes:
Fill these in yourself, but music you/your fiance/friends just have a ball with despite otherwise being undanceable, but it gives yall an excuse to act perfectly silly on the dance floor.  At my brother's wedding it was Beastie Boys - Sabatoge and Nina Gorden - Tonight and the Rest of my Life
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

DarthPaul

June 03, 2009, 05:24:28 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
^ I like the variety he has. :( I'm stuck in the realm of punk rock and ska.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

philsov

June 03, 2009, 05:52:00 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Oh, and while Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" has become the Anthem of Bouquet-Throwing™, I highly recommend you blast a little Party Ben at that portion.

http://www.partyben.com/PartyBen-Single ... InMayberry).mp3

edit:  after much hyperlink-attempting, those parenthesis are a bitch.  just highlight+ copy/paste.

Cheetah

June 03, 2009, 07:35:11 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
This is great stuff guys keep it coming.

I was having the same trouble as Darthpaul, rock doesn't make for good dancing music...
Current Projects:

Samuraiblackbelt

June 03, 2009, 08:07:58 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
supersonic - Family Force Five

congrats on the marriage
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

philsov

June 03, 2009, 08:51:59 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl (the variation between the verses and chorus really makes it danceable)
Brian Setzer - Jump Jive and Wail (if y'all are big dancers)

Zachary Richard - Au Bord du Lac Bijou (a GREAT slow song, but its in cajun/french so it might deter some people).  Travailler c'est trop dur is another great in the same vein, not that I recommend them both.  Actually, Au Bord du Lac Bijou is a bit of a rare one.  I'll attach it, even though y'all'll likely shoot it down  8)
Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Loved a Woman (another slow one)

Samuraiblackbelt

June 05, 2009, 04:25:19 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
if you like waltzes "another bag of bricks" by flogging molly might be good (I think it's a waltz)
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

Archael

June 05, 2009, 09:02:17 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Immortal - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism (1992)

Vanya

June 05, 2009, 09:33:46 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I got nothin'.
My wedding is going to mostly consist of goth music & heavy metal.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

philsov

June 07, 2009, 11:46:52 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
PICS!

Redux

June 08, 2009, 07:36:44 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "philsov"PICS!
This. We better see pics, man.

Vanya

June 08, 2009, 09:58:21 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Those could take a long time to get.
I've heard stories of them taking upwards of a year to come back from the photographer.
I would love to see some, though! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

June 08, 2009, 10:28:40 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
My uncle on my fathers side did the photos at my parents wedding. Hence there are a lot of pictures of the asses of women on my mothers side.

Samuraiblackbelt

June 08, 2009, 04:13:59 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote from: "philsov"PICS!

Twillbunny

August 15, 2009, 07:52:01 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Twillbunny
Sorry,I can't think of anything...but congrats!!!!