• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:51:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

New Slowdown and Job and Skillset Name Errors

Started by LordBobBree, April 09, 2011, 01:10:29 am

LordBobBree

April 09, 2011, 01:10:29 am Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:36:08 am by LordBobBree
On the settings I have my emulator on, I've never experienced slowdown.  However, without changing any of my settings, I have begun getting quite a bit of slowdown during spell animations.  

In addition, small text errors have begun popping up:  Any instance of "ni" in "Knight" is shown as some Japanese symbol in battle (which has never happened before), and after the battle it trasnsfers over to the save screen.  Even after saving, said replacement doesn't carry over after a reset until I get into a battle.  Also, Ramza's skillset shows up as "Guts" in battle (and only in battle) despite having renamed all its instances in TacText.  

I thought these errors may have been a result of increasing the palette and spritesheet limit, but after reverting that with a clean BATTLE.BIN, the problems persist.  

Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, the clean BATTLE.BIN explains Ramza's skillset being called "Guts".

EDIT: And the messed up "Knight", too.  I guess due to DTE.  As for slowdown, I guess I'll restart my computer and see what happens.

EDIT: The slowdown persists.  Though I guess it probably doesn't have anything to do with the changes I made to the iso.  Why can't I come up with answers before I ask questions?

MagiusRerecros

Have you recently changed any plugins for your emulator? That could be the source of your slowdown problem.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

LordBobBree