• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:24:39 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

adding characters to event battle

Started by shikamaru2004, August 31, 2010, 10:34:37 pm

shikamaru2004

I'm just particularly new into this hacking of the game so I wanted to know if I can add more characters to an event battle? I'm in the last chapter of the game and all the characters known is in my roster. I just wondered if I can add more than what I have in the last battle? Even if they're just guest it's fine. I made Ultima very strong and I'm trying this hack. Please help :D

Miroshi Beshima

Well, if you use FFTPatcher and go to the ENDT Tab and look for the event, you can add the characters there.

shikamaru2004

Miroshi Beshima

Are the people you want to add the event in your roster? or do you just want like random characters there?

shikamaru2004

They are in the roster already. Not guests. Like, you know, I can control their actions and movements.
I just want it in the last battle, which is the 2-part Ultima battle.

Is it possible?

Miroshi Beshima

You could do it possibly, if you specify the exact unit you want in the entd (like the sprite, name (if a story character), level, etc.) and check the boxes "Load Formation" and "Control" i think you might be able to. but it might not work with another file if those unit are not in ur roster.

shikamaru2004

Ok Imma try that Load Formation and Control.

shikamaru2004

Pride

Are the characters you're adding to the game actually appearing at the battle or not?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

philsov

as far as I know, 5 is the max allowable units per battle.

If you use the attack.out editor and open up 5 slots on two fronts, the game still cuts you off at 5.

You can have plenty of controllable guests, configured in the ENTD, however.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.