• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:34:10 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

orlandu and delita(Chap 4)

Started by Killergamer, July 24, 2011, 01:30:58 am

Killergamer

so i started making a sprite today after finding this site and ruined it trying to figure out how to animate it to see it turn around but i saved the front facing sprite by itself so i guess ill just post that and the start of the portrait its just editing pre existing sprites but im new to this...im wondering how i can animate it once i redo the whole line again tho..another question i have is how do i change the 16 colors, because i edited the colors in the sprite but i dont think i did it right cause i had to change it to rgb and in the portrait it wont let me put it in RGB

Phlashblazer

Hey man, sorry but your sentences are kind of fragmented and confusing for me to put together, please,  next time, take your time so we can receive your message right.  Sounds to me like you said you had to change something to rgb and your portrait won't let you put it into rgb?  What program are you using, did you try using the eyedropper tool, that's what I use with all my colors pretty much.
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Killergamer

ok yea when i eyedrop the blue to use in the portrait it uses the brown instead...im guessing this has to do with the palletes  but when i try to drap a new color to the palette it doesnt replace it...im using gimp which is probably another bad choice being as i dont think its meant for spriting

Phlashblazer

GIMP should be fine for spriting...  So you imported the image in GIMP right? then tried to eye drop it, did you make sure to switch the pen so that you could make a spot for your new palette, I'm not sure but I'm guessing you may be accidentally still on the eye drop tool when you replace the brown, so you accidentally may be eyedropping the brown. 
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Killergamer

July 24, 2011, 01:17:40 pm #4 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:18:21 pm by Killergamer
ok heres an example of whats happening

its turning that blue grey and i cant change it even with the eyedropper

Cheetah

You absolutely need to be using colors from existing sprites. Those yellows and blues are painful. Interesting design idea though, should be pretty easy to get working.
Current Projects:

Killergamer

Hmm ok so then how do you change the colors of the whole outfit, like changing the colors that i can use

Cheetah

Depends on what program you are using. Paint Bucket tool is a good bet, read our tutorials.
Current Projects:

Killergamer

ok will do heres what ive got so far with the colors im stuck with..how do i get the long sprites instead of just the ones of them standing are there any on the site?

GeneralStrife

Download any of the sprite sheets, custom ones etc.
Use graphics gale or xif's pallette editor and take colors from existing sprites cause its easy to saturate the hell out of your sprite like you are doing with the hair. Plus you can't go over 16 colors and it will count the colors used.

Cheetah

Getting and FFT ISO and using ShiShiSprite Editor in FFTPatcher, which you download from the main site, is the way to get normal sprites. Trying going to the IRC chat for FFH to get more immediate advice.
Current Projects:

Killergamer

ok so ive got this so far now im gunna try and figure out the coloring

Killergamer

so figured out changing the colors using palettes still gotta touch up a few spots but overall im impressed on my first try i really wanna know how i can animate it like in cheetahs sig time to look at more vids :D

Lijj

Neat hood and sprite.  But you need to re paste his face in it looks all crazy right now.
There are many ways to make a gif depending on what programs you use.
  • Modding version: PSX

Killergamer

oh yea i made them white i was going for a more possessed look lol must not have worked

GeneralStrife

July 27, 2011, 12:10:45 am #15 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:33:44 am by GeneralStrife
yeah man i dont know whats going on with that head, Did you make that head/face custom? don't try to do custom work when early spriting, you end up with this

Phlashblazer

Nice man! What videos did ya watch? Lijjs?  Anyways nice man.

Killergamer

July 28, 2011, 05:32:48 pm #17 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:52:13 pm by Killergamer
yea i watched lijjs videos but here he is portraits done and i did some palettes too i think i screwed up the portrait cause i recolored it myself to make it 16 bit lol cause idk why but when i export the bmp's the portraits colors are just really screwed up

edit: i also changed the eyes back

GeneralStrife

Not sure what's wrong, did you make sure it's 16 colors or less?

Killergamer

oh yea that spritesheet works in the game i had to go and redo the colors from scratch tho its just when i export the bmps from shishi the portraits are really messed up here ill show you