• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:00:16 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

GeneralStrife's Sprites

Started by GeneralStrife, June 08, 2010, 02:14:36 pm

GeneralStrife

July 07, 2011, 02:50:46 pm #40 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:51:17 pm by GeneralStrife
cleaned up the hairline, started the hair/clothes pallette, realized im doing more harm than good. ack. Don't even know how to fix the face...meh. Is my first time messing with portraits though.

Joseph Strife

i think the forehead is good now, but you can make her have eyebrows :shock: , and making the eyes more visible.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

GeneralStrife

mmm..I think I found my weakness. It's shading. I can't figured out how to shade the face, or brows....or clothing....:/

GeneralStrife

Not going to crush my will to sprite by attempting that hard as hell one above.

You may recognize this if you are a veteran, I intend to finish it. It's the blue mage masked by cheetah.
Portrait attempt Below

GeneralStrife

GeneralStrife

July 12, 2011, 10:35:35 pm #45 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:41:54 pm by GeneralStrife
why is it blurry?
No friggin clue why it's blurry

Zozma

July 12, 2011, 10:41:49 pm #46 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:42:50 pm by Zozma
ravens hair completely covers her ears, actually the hair on this blue mage, if lengthened in the back and changed to purple, would be a better fit for her... Miangs portrait could use an update for that matter... oh well
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

July 12, 2011, 10:43:49 pm #47 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:48:33 pm by GeneralStrife
Thanks zoz, I was getting a little demoralized cause it's not exactly an easy port, but your plan sounds better.
You are the Premier Pioneer of this section to be honest, It is great to see you here make no mistake.

Cheetah

Sorry General, that portrait isn't going to cut it. I actually change the design later and it is a blindfold now instead of a mask. I will try to post soon my latest attempts so that people can take a real stab at this. There are like to versions of this sprite already on the main page, I should get this original up there.

I am just really bad about leaving various sprites laying around near complete.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

Cheetah, It's okay we are all bad about it. But if you don't mind post what you have, I'm doing it for someone's patch.

Cheetah

Okay I will try to do it this weekend.
Current Projects:

Durbs

On the port, the mask looks to... straight. It's a line from point A to point B. You should curve it slightly so it looks more natural.
  • Modding version: PSX

dinosaur

Looks really nice! I like the hair and the blue with the black.

Yeah, I am with Durbs. I think the band needs some shading.

Not sure if anyone point this out but on the portrait her hair is split down the middle and her sprite, the hair is split on the left side.

Kagebunji

IMO if we have a Blue Mage, we need some whites on the sprite and feather. Those are features BM should have. I best some turban wth feather on would work. To make her seem like a girl, just give her long hair coming out of it. Currently it is just Balmafula, no matter how you look at it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

August 12, 2011, 02:58:47 am #54 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:07:39 am by GeneralStrife
Okay after searching in what i will now call the fifty years spriting war, I found the fran.
I want some professional opinion ( Kage, wolf, lijj, twin  :P ) could it be used as a basis for viera sprites? What are your concerns? God, it needs some major cleaning up if it is even salvageable.

And for whatever reason this equally messy Viera Red Mage doesn't have ears.

Twinees

August 12, 2011, 04:47:19 am #55 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:40:54 am by Twinees
Whoever made that tried to squeeze in too much detail into a small sprite.
I don't think this is salvagable without doing a lot of work unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend using this as a base... you will need to find a base with similar clothing to Fran's if you want to pull this off. I think you should just make a new one, and use that as a (some what bad) reference and the FFXII:RW sprite as a reference also. Hmm... if you do intend to make anothe Viera, i wouldnt recommend making Fran as her armor may be difficult to draw, perhaps Shara would be easier?

Unfortunately the Red Mage isnt any better :/
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

I second Twinees' opinion. Who even made these?
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Cheetah on August 12, 2011, 12:13:58 pm
I second Twinees' opinion. Who even made these?

Our japanese friends

GeneralStrife

August 19, 2011, 03:50:52 am #58 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:52:19 am by GeneralStrife
Infantryman cloud without his helmet on
Just something I thought of.

GeneralStrife

October 28, 2011, 11:41:31 pm #59 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:38:22 am by GeneralStrife
Yeah son, I never give up, I just give up for long periods of time.

Boy this looks bad, not as bad as the old one though.

The problem is the #$@#$ing colors I need aren't already in FFT. I stole these from miang/Skeleton. Dammit. Need color help!