• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:22:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Parted Ways Bug Log (POST ALL BUGS HERE!)

Started by Eternal248, August 12, 2011, 12:08:11 pm

Panda_Tar

:mrgreen:

But now that the problem might be solved, I'm so relieved that I'll actually read things properly. ^^ I'm also pretty much excited in replaying FFT with this patch. This is one of the games I most played in my life.
  • Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Eternal

Glad to hear it! Fair warning though, a lot of stuff is changed around from the original FFT. I appreciate all feedback, so let me know if there's stuff you really like/dislike. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Panda_Tar

Yes, I understand. I'm not really worried if I can find things I dislike because I tend to like games that are balanced and fun. I can find names I don't like, spell combination (set for a job) I might find odd, but I'll try looking for the "whys" you made them that way beforehand, which is much more constructive than just personal taste. I just say that what I most expect from the game is to keep the FEELING of playing a FF game, even if it's way different from the original one. :)

Oh, just use this post. At your Master Guide, you have DIVINITY. You have 2 "CURE II" there. Strange that I wasn't reading the whole thing, but I just saw that straight away, funny how that happens.

Eternal

Haha, that master guide is so out of date it's not even funny. Best bet is to refer to the in-game help text for explanations.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Panda_Tar

I had some issues, mainly regarding Thousand Blades skill. It was on a random fight at Mandalia. I'll explain later. Might get some sleep now.

Eternal

If it's Thousand Blades randomly attacking a unit outside the range, I know of it and it's been fixed. Good night. :P

Panda_Tar

Accordingly to the little I played yesterday, I got all of the following on a random battle on Mandalia, before moving to Sweegy Woods:

M A N D A L I A   P L A I N S
GRAPHICS

- In Mandalia, during the turn of almost any character of mine, when I openend the option for movement, the texture of some rocks kept 'trembling', a little. Dunno if that happens all the battles, but I only noticed on the random battle.

- Reflect didn't bounce protect cast on Ramza, only got reflected, but the spell didn't get anywhere. Is this how reflect works now?

- It was impossible using, actually, hitting a Freelancer after some rounds with Ramza. I'll add a screenshot later showing this. Even when I tried to attack from the back, side, front or whatever, the cursor attack showed as if I was trying to attack through something, like when we try to hit someone behind a wall with a crossbow. If I attacked, the attack would be blocked or evaded, but then it SHOULD show the damage input and chance to hit being a melee attack.

THOUSAND KNIVES

This was the most irregular thing that I noticed so far. There was a particular female freelancer that got the Oscar for messing up with that skill. I'm not 100% sure, but almost 90%, that this bug happened once in the storyline fight, mind you.

• It shows that the area to use this knife are 4 directions, up to 5 squares of range, in a cross-shaped area, is this it? Well, sometimes she would target an ally that was on the panel ajacent to that line, she did that many times during the random battle.

• When she did it the first time, it was the storyline battle, when we have a strandled panther, right? One freelancer attacked it and was in the front of it, that was standing on a rock on the far side of the map. She hit moved next, and targeted it outside the line. Even so, she SHOULD have hit the ally in front of panther in prior to the poor animal. It so happens that when the animal died in the third hit, the fourth hit landed on the allied freelancer. But both of them were not in the line supposed to be the AoE of that ability, but on a line parallel to it. Nothing alike happened until the end of the battle.

• But on the random battle, I started to notice because it was a bit too frequent. Something I wanted to ask is if you purposedly made this skill be able to self target the character? I'm asking this because that female freelancer, not happy with all the cheating he procured to far, performed this skill when she was standing on the middle of the map on my male freelancer, standing not only too far (corner of the screen), but on the diagonal position in relation to that wicked female freelancer. But to perform it, she targeted herself! And then I noticed that she would target herself whenever she cheated. I tried to do the same, to see if it simply chose the nearest enemy target if you tried to target yourself, but no, I always got hit by my throwing knives on...myself.

• It also shows the damage it can inflict even if the target is not suitable to take damage, i.e., behind any obstacle.

I actually lost this first random battle, but more because I forgot to buy potions for support. When 2 of my characters became crystals, I loaded the game. :D Some of the bugs mentioned on the first post happened, but very little. I got affected by Don't Act and I didn't see the ailment lable showing that, for example.

And...less important, of course, when reading the Cross Slash description by pressing select, a second page of explanation would prompt, but it was blank. :P

No bugs were noticed on Sweegy Woods battle. Beastmaster skills and inate worked perfectly, Lamias charmed Ramza. I just thought he was too heartless in his dialog regarding the animals (to kill them all!!) for his job. :)

How would I report bugs? Is this the way or should I write less? How to.

Eternal

Yep, this is a good format for reporting bugs. Thousand Blades has already been fixed for the next version. :)

Panda_Tar

Quote from: Panda_Tar on March 07, 2012, 08:11:18 am
- It was impossible using, actually, hitting a Freelancer after some rounds with Ramza. I'll add a screenshot later showing this. Even when I tried to attack from the back, side, front or whatever, the cursor attack showed as if I was trying to attack through something, like when we try to hit someone behind a wall with a crossbow. If I attacked, the attack would be blocked or evaded, but then it SHOULD show the damage input and chance to hit being a melee attack.

This is the sreenshot I spoke of. It started happening just after Ramza missed a 99% chance to reduce another target's CT to 0. I almost had a seizure. After that, he wouldn't be allow to lay melee damage on that freelancer.

Eternal

Were you possibly using an elemental weapon that the enemy was immune to?

Panda_Tar

Well, that I couldn't check, but I might test again and see it myself. There's just many equipments with many effects that I need to be more cautious (*setting support ability: Beta Attention*).

Continuing...either in DORTER and the DESERT storyline battles, the only strange things that happened were related to what is already descripted in the first post, glitches in events, Throwing Knife with wrong targeting, oh, remembered something on the menu, but I'll test with other characters first - it's about a cape that actually increased 1 in MA and some evasion. But whenever I equipped and unequipped something on that character, instead of showing +1 MA, it showed -1 and the number started adding, becoming -2, -3, -4...but, when equipped, the values were all right, so it's just a matter of labelling. I'll take a screenshot of it when I get home.

Started playing with a Shinobi (naruto-fan here), Brigand and Barbarian.

Something I liked in the storyline battles is the scalation of levels of our NPCs, so we don't have problems with them becoming too weak if we decide leveling up here and there.  :D Something I didn't fancy much, though, is that we control NPCs. Having them out of reach was, somewhat, fun - because they love to mess up with our expectations.

Eternal

March 08, 2012, 11:35:03 am #71 Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:37:14 pm by Eternal248
Hmm, what happened with Throwing Knife? Last I tested, it worked properly. Just treat it like a crossbow.

And yeah, thanks to the ALMA hack that was used to attach skills to items, some items may not display properly. Use the help text as a reference- that will be correct 99% of the time.

Honestly, the NPC level scaling thing was put in place for when I insert New Game+. That way it won't be a total pain to use them. They're still Guests in the sense that you can't control what they learn or what gear they wear, which is in itself a hindrance. :P

DELAYED EDIT: My Shinobi aren't based off of Naruto at all. >_>

Panda_Tar

Oh, by throwing knife I've meant that skill Thousands of Blades, I just forgot de name...Thousand Knives!

Yeah, but I only know some of those japanese terms through Naruto, such as Fuuton, Katon, Mokuton, for example. These are almost like trademarks. I liked those because they are very familiar to me. :)

Eternal

You're in luck then, since Shinobi are getting a buff come the next update, as are Barbarians. :P

Let me know you feel about Brigands and Barbarians. :D

EDIT: Mokuton and Katon are also the Japanese names for Wood and Fire Veil in FFTA, IIRC. They must be pretty generic names in Japan.

Panda_Tar

I played the Japanese FFTA (I'm not really familiar to the language, so most of things I had to guess, so I had a tough time with those Judges...).

Brigand so far is eye candy with all the steal abilities. I'll play tonight to have a better view on them. Barbarians seem fun. ^^

Panda_Tar

T H I E V E ' S  F O R T

Well, this one had not anything that I'd call bug. Only a strange behaviour from one of the Magus. She's the one that's on the top of the rocks, on the right hand side of the default position. She went as far as possible from my party, disregarding any action she could have done to attack me, whilst all the other enemies interacted in the battle normaly.

Miluda, I suggest that you keep her original pixels (if possible), given that now every knight has a helm-like sprite. She could keep her old visuals to give her a unique feel, also to match her portrait.

GENERAL OBSERVATION

• Either in random battles or in storyline battles, whenever I pick a crystal of a fallen enemy, regardless the ability I choose, my hero ends up lerning all abilities (dunno if all of them from all jobs, but all that are from the same job list - but by ALL, I mean all that the crystal offers as options for learning). For example, I picked up a crystal that could teach me Steal Armor, Steal Weapon, Steal Accessory. My hero had not any of these. I picked up Armor, and then, after battle, I went to learn other things and all three skills were learned.

• The description of Piety says that it reacts whenever one is magically damaged. But it is activating whenever you cast anything on that unit. It reacted when I cast shell or when I cast protect, so this might be an unbalancing feature.

• SUGGESTION: Brigand is showing to be too strong due the easy means to acquire stealing skills, plus the put to sleep ability. I mean this because you made the game so far where units are dependable on equipment to have numbers in HP and MP, which can balance the game itself, but if you steal a Helm or an Armor, the victim is likely to become too vulnerable. I would boost the cost to learn Steal Armor, Steal Helm, Steal Weapon. The other two I don't see much problem of being cheaper, given that they are most likely what boosts one evasion and protection, so it's a way to balance itself having easier means to counter attack (by stealing).

That's that for now.

Eternal

You could always learn every ability from a crystal. The pointer is just there so you can examine each skill. That's why taking Crystals is amazing. :D

As for Brigands, they're losing Blowdart and gaining Vanish in the next update. I specifically designed Brigands to be used offensively, since there aren't Break abilities anymore except for stat breaks and Meliadoul's breaking swordskills. They're there to cripple the enemy and line your wallet with the sold goods you steal. Makes stealing a bit more worth it, wouldn't you say? ;)

Panda_Tar

I see. Really couldn't recall that crystals meant all stuff at once. Better then. haha

Yes, in a long term thought, stealing equipment is a good way to earh some gil, given that we get none in random battles afais. Vanish, I gather, will add transparent and it's self casting? The other units are doing good so far. I see many interesting supportive and reaction abilities, so there are some awesome combinations.

Eternal

Admittedly, it works two ways. Goblins can also do the same to you- and are annoyingly good at it. Safeguard is worth buying early just to save you trouble in random battles.

Panda_Tar

A question: the Fury and Will (B/F) modifiers still boost themselves proportionally like in the original, when casting spells and the such? I think the proportion was + 5 boost in battle -> +1 permanent.