• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:07 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Parted Ways Bug Log (POST ALL BUGS HERE!)

Started by Eternal248, August 12, 2011, 12:08:11 pm

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Panda_Tar

Ano-san, two things during the battles that I found strange. Battles until Bariaus Hill.

After casting Ultima (Ovelia), a message "emergency treatment" appears on the top of the screen. Is it intended?

When casting Suiton, most of the time, when there are multiple targets, the animation only happens once, but all targets in that area lose HP.
  • Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Eternal

Ovelia shouldn't have Ultima to begin with. That's already been fixed for the next update, as has Suiton.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Panda_Tar

March 12, 2012, 12:52:02 pm #83 Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:19:44 pm by Panda_Tar
Hey there, so far the game is showing interesting development, specially when it comes to which job we want to develop. I've decided my Ramza shall be an Assassin (perfect matching with 'Heretic' name, to make him go to Hell :D). And I just got a Kupo Magicite. YAY!

There's an ability I was going to ask if it was intended to work that way. Brigand's Extort. Right now, it's range is based on our weapon's range. When we use it, we see an animation of a mediation sort of technique. I find this odd. I expected that this ability should have the same range as Yell, Tactics, etc. Mustadio also joins our team with abilities he has not learned from jobs he's not compatible yet, so I don't know, haven't testes but I will tonight, what happens if I try and change those abilities or simply remove them. They might vanish.

G O U G
Nothing wrong here either, only there's one of the female fighters (which is on the lower grounds), who I don't remember what she is actually, perhaps brigand, that her graphics are completely messed up. She displayed like 3 vertical bars of coloured glitch. Even her portrait was messed up. I took a screenshot, but I ended up turning off the computer before saving it, my bad. lol

P.S.:
Ah, Mustadio looks very nice with his new skills - even more useful that he ever was. Regarding the Beastmaster from the beginning of the game, I'm rarely using him. Perhaps because I also seldom use monsters, so I don't even know how to test his abilities yet. He learns from monsters? I don't understand how he does it.

Eternal

Gerard the Beastmaster is a Beastmaster/Blue Mage hybrid. He learns certain monster skills by being hit with them. Extort was originally named Gunpoint and was originally intended only to work with Guns. This has been fixed, as has the issue at Goug.

Sadly, Ramza's a male, so he can only be a Templar, not an Assassin. :(

Panda_Tar

Ah, ok, so the Beastmaster might come in randy in future then. ^^ While everyone is at level 28, he's 5. lol

I didn't check that, the male and female thing...so, I suppose I'll get Ramza do something like being a Templar then. And my ex-shinobi lady then will become an assassin. :twisted:

Ah, but Ramza can be a Harbinger, can he not?

Eternal

Panda_Tar

EXECUTION SITE

Only this bloke looks like there's some spamming of his abilities. lol

Battles of Lionel Castle were ok (transparent helped a lot all the way). After that, we have a small narration where you seem still haven't changed the texts, regarding also what Delita says in front of Goltana, killing the Minister. Old texts still.

Battle at the Coal city also went smoothly. No problems there as well.

Now I'm holding one Assassin, one Performer (2 performers made things somewhat too easy), one Necromancer, one Devout and Viking Ramza, who I'm still going to turn into a Harbinger. I want to know if I can equip 2 weapons with my assassin? I couldn't equip any doubled weapons, not even knives. Do we first have to learn the support ability?

Eternal

Yeah, you have to learn the ability first. Hope you're having fun!

Panda_Tar

Aye, it's being fun playing it with so many changes. Due the new texts, it also sounds a bit richer, you see. :) Meanwhile I'm trying snatching up the goodies whenever possible, like the first harp, Excalipur (found accidentaly, actually), Princess Purse, Blood Sword and now Orran's Tome. Might not have found everything, I suppose.

Panda_Tar

Other battles went ok, as well. Lesalia and Orbone Monastery events went ok, only the known issues such as some glitches and small text misspelling. First battle against Malak went nicely too and I was very surprised by the ability of Rafa to transform one in frog, and her perfume is now mine. MWAHAHA!

Regarding skill sets, I started to notice some redundanct skills here and there, not that it's not prohibitive, but perhaps you can come up with a different and creative solution? I mean skills that mainly cause status ailment, like charm, stop, petrify, disable. Talking specially about those that cause ONLY the ailment. On the other hand, support, movement and reaction abilities explore such interesting scope of effects and combinations, making gaming experience very good.

Still talking about skills, I think it's on the first topic "-Certain skills will not proc debuffs (will be fixed in .37)", so I don't know if this is related to that phrase. ALLURE doesn't show %, although it certainly works. While POACHING, my character was able to poach a low HP monster even when the attack struck MP instead of HP, so I know not if that's intended.

Regarding now the beastmaster, started playing with him on battles with monsters and started learning some skills already. He learns 1 skill from each monster family or from each monster individually? And which accessories can a Harbinger equip?

Eternal

The Beastmaster can learn one skill from each type of family. One from Chocobos, one from Panthers, etc. Harbingers can't equip any accessories at all- that's one of the sacrifices they make for being such a powerful class.

Panda_Tar

I played a bit more this morning. Having now entered the side-quests of Beowulf. Things seem a bit out of place just yet.

When you allow him to go with you, he appears on our FORMATION list, as if he was a guest or member. You can do whatever you want with him, his abilities, items, etc. But when you engage the battle at Coal City, he appears with completely different items and abilities, not completely different (haha), I mean that they are randomly chosen for those battles within his current jobs, like the usual guests. When the battle is finished, there it is Beowulf with the old items you chose to him, not any improvement from the battles, as if they were different Beowulves.

The first battle is engaged against Archers, and not Snipers. Just the name is different, dunno why.

After you rescue Reis, which has an astronomic MA, she just keeps that MA when she joins our party...then...battles become pretty much easy later on. Worker 8 also seem too much good with all those support abilities in addition to his usual strength. I feel it's a bit umbalanced.

I'll attach a screenshot showing some problems with Reis after joining our team. Her portrait appears as if Chapter 1 Ramza. When you pick her while selecting the group for a fight, the dragon doesn't appear, only the first Ramza. Ramza vanishes when battle commences so the dragon appears. It's a problem only happening with menus, I think.

Comments on Beowulf
I particularly didn't like him much as the way he is right now. Having the Ruin abilities seem ok, but Dark Sword seem misplaced somehow. I can't really define, but the character now seem too vain, not unique. I didn't fancy much his Oracle Blade as in the original game, but having him with shock and a strong mean to hold swords while enchanting everyone with annoying ailments made him somehow imba.

Panda_Tar

Here's Reis's glitch.

Eternal

Beowulf was a bit thrown together, yeah. By the time I got to him, I ran out of room for skills. :P

The battles in Colliery are all against enemies that are somewhat hardcoded in vanilla FFT- thus the Archers, Dragoons, and Calculators. They're meant to be nice little throwbacks to the original game. ^_^

Worker 8 is based directly on Robo from Chrono Trigger, thus the skillset. What about him feels unbalanced? His sheer strength? The issue with Reis is due to a formation screen error. It probably won't be fixed any time soon, but I do know about it. I'm anxious to see how well Omega treats you. In .361, Omega appears as a random female unit, but in the version I'm working on now, he has a proper Iron Giant sprite.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Panda_Tar

When I got eyes on archers, dragoons and calculators, I wasn't sure if they were meant to be like that or not. Anyway... ^^

Regarding W-8, I think he's become an overall unit with many uses. In the original, his 'charm' was the fact that his abilities drew his energy and you couldn't cast healing spells on him, so he was a double edge agent. Now I think he's just too strong, having all offensive capabilities plus having healing methods to help allies, and even a pushing ability. Not to mention his freakish HP, 750 at level 42, more or less. ^^ But Reis bracelet power is scarier still.

As for Beowulf, having the Ruin abilities, + shock, + infusion, + something Ramza knows perhaps? Actually, he's not a very important character to spend too much time thinking on him. hahah

Well, I'll play Omega another day. Must rest my mind now. Headaches when i couldn't sleep. Cheers.

Panda_Tar

Everything went ok on the battles that followed until Zeltennia. A note here, though:

The fight against Zalmo, it has become a rather boring fight, ihmo. Why? Because all enemies can heal each other, everything heal, and they keep healing, healing, healing. So, there's this situation when they don't attack us because they are buffing themselves...and then, if you use things like dispel or else, that's it. Besides, Delita was completely useless, because his main attack healed the foes, his lack of movement points made him stuck behind everyone (*healing, healing, healing*), and even the fight not being hard, it took too long to finish. Zalmo could have 'Holy' to be a threat or come berserked, because when I cast berserk on him, he was many times harder to deal with, which was fun. :) He was just too busy casting Haste, Regen, and then I debuffed them, and so it went.

The fight against the machinist was ok...then I could break the south entrance for Bethla and the battle to destroy the sluice I actually failed, because I picked up the wrong party and sent my performer into 5 enemies trying to charm them all. lol The problem was she charm only 2, and the wrong ones. I stopped right there when she turned into crystal, so I'll battle that part again.

P.S.: it was the first time that I thought Raise could have a higher VERTICAL reach, because the character was stuck in the middle of those steps, and Raise didn't reach that place.

Eternal

Did you try using things like Silence in that fight to stop the enemies from using healing magic? They may cure it after a certain time, but it'll buy you some time to kill them off. As for the Bethla Sluice, it's a really fun fight. Let the two armies weaken one another if you can. :P

Panda_Tar

I wasn't really bothered by the healing action. What I saw is that they are just too busy trying to heal and they don't attack, so it was just a matter of time, until they MP was gone, you see, then they would die. Anyway, Bethla has also been dealt with. I was in a kinda hurry, then I picked dragon Reis who simply killed half enemies on her own, while the other side was being treated by my other characters.

I ended up fighting more battles and lost against Mind Flares. lol I didn't actually pay attention on the fight until I realized my only character without berserk was Mustadio and he couldn't heal anyone, so my Psion became crystal and I gave up. *sigh* The problem was that my last save was before rescuing Orlandu...

MountainDew~

I started playing again  :P
Started over, though.

Gerard's job description in the Job wheel is wrong. It's still on Holy Knight or whatever he replaced, and it says innate:Defend. Doesn't matter much, since it's fine on the ability list
Sortilege is supposed to be Females/Freelancers Only, but I can equip it on a male Brigand.
Quote from: Eternal248Extort was originally named Gunpoint and was originally intended only to work with Guns. This has been fixed Fixed as in next patch?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363