• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Sprite] Balk, The Machinist

Started by R999, July 14, 2010, 12:14:15 am

R999

Sorry folks, hair and face only this time. Will get to the rest later. If you tell me this is Delita's hair/face, I'll send a Meteor to your house.

Features of Balk:

1) Skinny (unlike Square's rushed sprite)
2) Middle Aged, 37?
3) Non-Dark skin.
4) Dark brown hair (not orange as shown in Square's rushed sprite)
5) Non balding hair (unlike Square's rushed sprite)
6) Short eyebrows, slightly smaller eyes.
7) Has long hair (mid length).

.......................................................................................

R14b

^Small edit on face.  [s:6m6e0enq]Now 3 unused colors.[/s:6m6e0enq] The whites now have one more subtle tone for better shading. There is only 1 unused color left.

Olan's Illustration:

Balk R12, R13

^ 2 unused colors.  R12 is likely Final.

Balk R9, R10

Balk R8

^ Thanks for Lijj's note, I did mess up the top of his head.

Balk R7

^ Who's the Delita *clone" now? Balk or Cletian or what have you.

Balk R6

^ It is funny how I have to find a reference for something that I want to avoid, is this the new thing now? Btw, I started off using Olan as hair base, nothing else.

Balk R5

^ Indeed Balk and Delita has a similar hairstyle, as illustrated in Balk's Portrait.

Balk R4

Old Stuff

Balk R3

Balk R2

Balk R1

Remember this is [s:6m6e0enq]shitty[/s:6m6e0enq] rushed job sprite we are trying to replace,

Lijj

Haha The portrait's a quick touch up copy and paste...We know all about that.  Interesting defense' and finds R999... but what's the matter with the top of original Balks head?
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

Fixed. See R8. Thanks Lijj.

Oh yeah, the original Balk.  It is just a mess ... the red box shows lazy work (exact same 4 rows of pixels). The blue circle shows you that the face is a giant mess. And he looks like he's balding.

Updated with fully body, R9-R13 (main post).

Archael

R999

R14 last update. This will be final (possible to switch to Brown Gloves alternative).

R999

Winshmo did a concept art design for Balk, and it looks great.

Will play with the sprite more to see if it works better with this design. At a glance though, he's bottom half looks like Balthier.