• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Changing frog attack to frog spell

Started by DuxorW, November 14, 2012, 10:54:09 am

DuxorW

I want to change the frog status such that someone afflicted with frog gains the ability to cast the frog spell. I tried to do this by changing frog attack in fftpatcher, but none of the changes I make have an effect. Is there a trivial way to do this? Thanks.

Eternal

It's probably hardcoded, but can you take a screenshot of your current settings for it in the Patcher?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DuxorW

November 14, 2012, 09:50:20 pm #2 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:23:21 pm by DuxorW
Here's a pic. I got the idea from this thread, where someone reported that frogs were using tentacle because the space above potion had been changed to tentacle. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8384.0

Eternal

Hmm, your image link seems to be broken.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

DuxorW

Sorry bout that. It's working now but in case something odd happens here's a bmp.

DuxorW

Strangely, when I turned a panther into a frog, it was able to cast the frog spell on itself. It just doesn't work if one of my units is frogged.

Eternal

That's... really odd. Never heard of that happening before. So, to be clear, it works for the AI, but not you?

DuxorW

Correct. When the ai is frogged, it can cast frog on itself or my party. I tried it on an enemy knight to make sure it wasn't just working on monsters, and the enemy knight was able to unfrog himself. However, when I am frogged, my attack remains a normal frog attack (and all my other abilities are grayed out as usual).