• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 02:02:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Modifying abilities and skillsets

Started by Kib, November 02, 2015, 12:20:25 pm

Kib

I'm sure this has been answered and I think I've saw this answered once before but I cannot find the answer now. I checked the wiki, but I might have overlooked or misread the information there. But I digress and let's get on with the questions.

1. Can the geomancy skills(hell ivy, torrent) be edited and placed in a non hard coded skillsets (i.e. Mettle)

2. Will jump skills function when placed outside of the jump skillset?

3. Are the talk skill affects hard coded to the skill slot ( I.e. Threaten will always effect brave level)
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

1. Pretty sure yes
2. No
3. Yes, but I have made a spreadsheet that will make it far easier editing everything hard-coded to skill slots. I'll release it after JotF's re-release. (I need to test it on my own since I can't rely on anyone here to do that and report bugs)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kib

Thanks Xifanie, I thought these were the answers I would get but, I was hoping jump had a work around  :cry:

I would love to help test, especially since it will help with my own patch, but between caring for my elderly grandmother, trying the be a college student after 8years out of school, and my wife already wanting to kill me for making my patch I doubt I could help much :D but I will say as I learn more about modding our beloved game, I will be glad to get more involved in testing and helping with other patches. Jot5 already has one of the big things I want to learn for my patch(monster hunts). But enough prattling, the point is, Though I don't have a lot of time, I want to learn, I want to help, and I'be been visiting this site for probably 10 years, and I doubt I'll be going anywhere anytime soon.