• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:14:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy VII Chocobo Woes

Started by samuchan, November 06, 2010, 01:45:16 am

samuchan

For the past couple of weeks I've been obliterating Final Fantasy VII (Getting at least 1 of each item, 8 copies of most armors and accessories, got all limits, bred a gold Chocobo, maxed all stats, etc).

The only items I haven't done are any of the materia from the Chocobo races.  I needs my Sneak Attack and Enemy Away (you can get Magic Counter at the Crater, look it up).  I needs my materia collection complete.   NEEDS.

Any tips for this?   Do I have to keep on racing/breeding to get these items by chance when I win a race?

Willing to accept gameshark codes that locks which prize I get after a race.

Jon

Game shark is cheating and therefore you will lose the "completeness" feeling because you know you're a cheater. Just keep racing and racing, its fun after all, breed new chocobos if you get bored and keep racing. Enemy Away I always seem to get...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

VampragonLord

hold r1 + r2 (i think those are the buttons)  during the entire race to get stamina back. just get an S rank golden chocobo, not too hard
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Jon

Well, either way just keep racing. One thing that I don't like is that you actually have to wait for at least one other chocobo racer to cross the finish line. I mean everyone knows, its just not my chocobos, once you get Black and Gold, you can finish the race literally while the others are still going up the spiral thing. Or if you play the long course (which is stupid because you waste time) you can finish the entire track while the others are either going through the waterfall or even earlier, like they are still at the "farm land" setting.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

samuchan

Got both.  I just raced til the prize was the materia I wanted *AND* Joe was in the race.  This pretty much guarantees the race prize to be 1-2, and with Joe, 1-2 is usually the third prize (ie the materia I was aiming for).