• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 06:42:00 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Check Project Ideas

Started by Mando, January 25, 2011, 07:13:03 am

dinosaur

I think I looked at the description or see who can equip the (second) spear and this is what happened...

dinosaur

Quote from: Scearcely on February 02, 2011, 03:21:23 pm
considering their power, no.

gonna have to ask for specifics since I don't have everything unlocked yet, but from what I do have, only 1 or 2 jobs could make any argument for a reduction.

I agree with the White mage.
One example is the ranger. 600jp to add dome with range of two... that is too much.

Mando

No those palettes are correct i chose the wierd pallete.

I was going to ask about the babus and rafa thing, did they not show correctly?

I'll decrease spiritualist's magic cost.

Yes the kilij there are 3 bugged ones currently. I was actually wondering if they are equipable though because i had used 3 items for them. If they do not work correctly I will be replacing the first healing kilij with ridill.

and I'll probably have to sacrafice 2-3 other weapons for the last few mystic weapons unless It would be easier for me to leave out the first level of mystic weapons and just have the 2nd level available since they can use normal sword anyways.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Mando

LOL that was what lucifer said like a few posts earlier. I messed something up. Don't you read dino D:? I'll fix these a bit later lol, i'll lower jp costs on things just give me some names of things you guys would like to see jp go down on and i'll do it.

Scearcely

I personally think heartshot(ranger death sentence) is fine for 2 reasons:
1) death sentence is a brutally powerful ability that the AI is VERY poor at handling
2) it allows a ranger using a longbow to target/base damage nearby enemies.  yes arrow rain and scatter shot can do that as well, but both have a significant damage reduction AND both are aoe(possiblity of hitting allies)  arrow rain also puts you in charge status(2x dmg/0% evade) until your next turn

wasn't gonna go into JP changes for a while, since that was gonna be part of my overall ability review that was gonna wait until I unlocked every job.  But I'll put up some of the more egregious price problems I've encountered.

next post, its gonna be a long one.

Scearcely

JP suggestions
increases in italics

Mercenary
  • Accumulate to 500

Chemist
  • hi-potion to 150:  available in chapter 1

• remedy to 400:  you removed a lot of status curers for the new debuff items, remedys are more vital

Knight
  • magic break to 100:  It's just a crappy ability

Ranger
  • Arrow guard to 300:  even with the knight/thief xbow users, too often it's the same as no reaction at all

• Jump+1 to 100:  outside of move-find situations, jump+ just isn't that good

Monk
  • Trance# to 100:  berserk is a HORRIBLE status, it's reward(damage+) is completely outweighed by its downsides(control loss/reaction loss)

White Mage
  • Raise 2 to 350

• Barrier to 200:  Only source of pro/shell until Blessed knight

• Esuna to 200:   Same as remedy, status curing is a great deal harder than it should be

• Regen all to 400:   This has actually been amazingly useful to me

• Regenerator to 200

Red Mage
  • Haste to 350:   It's haste...

Thief
  • Steal sheild to 300

• Every other steal -130:  Steals are horrifically overpriced, steal sheild doesn't get the same reduction due to dual-wield(making it sometimes a steal weapon)

• Gilgame heart to 50:  lol money

Spiritualist*
  • Life drain to 250:

• Pray/Doubt faith to 250

• Zombie to 400

• Blind Rage to 200

• Confusion song to 100

• Dispel magic to 350:  other than fixing reflect(which isn't actually castable by humans) alchemist can deal with all those statuses

• Paralyze to 250:   It's actually one of spiritualist's best abilities

• Petrify to 700:   it's death, that works on undead, for 16 mp

Ninja+
  • Excluding Suiton all ninja spells to 250

• Suiton to 350:   Frog is permanent, all else being equal it's the best status ninja can cause

• Move in water to 50:  Such a waste of JP

Summoner
  • Cyclops to 300:  should be closer to its tier mates

• Mp restore to 200:  does very little to actually help you survive the round

Dark knight
  • Move on lava to 000:  only one map in game w/ lava

• Jump+2 to 300:  see jump+1

Ramza
  • Accumulate to 500:  to match mercenary

Mustaido
  • Bio Blaster to 500

# Trance needs to be changed entirely,  There are basically 0 times I'd ever want to berserk myself

* Spiritualist needs a full re-work more than just JP alterations.  go here and look what he did to his oracle.  It's a little overpowered early game, but by lategame balances out nicely(also enemy oracles terrify you, and that's always fun)

+ I've only unlocked 2 ninja spells, I'm assuming they all have the same damage formula.  If not, +50 points per damage tier
+ Metsu doesn't stack with dual-weild making it a regular attack for ninja main, still it has a great deal of value for some class just using ninja's skill set(like a merc) or for a ninja w/ equip xxxx.  not sure what to do here.

Agrias and Black mage are good as is, Dragoon RSM are good, and you mentioned plans to play with its skill set so I'll hold off til then
haven't unlocked blessed
had mystic unlocked but lost it when I backtracked to fix the mustaido bug so can't check costs currently

Few chapter 2 notes(not finished yet but since I'm posting....)

zirekile falls story battle was cake, I noticed you eliminated 1~2 of the enemies that were in the vanilla version, they could stand to be put back

shiva summon displays a blank box on cast

mystic's first sword is a heal on contact weapon, that's not a problem.  But since chapter 2 locks you out of the north section of the map for 1/3 of the chapter, and warjiis/goug don't carry regular swords....  If you don't already have a spare sword for it the class loses alot of its usefulness.  Ideally switch mystic's first and second swords shop availability

Mando

Thanks. I am not feeling good today so I probably won't release a patch until tomorrow.

I almost feel somewhat depressed. Women trouble I suppose. So give me a day or so. I do appreciate the input though :)

Also I think I'll leave dragoon alone after all, unless you guys have some ideas? Which I would be glad to hear.

Also I can make metsu  = 3 hits it was 2 hits before because of no innate dual wield but since I gave it back to them... or I can increase its range by 1 for those situations where you just can't quite reach the enemy.

Also hmm trance... maybe make it like scream?

Lucifer_zero

February 03, 2011, 06:55:30 am #68 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:34:51 pm by Lucifer_zero
Only to leave a note, i intend to keep playing the actual version until i finish, rigth now i´m on Bethla Garrison, i´ll go until unlock Cloud and fight Elidibis, for testing purpose, se another weapons and classes...

By the way

Gilgamesh and the magus sisters don´t have a proper class name, and the sisters should have ??? stats, as they are now, i hadn´t any real trouble against they

Cerberus have bug with it description

I´ve saw three guns until now, and all they had WP on description different on what really are, and one more note, Quick Draw to powerfull on my opinion, when i got one for myself, the damage was higher than any other thing that i could do, except by my Mage with Faith + MattackpUP + Thunder Rod + Bolt2 + MAsave,

also, protect staff need nerf, rigth now it gives Faith, initial Protect+Shell, +1MOVE and +1MA ( i do remember that all staffs give +1MOVE ), this is to much, for me it could lose 2 of these three: Faith, initial Protect+Shell, +1MA.

For least... why don´t give Viggs a fixed Brave / Faith ?

Edit.
Link sprite is really nice, but when i got him his sprite changed to Galgarion, also his base job changed to Dark Mercenary, and when i change him into any class he loses the FREE skillset.

Edit2.
The Fallen that come with the assassins at Limberry does not have anything equiped, i liked elmors equips now... this give me so less pain in his battle

Rune Blade sprite is buggy, when in battle there is no icon

Light Robe hav the same properties as Vanilla´s cursed ring... +1PA +1MA +1SPD +UNDEAD

Edit 3

Sprite problem at Adramelk, well... on true it only occurred when Dycerarg tranforms into Adramelk

Edit 4

Titan really need to lose the Regen Innate, otherwise this battle is freaking boring ( at least on lvl25~30 ), he can recover more than i can damage each turn, and you can´t poison or Demi it...

Reis don´t join, contrary you said.

By the way, where i can find Beatrix and Babus ? The only time i saw Babus was against Velius, and Beatrix i never saw her...

Edit5.

looking on FFTPatcher i saw that Babus was suposed to join after Velius, but for some strange reason, for me it don´t happen

Edit6.

Playing DD, the Wyrn Master have buggy command on battle, and Golden Hairpin don´t prevent silence.

More buggy description
- Colossal Lance and Codex Giga
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Lucifer_zero

On this post i´ll only say what are my thoughts of the new classes

Blessed Knight
HPC 9, HPM 131, MPC 11, MPM 120, SPC 93,  SPM 100, PAC 50, PAM 115, MAC 38, MAM 125

Innate Weapon Guard would be nice, if wasn´t for the problem that it always superpose whatever you put as reaction, i really would love to have my blessed using Damage Split.

About Blessed skills:

• Invincible - a self Protect + shell skill, have very small chance of miss, i think this one could be 100% hit

• Spirit Protection - Defense + Regen, with AOE, this one is really nice, when you buy it, it show 00 speed ( CT 4 ) but it´s really CT 4

• Enhance - Shell + Faith... never used this one, but Faith may be good for spaming stats

• Stigma Magic - it was good on Monk, it still good on Blessed, but could have more vertical range

• Revive - Great skill to have, but it could use +1 vertical tolerance

• Stasis Sword - Damage is only little better than normal attack, i think 20 MP cost for this one is bit to much, maybe 15 should be more fair, remember that Statsis sword no more target on diagonal, only linear ( and it don´t follow target, only panel )

• Rapture - Only 2*PA of more damage than Statsis, only close range, CT 6 and 30 MP... and holy damage, this one is really bad as skill... and more, it don´t follow target, this skills need to be really reworked, maybe givin it more range ( like 5 or 6 ) with less CT too and this will be good... or instead make it give great damage

After seen their skill, blessed are more Tankers than attacking units, reinforced by their growth and multipliers and the fact that have more MA than PA ( and this class attack skills are PA-based )

IMHO this class should have MOVE-HPUP instead of monk

Dark Knight
HPC 11, HPM 115, MPC 10, MPM 100, SPC 100,  SPM 100, PAC 32, PAM 138, MAC 35, MAM 130

The best PA and MA growth that you can get on generic, but... it only this...

JUMP+2 can help a lot on some maps, but only on another job... one that have 4 of move.

About Dark skills:

• Demi - Great one to have, the Lucavi killer, and helper on thoso huge HP foes

• Poison - good on beginning, but sooner or later i don´t use magic to gave poison ( as we have apply poison )

• Dark Intimidation - minus 20 brave instant and great cahnces of hitting, good when i need to wait for crystal farming, and one note, this one don´t work on monsters, really sad part

• Dark Sword - having cost make me hate this one, when i need more is when enemies empty my MP, 10 but i think that makes this one more balanced

• Night Sword - 15 MP for same damage as attack, but at 2 range, for me, it´s fine too

• Dark Wave - Its amost as Draw Out with MP cost AND CT... in the end do more damage tham most ( if not all ) Draw Out, with no sword cost, but the CT make its hard to use... usually i prefer Nigth Sword than this one, maybe it could have more range AND damage allies ( and caster takes equal 1/5 of damage )

• Soul Eater - Damage is good on early game, it serve as nuke, but only early, as you get stonger weapon the gap between the damage of this skills with normal attack get lower and lower... instead of using Y=20, i think that Y = 25 could do better results

This unit get very strong with those growth, i recommend nerfing they a little, one Dark Knight with ninjitsu is something really powerfull

One note, i think the Dark Kinight shouldn´t be able to equip Hats, only Helmets, same with robes... only Armor or Clothing, by equiping Hat´s and Robes they could get more powerfull than necessary

Mystic Knight
HPC 10, HPM 117, MPC 10, MPM 120, SPC 100,  SPM 100, PAC 40, PAM 110, MAC 35, MAM 140

Counter Flood now is an odd reaction, as all elementals now turned into Ninjitsus, Mytic Knight deserve something better, on true i need to say that IMHO Mystic need a total rework.

About Mystic skills:

• Fire/Ice/Bolt Slash (Tier 1 Slash) - damage is usually to low~med, the MP cost don´t help, and CT... to big for this little damage, maybe put then instant and not evadeable

• Wind/Water/Fire/Ice/Bolt Slash (Tier 2 Slash) - 6 more MP, 2 more CT, 1 less range and at most 4*MA more Damage, usually worse than the Tier 1 Slash, i think that they could at least be AOE1 that don´t hit allies

• Earth Slash - this one is the Monk skill...

• Healing Slash - Low range + can´t target self make this one not be a good way to heal

• Omega Slash - Compared to tier 1 slash, is 18 more MP, 4 more CT, 1 less range, and 10*MA more damage for an ultimate this is really weak, take to long to charge and damage does not pay for this charge, and worse... HOLY and DARK element, i can´t use this very well

I liked the idea of Mystic Knight, but his skills are not so good, and one more negative: they don´t equip shields...

Illusionist
HPC 14, HPM 90, MPC 7, MPM 130, SPC 100,  SPM 100, PAC 45, PAM 110, MAC 38, MAM 125

Teleport is a great skill to have, i think that it should be Innate and ONLY innate, and Ilusionist goes well with teleport.

About Illusionist skills:

• Haste2 / Slow2 - I don´t see much of sense on they having these, Slow2 is more for DD battles, for me at least Red Magic Slow does all i need out of DD, now... Haste2, this to much powerfull for players to have, Haste alone is good in my opinion

• ELEMENTAL MAGIC - the problem on those skills was not the CT, but the damage, right now, with CT 8 and damage equal 16*MA, even if you hit only once it does significant damage, so i think it´s better being CT 4 with 8*MA damage

• Stardust - This one is to much powerfull, even with CT 7, Zalera forced me sandbag almost all battle because of this skill ! ( and i was using 4 char with MDEFUP + Shell Shield, and the one who hadn´t this set had Chantage ), my suggestion is CT 6 and 15*MA damage

Face Up is something unnecessary maybe they could have distribute instead of Blessed Knight, and one skill that cure everyone on map (only allies, of course) and instead of Haste2 and Slow2 make Holy and Dark that hit all, like that you have all elements...

Ninja
HPC 10, HPM 80, MPC 13, MPM 50, SPC 80,  SPM 120, PAC 40, PAM 112, MAC 40, MAM 90

On truth there isn´t so much to say about this class, as Scearcely mentioned, they need a little reduction on JP cost, but not as was said, and one least thing, skills CT are somehow... not so good, my opinion on skills by the status:
- Darkness, Don´t Move, Confusion, slow should be the most fast (CT 3 )
- Dont act, Sleep, Silence, Doomed, the mid speed ( CT 4 )
- Frog the slowest for obvius reasons (CT 5 )

- Metsu instead of hiting 3 time could be 2 time hit with small chance of giving random status, and with CT 5

For least about on my opinion on ninjas, this class is the BEST generic growth, and this IS WRONG, instead of makint this have 40 on PAC and MAC, make the multipliers highers and PAC & MAC 50.

Now about Scearcely suggestions, i´ll only talk the ones i really didn´t liked ( the other or i agree or don´t have so much to say )

Knight
  • magic break to 100:  It's just a crappy ability

Use it wisely and you don´t need silence, don´t think it´s really crappy

QuoteNinja+
  • Excluding Suiton all ninja spells to 250

• Suiton to 350:   Frog is permanent, all else being equal it's the best status ninja can cause

• Move in water to 50:  Such a waste of JP

250 is too low for these skills, i think that 350 may be apropriate for the most, Suiton should be 500

QuoteThief
  • Steal sheild to 300

• Every other steal -130:  Steals are horrifically overpriced, steal sheild doesn't get the same reduction due to dual-wield(making it sometimes a steal weapon)

• Gilgame heart to 50:  lol money

Steal is the most prized way of breaking someone and making gil if you don´t do random battle or proposition. And Thief already have innate concentrate + MOVE 4 + JUMP 4 + great Speed, they are already great at front line, making they have all steals easily would make they even better, not only they would poison, also they can "break" equipments

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Mando

Thanks lucifer, I might start working on fixing some things tonight. I am a bit tired/worn out.

Scearcely, I modified my first post. It has attached essentially 457 bundled (tact text + patcher) all that stuff. HOWEVER inside it is an .rar of resources and my most up to date text and patcher files. The reason i bundled it all together is because the resource archive has .xml text changes. So when you look at the patcher and text files they use names that almost match all my skill names. :)

Making it easier to change and look at things.

Scearcely

just started chapter 3, what class teaches secret hunt?

archers have it innate but don't see it on any of the classes I've unlocked to be learned
that leaves blessed/mystic as the only 2 but fftpatcher doesn't have them with it.

should be on thief(they have nothing in the 'S' slot)

Mando

none the classes know secret hunt except archers (i can make it learnable if you guys want later though)

Lucifer_zero

About Beatrix, just found her, but she didn´t join, and as with Link, she have her skillset but when you see the job list, it´s show Meliadoul skillset.

HauteClaire, Illumina and Balmung only show as items, and buggy description.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Mando

February 05, 2011, 12:20:53 pm #74 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:39:17 pm by Mando
Ya those weapons aren't correct. Link didn't join though? thats very odd?
Did the werewolf monster act correctly or was it buggy?

Link should have joined. Beatrix only joins in the Deep dungeon. So maybe for some reason its calling forth the beatrix sprite during the storyline and not melidaoul's.

Did Babus join? If so I wonder why Link didn't... was link in yuguo woods?

Also I'm sorry I haven't released a patch update to fix at least some basic issues. I have been really just not in the mood I guess; I'll do it just don't know when I will maybe in a week or so...

Lucifer_zero

February 05, 2011, 12:49:54 pm #75 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:35:54 pm by Lucifer_zero
Hum... it seens my english was a little confusing, so let me clear somethings

Babus was show with Rafa sprite ( and Rafa had Babus sprite ), but it didn´t join after the battle. ( even trough on FFTPatcher he was mean to join )

The Werewolf need ??? stats, cuz on the two times i met him, i killed it before he could do something except move, or do one attack ( that could OHKO almost all member of my party )

Link was on Germinas peak, he joined after the battle, he came with FREE skillset as primary, but on job list he have Dark Mercenary as base Job, and more, on formation screen he show as Galfgarion sprite, and if you change he to another job he loses the FREE skillset, when putted again on Base Job he becomes Dark Mercenary.

I´ve found Beatrix on Deep Dungeon, but she didn´t join after battle ( as Babus, she should join on what i´ve saw on FFT Patcher ), and she has similar problem as Link, she have the Seiken skillset as primary, but her base job is listed as Meliadoul job.

Edit.

Amanomurakumo too had buggy description

And Thief hat says it gives +2speed, when it only grant 100HP and protection against Don´t Act and Don´t Move

Edit2

Balbanes is a monster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not impossible, as i got him... but still... a MONSTERRR !!!!!

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Kagebunji

Small note, if you check equipment description, and nothing shows up, everything goes glitchy, this can happen in both formation screen, and shops. I think Lucifer had the same issue as I did.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mando

Wow thats some wierd errors lucifer... those errors shouldn't be there... but the sprites could be off because patcher + sprite assignment NEVER match up its like one off...

which is why i haven't been doing a new update patch.

Kagebunji

I thought those were some glitches too. But then I saw the name "Rainbow Staff" and though "what the hell, it looks sorta like rainbow" :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mando

I'm going to go on a small hiatus.

I do welcome others to work on my patch if they wish (I bundled it in a rar. with the a patcher that has the resource file related to skills in my patch.)

I will update this myself eventually but I just haven't been up to it lately feel free to P.M me questions. Also if you make a change or make corrections feel free to pm me then post it here and I can update the front page.