• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Started by Eternal248, September 08, 2010, 01:26:52 pm

Zypher

Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

Eternal

Please don't remind me. Although I find it interesting that he's talking to Terra. Nice reference to Locke.

Also, Celes costume = win.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Supposedly Vaan sucks a lot...

Et, what Celes costume?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Apparently one of Terra's new costumes is based off of Celes' outfit. It's in one of the screenshots with Vaan.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Kagebunji

Hey, Et. You said that Dissida lacks a gun user. Well here you go, it's Laguna!(ugh, why not Balthier instead of Vaan...)

Zuka

My first thoughts is why all the Vaan hating, he wasn't my favorite FF hero but he vastly better embodies the hero role than squall, I mean, Vaan is almost a carbon copy of Locke, enough with the needless hating. And I think that it is a damned crying shame that no FFT characters are in this, though it is very true as everyone has already pointed out, any FFT characters would completely own the game, even if only for their story purposes being that FFT has the most involved and intriguing story of them all. I wanna see Edgar get a spot, I always liked him, or Terra, she's the bickity bomb.

Eternal

Terra's already in Dissidia. She uses a combination of Fire and Ice magicks.

Zuka

Quote from: "Eternal248"Terra's already in Dissidia. She uses a combination of Fire and Ice magicks.

Woo Hoo! I'm happy then. And Imma get really good with Vaan just on the off chance that someday I run into one of you haters, lol.

Eternal

Oddly enough, I'm best at using Sephiroth and Onion Knight. Vaan is supposed to be a very tactical character.

Kagebunji

My favourite was Onion Knight as well, many combinations and amazing speed is great. I am still hoping to see Beatrix in this, but I doubt this will happen...

Eternal

The official website has been updated with two videos of the new characters fighting. Shows off the Sky Fortress Bahamut and Orphan's Cradle arenas, and reveals two new music tracks: FFXII's Esper Battle and FFVIII's Force Your Way.

Site:
http://web.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia_012/

Eternal

Update (and a very big one, at that):

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... _dissidia/

REVEALED:
-3D World Map
-Dungeons (checkerboard style, a la the first Dissidia)
-Dissidia remake included in the UMD (World map, 2D events)
-More characters to be revealed (from the SNES era and up)
-Laguna was supposed to be in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, but they couldn't add him there so they put in in Duodecim.
-More music tracks

MysticKnightFF5

A) Onion Knight was RIGGED, players who mainly use onion knight usually aren't that good at the game.
B) You can play as Balthier through alternate costume
C) Kain's fighting style has been announced, with a heavy dependence on Aerial combat.
D) A lot of the characters are getting overhauls.

Eternal

MysticKnightFF5

Eternal

December 24, 2010, 04:59:40 pm #36 Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:20:54 pm by Eternal248
The Jump Festa trailer is up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLjV7jw8j78

In the trailer:
-Ultimecia's Throne Arena
-Emperor Mateus' Throne Arena (Pandemonium)
-Random Castle Arena
-Phantom Train (Onion Knight and Vaan are talking in it)
-Yuna! (A brief shot of her walking on water is seen in the opening FMV, you can tell by the skirt)
-Duodecim's World Map is shaped almost exactly like FF1's: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101217231750/finalfantasy/images/thumb/f/f5/Dissidia_012_World.jpg/571px-Dissidia_012_World.jpg

Also, once again, Laguna is hanging from a rope out of nowhere in the opening FMV.

MysticKnightFF5

I hope they put a summoner in it!!

MysticKnightFF5

Announced to be T-Rated. Go figure.