• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Parted Ways Portable In Development

Started by Eternal248, February 07, 2012, 05:01:31 am

Eternal

I've decided to work on a version of PW for PSP users to enjoy. This version is rebuilt from the ground up (which is why it'll take a bit to get done, but progress has been steady) and specifically designed to address issues the PSX version doesn't have.

The primary list of changes from the PSX version will be this:

-Vikings are replaced by Dragoons.
-Performers are replaced by Ninja.
-Snipers won't have their PSX skillset.
-Sages are replaced by Arithmeticians, who have been bashed with the nerfhammer several times over.
-Harbingers will require 20 kills, replacing the PSP's Dark Knight. Harbingers will get some extra goodies to make up for it though.
-Abilities that used ALMA will no longer exist, such as Looming Shadow.
-Items that used ALMA will be altered.
-Shinobi are being replaced with Elementalists, who can use a different elemental-themed sword skill based on the terrain.
-No new sprites, meaning no Lamias, Tortoises, Tonberries, or Werewolves.
-No Gerard the Beastmaster (Luso will be your new Blue Mage)
-The job tree will be slightly different.
-JP costs will be lowered to accomodate to the lack of frame skipping on the PSP.
-Skills that once used large animations will be toned down slightly to accomodate for the PSP's slowdown.
-PW PSX's Denmada system is being replaced with WotL's normal Gil system.

Those are the major changes, but even after all that, I think I'm managing to retain PW's heart and soul, even without all the ASM and fancy hacks. So PSP owners, stay tuned! I'm already about half way done with remaking abilities, with items and ENTDs coming shortly after.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Argy

Excellent news Et, I for one. I cant wait for you to complete it. If there is anything that you want me to do, I will be more than happy to accommodate!! Is there no way I'd adding in Tonberries at all?
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Eternal

A few technical difficulties, but I'm sure they'll get smoothed out soon.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Argy

Started my playthrough (yes I know it's a beta at the moment) and I am presently surprised, I am loving the vampire ability, nice touch and also the item that inflicts Undead, very nice.

I think the Cadet "Yell"'ability seems a little OP, but I wasn't  complaining! 50 HP for a potion... Early in the game, I think it is a little too much.

I will get stuck into the Sentinal and Scholar next.

I am loving the patch!! Well done!!

I have also noticed the slowdown, I was spoilt with playing FFT eboots!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Eternal

So erm, you realize that Ramza hasn't been touched yet, right? I still need to finish off monsters and some special job skills.

Argy

Oops sorry about that Eternal!! Make sure you keep that Vampire skill, me likey a lot!

I hope that you are progressing well updating the patch :-)

Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Eternal

Rejoice people, this is not dead. I've revisioned PW PSP and have continued work on it. It'll be a tad different than the PSX version, but I think people will enjoy it nonetheless.

Some things to look forward to:

-Blue Mage/Beastmaster/Hunter Luso.

-Balthier will have his FFXII and FFXII: RW skillset.

-Tonberries, Lamias, Werewolves, and Tortoises.

-The item system will not be the same as PW PSX's, instead focusing on a "normal" item system. That said, every weapon will have a fun effect, making them interesting to use.

-Onion Knights will have a skillset that allows them to modify their regular attacks to fit various needs in battle.

-New Executioner, Warrior, Elementalist, and Corsair jobs.

-Executioners focus on Thunder magic and quickly finishing foes off, as well as punishing foes who use buffs and debuffs. Executioners have only one requirement for unlocking: twenty kills.

-Warriors are the new base job, replacing Freelancer. They have the Aim skillset, which has been considerably buffed.

-Corsairs are the new primary ranged weapon users. They can learn the Gunslinger ability, allowing them to dual wield all guns. Their skillset is based around luck, similar to how Mustadio was in PW PSX.

-Elementalists replace Geomancers, but have a twist: they perform a different Song or Dance based on the terrain. Coupled with their ability to use Spears and Instruments, they are versatile units.

-Dragoons and Ninja remain, though slightly edited.

I'm not setting a release date for this because god knows when I'll be done with it. So... keep an eye out and you may be pleasantly surprised. :P

Eternal

Two more skillsets done today. Soon I can do special job skillsets. Huzzah!

Eternal

Things are still progressing on this. I'm working on items now. If anyone knows how I can take screenshots from my PSP, that'd be great!

Ramza2014

Will PW 2.0 be on PSP as well? I think it'll be awesome.

Selius

ppsspp emulator is how you should be playing anything on psp nowadays.

you can even run the shit on android devices lol