• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:16:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Unknown Error Occurs After Magic City Gariland Fight (EDIT: FIXED)

Started by Zareb, September 14, 2011, 09:51:16 pm

Zareb

I was testing out the first battle of my patch when I noticed a strange error.  After I beat-up the enemy forces and received my spoils, said error appeared upon my screen (just before the game loads the world map).  A screenshot is posted below.  Now, my patch utilizes many different hacks, so any one of them could be causing an issue.  If you cannot figure it out just by looking at it, ask me what information to provide and I will do so.  Thanks for reading.

Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

pokeytax

This looks like FFMaster's "Ability CT reduced by stat XX" hack. Did you, by any chance, patch one part and not the other?
  • Modding version: PSX

Zareb

Choto

when that's happened to me its always been an ASM thing, sometimes when I repatched a fresh ISO it took care of the problem. Otherwise you have to double check your hacks I think.

Zareb

September 15, 2011, 12:09:36 am #4 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:38:42 pm by Zareb
Thanks for the advice, Choto.

EDIT: Going to sleep for now.  I hope that I can figure this problem out within a dream. (12:36 AM)

EDIT: I honestly don't know... I guess I will do some trial-and-error until I find-out what the problem is. (12:37 PM)

EDIT: I found out what the problem was! There's a hack that I used that changes modified Brave and Faith back to their original values after battle.  I guess it's either a buggy hack, or I put the hex in incorrectly.  Thanks for those that looked at the topic and tried to figure out the problem. :D (3:38 PM)