• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:36:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

TLW Eurystheus mod V2.9 Beta Static Story Mod is Out (9/29/22)

Started by Eurystheus, February 12, 2022, 07:00:36 pm

Eurystheus

Hi Feuholden I'm getting close to being done with the random battles and deep dungeon so once those are done I will work on the Leveling Mode for everyone to enjoy so the levels won't be a problem. Death Sword and Demon Sword being cast W/O sword is fine and intended so I will go ahead and rename the skills to reflect that they don't need a sword

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
I still hope for the day FFT 2 comes out
  • Discord username: Eurystheus

Feuholden

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
I Play Every Mod

Wulf

Hi all, this will be my first attempt at modding an ISO with custom sprites. Just to confirm my understanding, is this the proper order?:

1) patch "TLW Eurystheus mod V2.8 Beta Static Story Mode + QOL 1.13.ppf" onto the ISO using PPF-o-matic

2) Then, use CD Mage + Shishi to import the sprites from the FFT Eurystheus mod Sprites folder and save them over the already patched ISO?

OR... should I modify the ISO sprites first, and then patch the .ppf over the ISO?

Thanks for any help. :)

EDIT: Okay, so I ran the patch and tried the mod. It seems there is no need to do any manual sprite import, as the sprites are different just by applying the PPF. However, game crashes as soon as I try to use Ramza's Sellsword ability at Orbonne, using Duckstation. Switching to PSXfin, and the AI is taking an extremely long time to think and make moves. Like, 30 seconds per unit... Longest I've ever seen in this game. Is that normal for the mod?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Wulf

Feuholden

Quote from: Wulf on September 28, 2022, 07:58:26 amHi all, this will be my first attempt at modding an ISO with custom sprites. Just to confirm my understanding, is this the proper order?:

1) patch "TLW Eurystheus mod V2.8 Beta Static Story Mode + QOL 1.13.ppf" onto the ISO using PPF-o-matic

2) Then, use CD Mage + Shishi to import the sprites from the FFT Eurystheus mod Sprites folder and save them over the already patched ISO?

OR... should I modify the ISO sprites first, and then patch the .ppf over the ISO?

Thanks for any help. :)

EDIT: Okay, so I ran the patch and tried the mod. It seems there is no need to do any manual sprite import, as the sprites are different just by applying the PPF. However, game crashes as soon as I try to use Ramza's Sellsword ability at Orbonne, using Duckstation. Switching to PSXfin, and the AI is taking an extremely long time to think and make moves. Like, 30 seconds per unit... Longest I've ever seen in this game. Is that normal for the mod?

I'm still playing on v2.7.. I've tried a bit on v2.8. Yes indeed there is a (delay) in the enemy turn.
I Play Every Mod

supedaglup

Are there known issues with loading a v2.5 save with the beta v2.9? I'm currently loading a save which is at the Lionel Castle part of the story, and many strange glitches are occurring at once.

Maybe the issues I'm facing are related to QoL1.3 update.... perhaps you could make a build of the beta using the QoL1.1 patch?

Jnatoli917

2.9 only works on psxfin emulator on pc I tried it on other emulators, and it was glitchy. If you're trying to port a save over try loading it up on 2.9 with psxfin and saving to the memory card then restart the emulator and load up the same save.

supedaglup

Quote from: Jnatoli917 on October 07, 2022, 04:01:20 pm2.9 only works on psxfin emulator on pc I tried it on other emulators, and it was glitchy. If you're trying to port a save over try loading it up on 2.9 with psxfin and saving to the memory card then restart the emulator and load up the same save.

Sounds good. I'll try that next, but running a brand new save showed some signs of trouble as well, such as extremely long turn times by the enemy, unless that's a known glitch already. I'll test running a clean TLW with QoL 1.13 just as a sanity check to see if it just has problems with the PSP/Vita.

Jnatoli917

ive been playing on epsxe on android and duckstation on pc with the 2.6 version it's the last version that works on multiple emulators. after trying 2.9 for a while and it seemed buggy.

PandaSensei

Hi, Eurystheus! Will your mod be compatible with The Lion War of the Lions mod from here https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12951.0?
  • Discord username: PandaSensei

Nyzer

No. Don't mix mods, ever, unless they explicitly say they're compatible.

Grim

Any way I could get a 2.8 version, 2.9 seems quite buggy even on psxfin, reversing a movement on my main save turns that characters weapon into a blind knife, and in the inital new game mission if you mover Ramza forward the full 6 spaces his turns get skipped for the rest of the battle and all npcs take about 30+ seconds between each action