• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:15:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Suggestions for Season One Arena Tournament

Started by Eternal248, March 18, 2012, 03:40:06 pm

Eternal

-I recommend that someone on here posts about the tournament on GFaqs straight away, so people can start getting ready for it. This will give them time to look over the new items and abilities. For whoever posts on GFaqs, they should link to some of the videos with some of the more interesting matches. I'll let you be the judge of whatever matches are picked. :P

-I also suggest that the tournament start three weeks after being officially announced.

-We'll need to be ready to answer all sorts of questions and give advice in the case that we get a bunch of newbies looking to participate.

-I think we need to keep very clean lists of what maps will be banned, what is and is not allowed, etc. Since this is all new for a lot of people, we want it to be easy to get into and not be intimidating.

Any other comments?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Barren

Just made an GameFaqs account, I can advertise FFT Arena tournament right now
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

Be sure to link to the Excel team spreadsheet and to let them know that they need Macros enabled.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Avalanche

Hi,

I think before the tournament starts we should discuss the Situation when the teams cant defeat each other and are stuck in an infinite loop.

I can remember that it happend once (i think it was aerogp´s team against a team with 2 units being immun to their elemental attacks)
I think the team with more units left was anounced as the winner. But i dont think that this is fair to be honest. In my opinion the best way to handle it would be to anounce it a tie but i dont know how to manage this.

What do you think?

Wiz

Actually, that match you're referring to ended up with a conclusion and one of the teams won.

But nonetheless, if there were a tie (I doubt there will be any), it would be safer to announce the team with the most units remaining the winner since it shows that they're superior in design compared to their opponent in a bo3.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown