• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:43:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena 1.42 Memory Card Generator ~ 2017-09-23

Started by Andrew, October 22, 2015, 09:22:34 pm

Andrew

October 22, 2015, 09:22:34 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:39:18 pm by Andrew
This tool, created by Xifanie, allows for you to make teams and setup matches between different teams already saved in the tool itself, or teams you choose to import.  It also gives you guidelines to follow, such as for staying below the JP cap, not using more than two types of items / skills, etc.

- Female Mystic Knights must be put as "F Mystic Knight", and their skillset as "F Spellblade".

- IMPORTED UNITS THAT ARE FEMALE MYSTIC KNIGHT / FEMALE UNIT WITH SPELLBLADE MUST HAVE THEIR SKILLS REINPUT!

- Microsoft Excel is required in order to use this tool.  I use an unregistered version of Microsoft Excel 2010, and everything in the MCG works fine.

- Make sure to enable usage, content, and macros, which usually pops-up near the top of the window if they are for whichever reason disabled.

- If you're experiencing a "run-time 1004" error, unprotect your sheet by right-clicking its tab at the bottom, and then select the appropriate option.

- When importing teams, make sure that you're copying the team from a universal text tool, like Notepad, before you paste it into the "Import" field.

- The MCG will not calculate JP totals for units that haven't been assigned a gender.

- A setting in the MCG has been enabled to allow any RSM to be put in any slot (example: PA Save as a Support).  This is so Maintenance can be set as a Movement, since we have not yet developed an ASM hack that changes its hardcoding.  Regardless, please put RSM in their intended slots.  Thanks!

- Some equipment information (such as bonus PA, MA, etc) does not display.  This is due to a conflict that happens between the MCG and an ASM hack we use that lets us have access to many more item attributes to use for equipment.

Amount of imported teams: 63
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

where is the settings tab on your mem card generator? I'm not finding it for some reason. The settings tab allows you to save mem cards in .gme
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Andrew

Sorry about that.  The most recent attached version is fixed.

Andrew

Reks

Nothing wrong with a bump if you do it when you update, I don't think.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

part of me is thinking because of this being so important should it not be ... i don't know pinned?
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

Is it just me or is it still bugged? Whenever you equip a helmet, armor or accessory that gives PA/MA/Speed the mem card generator doesn't display it. It still shows in game, just thought I throw it out there. Plus it doesn't show on the mem card generator if you absorb, halve or nullify any elements. Or if you're immune to status as a matter of a fact

Andrew

Bump.  I have it listed in the original post that non-weapons equipment doesn't display special attributes like PA, MA, etc, for whichever reason.  My best guess for the reason why this is happening is because of the EIA (extended item attributes), an ASM hack that's necessary for Arena equipment to function the way that they do; but, then again, I don't ASM nor know how to do anything fancy with spreadsheets like Xifanie does.

Corosar

master guide says that MP restore is 200 JP however the Memcard generator is registering it as 450
Time for a new season!

Andrew

July 31, 2016, 12:23:15 am #9 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:45:04 am by Andrew
Bump.  Thanks for letting me know, Corosar, since that meant that the JP value in-game was incorrect, as well.  The value in the memory card generator has been updated, and the new PPF will probably be posted sometime tomorrow.

Barren

Hey on the memory card generator it still reads that jump +1 is on squires instead of lancers and jump +2 is still available. Even though the master guide says otherwise

Andrew

The version that's available for download in this thread does not contain that issue, so please use it instead.  Apologies for the confusion.

Otabo

Is there a reason why it sometimes displays a run-time error 1004 whenever you try to save your team?

Andrew

I haven't experienced that issue myself.  What version of Excel are you using?  I'm using 2010.  Gatebuster202 just said in Discord that it's an error that has to do with your version of Excel not properly handling the macros that are required for the MCG to run.

Make sure to click on the two buttons that appear at the top when you first use it: "enable content" and "enable macros".

Otabo

2010. And yeah, I did enable macros and content. It only seems to happen when I have all four units created and try to save.

Barren

Try unproecting your excel sheet Otabo. You do that by right clicking onto a tab and select unprotected sheet. At least that was the issue for me when I was trying to import a team.

Corosar

August 14, 2016, 02:17:53 pm #16 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:46:24 pm by Corosar
bug with Two Swords skill makes the JP cost total N/a If you use two swords in your team build. your gonna have to calculate that unit manually

Edit 1: Happens with Move-MP UP as well... i am gonna go through and check other skills

Edit 2: went down the list with wizard as the primary skill... it happens with almost every single skill... am i doing something wrong?
Time for a new season!

Andrew

August 14, 2016, 02:37:17 pm #17 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:47:50 pm by Andrew
Quote from: Corosar on August 14, 2016, 02:17:53 pm
bug with Two Swords skill makes the JP cost total N/a If you use two swords in your team build. your gonna have to calculate that unit manually

Happens with Move-MP UP as well... i am gonna go through and check other skills

This only happens if you haven't assigned a gender yet.

EDIT:
Quote from: Corosar on August 14, 2016, 02:17:53 pm
Edit 2: went down the list with wizard as the primary skill... it happens with almost every single skill... am i doing something wrong?

This also happens if you haven't assigned a gender yet.  :P

Corosar

ohh now i see... i will check that out..

*10 seconds later*

yep... that was it. that is so confusing to me why that happens.
Time for a new season!

snovlo

is the status and element indicator in the builder work properly?
i didn't see any change on lightning table when i equip Gold Shield

thanks i hope you can figure out