• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:26:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Kensai

Quote from: Eternal on September 01, 2015, 12:01:59 pm
Enmity, again, inflicts Berserk which (I think) wears off upon being wounded

No, it's a full berserk which wears off after death or maybe dispel (I think, haven't tried). No remedy will cure this. Death to the mages!

Saint Cross doesn't do damage, rather, it Exorcises surrounding undead units.

That's sad. Paladin is not a holy warrior anymore, but a some class full of gimmicks.

Crush's animation is hardcoded to display Sweet Spot, but if it hits it'll deal damage and inflict Slow.

Maybe change this animation to slow animation? Or that sword animation from Split.
This sweet spot label is really confusing imho.
Lancet skill needs a spear, but learned from a sword. ???
Nightmare has no mp cost, is it intended?

And actually I was wrong, if other skills damages as ashura then iaido is pretty weak skillset.

I haven't said that before, but thank you Eternal for this mod. Yeah he has it's bugs but still I love this increased challenge.

Eternal

Uh, banishing Undead is a very Holy Warrior thing to do... it's been a staple in RPGs for Paladins for years now. In fact, FFTA2 even gives Paladins the Sanctify ability, which does roughly the same thing.

Lancet has been moved onto a Spear.

Nightmare has no MP cost at present, but it may regain it later in the future, depending on how terribly broken it is.

Iaido damage is based on Magic Attack- in fact, the entire class pays homage to FFT's Samurai. Chances are good that you've spent a lot of levels in a Physical Attack growth-based job. Spend a few levels in Bishop or Samurai and see Iaido's damage increase.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

chocolatemoose

Quote from: Eternal on September 02, 2015, 11:10:05 am
Iaido damage is based on Magic Attack- in fact, the entire class pays homage to FFT's Samurai. Chances are good that you've spent a lot of levels in a Physical Attack growth-based job. Spend a few levels in Bishop or Samurai and see Iaido's damage increase.

I've been meaning to ask about this but had been waiting to see updated stat growths - will a magic Bangaa (samurai/bishop) actually be a viable build (including stat growths in those classes)?

Mikail

I guess I will be waiting for the update then. This is pretty cool

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Kensai

Uh, banishing Undead is a very Holy Warrior thing to do... it's been a staple in RPGs for Paladins for years now.

I thought that's a priest job ;)

Nightmare has no MP cost at present, but it may regain it later in the future, depending on how terribly broken it is.

https://yadi.sk/d/ea1KUIWJiqhd5

Maybe make it a no-mp cost Sleep at high accuracy instead? That way no Doom, but you can still KO your enemy on your next turn, if no one awakes him. (100% hit chance on sleeping enemy)

Chances are good that you've spent a lot of levels in a Physical Attack growth-based job.

Of course! It's a bangaa after all, not some nu mou !! :)))
Does leveling in Samurai increase both atk and matk?
At the moment Myrmydon and Dragoon builds seems a better choices for me...

bug: Venus Blade teaches Myrmidon Doublehand but this job can't equip it...

P.S. fighting with resonating turtles is fun :D

bcrobert

Make Paladin good again please.

Why not give Saint Cross its MP cost back, deal Holy damage at a low-moderate power and add [If Eff1 hits:chance of Banish Undead]? It -might- work without glitching up the game. Would require testing. But having an AoE Exorcise might make the Paladin more appealing. Especially since it no longer has Shiny 200% Damage Death Blade.

Side note: I'll miss screaming RIGHTEOUS JUSTICE SLASH every time I use Holy Blade. It no longer deserves such childish glee.

EDIT. And Berserk does not seem to wear off when you attack the unit. Bear that in mind when balancing Berserk abilities.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Eternal

@Chocolatemoose: In the existing version, Samurai have fairly low Magic Power, but this is changing for the next update. Currently, it's best to level them as a Bishop or a Monk. In the update, Samurai will have better MA Growth and Monk MA Growth will be reduced. Bishop is still the job to level as for MA/MP, but Samurai get the boon of being able to wear heavy armor and deal better damage with weaponry. So, ultimately, it's a choice of defense or magickal offense.

@Kensai: Myrmidon Doublehand is fixed. Myrmidons can now learn Doublehand from Ragnarok.

@Blanky: Paladin is still good. Healing + Regen, Exorcism, Blind, the ability to boost an ally's next attack... they're a good job. You just need to play it a little differently than one would in vanilla FFTA. And it -has- AoE Exorcism in Saint Cross.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Mikail

Eternal, the work you have put into this is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for this.
All of the new jobs seem like really fun classes :D. The only one that don't interest me as much is Bard but I never care much for that class in any game xD.

rrs_kai

The game crashes when you check the abilities of Clan Dip's summoner.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Marche

Patiently waiting.. must suppress the urge to play .993 beta...

Eternal

It'll be well worth the wait, I promise! I apologize for the wait, though. I just want everything to be perfect!~

Kensai

Nurse triggers counter.
Dream Watcher teaches "Chocobo" skill to Assasin, but he can't use it.
Nosada teaches dul wield and some unknown glitchy no name skill with 0 ap.
Flamberge absorbes fire, not halves it, as states in description.
There is a spear wich gives Infinite Jump (100 Jump), and a katana which doesn't have this bonus.
Saint Cross banishes dead at 10%. Maybe I do something wrong or this skill is terribly weak after all.

There are some enemies in game and after you check its skills - game crashes.

Mikail

Quote from: Eternal on September 06, 2015, 04:54:44 pm
It'll be well worth the wait, I promise! I apologize for the wait, though. I just want everything to be perfect!~

Sure man, take your time ^_^. I am sure it will turn out awesome.

Eternal

Nurse is fixed, Dream Watcher is fixed, Nosada is fixed, Flamberge is fixed. The Bangaa Spike and a Katana (I forget off the top of my head) do give Infinite Jump. The Katana will also be fixed in the future. As for Saint Cross, I see no reason why its accuracy shouldn't be the same as Exorcise/Burial/etc. What are the battle conditions?

Also, to fix the skillset check/game crash issue, I need to know exactly what enemies it happens on. Otherwise I have no way to check and see what the problem is.

Kensai

Quote from: Eternal on September 07, 2015, 05:24:23 pm
Also, to fix the skillset check/game crash issue, I need to know exactly what enemies it happens on. Otherwise I have no way to check and see what the problem is.

Grisanbella, assasin
Laetitia, elementalist
From Ritz vs Marche battle (end game)

Aeon flute's ability has no label
Magic Hammer has no decription.

Can you make Steal ability be able to steal from your party mates?
This opens new tactic possibilities, for example changing weapon on beastmaster

OFFTOP: Can my blue mage learn skills from enemy blue mage?

Eternal

Thanks for the info! I -think- I've fixed the Assassin and Elementalist. The Elementalist had Absorb MP learned twice and the Assassin had a Combo ability learned... so my guess is that maybe that had something to do with it. Strange.

Aona Flute has been busted for a while, and I'm not sure why. It teaches Malboro to Beastmasters. I'm not sure why Magic Hammer isn't showing a description- it appears to be fine in the text editor.

In regards to Steal, Steal Ability is flat out dead. It was ridiculously abuseable. It became Steal: HP.

In regards to Blue Mages, I -think- you can learn them from enemy Blue Mages, but I forget for sure.

Thanks for the feedback! And it sounds like you're towards the end of the game. I'm really excited for you! :D

Kensai

Quote from: Eternal on September 10, 2015, 12:19:16 am
In regards to Steal, Steal Ability is flat out dead. It was ridiculously abuseable. It became Steal: HP.

Sorry, I mean ability from Steal skill set, Steal Weapon ability.
My idea was to steal weapon from your teammate, so he can Draw Weapon another, to use another skill for example.

Final battles were really challenging, Totema bosses as damage dealers with DEF+ ,FrogDoom is really annoying,this Full Raise is maybe too much.
BTW Last Breath works even on final bosses (47%), but I didn't use it.
https://goo.gl/tRbi0K
https://goo.gl/iMlHrD
https://goo.gl/J8YwW9 - invisible boss glitch :)

Ritz recruitment battle were difficult because of this "No Holy" law. Somehow even Saint Cross can't  Exorcise them, so they keeps calm uses  LV? S-Flare and ressurects after 3 turns. And Ritz were useless, that was hard to complete.
https://goo.gl/B2gtas
https://goo.gl/Hri81u

Babus recruitment was doable,but you need Ruby Earring and Ribbon\other to protect party agains FrogDoom and Angel Rings helps too.

Sadly, some of quests have their original, easy difficulty, I mean enemies have only one skillset and not even Item skillset equipped, often without reactions. For example hero's gaol second mission, battle at aisen, or something like that.

My best-5 team:

Marche
Fighter\Blue Mage
Ayvuir Red\Blue
Deals great damage (~340 with Ayvuirs), heal, and Matra Magic still works!
Good Combo: Paladin with Black Robe, Weapon ATK+ and Fighter Skillset for powerful Backdraft.
Also Steal skillset has great hit chance and is powerful for disarming opponents.

Saint Cross is weak

Viera
Assasin\Fencer
With proper gear has 100% Evade, Swallowtail is awesome early-game, Swarmstrike is best melee damaging ability for Viera,  and Corner Skills still works.
Nightmare has 70%-90% chance on back, and Fairy Shoes (stole it from Dip clan) teleports you to that place.
Last Breath works even on final game bosses and has 100% chance on sleeping enemies.

Didn't find the bow to learn Doubleshot so can't say anything about that.

Eldena
Red Mage\anything
Still great. Great damage with Black Hat and Black Robe, unfixed Flamberge absorbs fire and helps with reflect.
Because of improved Fire and Thunder Red Mage has increased range and aoe attack.

Bangaa
Templar\Myrmidon
Starts weak and slow, ends up best damage dealers and...slow :D
Templar can equip black robe which greatly improve myrmidon's Hollow ad Stasis (AOE, 200-320 dmg), and ranged Lifebreak (4 range, lost HP as damage) is awesome.
Other skills as Lancet (Dragoon), Downsize (Warrior) are good.
Samurais are weak imho.

About black robes: you can steal one, receive other at clan leveling and last as a quest reward.

BUGS:
Yakei description states he should have +1 MOVE
Viera Totema doesn't work
Bangaa's Last Berserk somehow increaes all his states, but maybe I'm wrong.
https://goo.gl/iFRZ7J

Big thanks for such great challenging mod!

Mikail

That's because Samurai's status growth is not fixed yet I think. One of the reasons I am waiting for the next update is because I want to use them