• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:59:58 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on December 28, 2014, 04:44:18 pm
@RRS: I'm still not entirely sure what you mean by Black Robe being bugged. Can you explain the error again, please?

As to how I'm making Limits unique, I'm simply making them unlearnable via weapons (except for the generic ones), and force-mastering them onto units so that other units can't get them. Really simple to do.

I expected this but ruled it out as it would prevent generics to get the job mastery star.

I will test again and explain Black robe.
EDIT: Blank, I can't seem to find which file has which abilities are which numbers in the recruitment editor. Quin knows 5A and 58 which are tied to Gigaflare and Ultima, but I don't know which is which and what the other ability numbers are, much less for Combos.

I would also like to know which is which.
All the semi generics come with Ultima except LittleVili (Sniper) and Eldena (Red Mage). I want to change LittleVili into an Assassin with Ultima.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

bcrobert

Blank, I can't seem to find which file has which abilities are which numbers in the recruitment editor. Quin knows 5A and 58 which are tied to Gigaflare and Ultima, but I don't know which is which and what the other ability numbers are, much less for Combos.

I don't memorize ID values man. Just look for an abilities.txt or something in my nightmare modules. Or check the patch code FAQ. Etc. Etc.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

JoeCool

I've been on this site for a while now hoping they would make a patch for the psn version Wotl to work on the vita because they fixed the slow down. And then I stumpled across this little ffta project here,I just read thru this forum and I'm excited as f***. Keep up the good work,is the current patch riddled with that many bugs or is it still playable??

Either way looking forward to the completion of this patch.Had to make an account just for this LOL
BANNED

Eternal

The current version is playable- barely- but very buggy. I would advise just waiting until January to play 1.0. It (should) be a lot less buggy and with a lot of fun new features. Welcome to FFH!

EDIT: Blank, unless I'm blind, none of the modules have the abilities listed by ID number, nor do any of the FAQs. Gigaflare in AIO is 014, whereas in Nightmare it's 88 or 8A. Further, the Abilities.txt in the Abilities Module has neither ID numbers nor the Combos, so I'm hoping that maybe you can point me towards a document that would? I also checked all of the guides on GFaqs.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

bcrobert

http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance:Abilities

Refer to the list at the bottom of that page. Those are probably the values you're looking for. There was a time, long ago when the world was still in sepia tone, when all of the great hackers shared their data on Data Crystal.

Let me know if those values don't work. I'm actually quite curious if support/reaction abilities will work when plugged into the recruitment structure. I don't see why they wouldn't but I don't recall any precedent.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Eternal

Unfortunately, that list is the same as the Abilities.txt list- it has no Support, Reaction, or Combo abilities listed.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Things are quite fine. Every unique character now has a Limit- including Eldena, who I forgot about- except for Shara, Cid, Babus, and Ezel. Shara because we're having trouble finding her abilities, and the rest because I want to test their sprites, first. Working on weapon descriptions and armor today, most likely. Unlike Vanilla, the armor you choose is vital. You can choose to equip heavier armor and robes to provide superior defenses and resistances, but it'll cut your Evasion. If you want to be an Evasion tank, you'll need to wear Light Armor, which isn't as defensively strong, but is balanced and won't drop Evasion. Some Heavy Armor and Mystic Armor won't drop Evasion, but they won't be as effective as other pieces.

For example:

Heavy Armor:

Cuirass:                               
Buyable, Tier 1                                       
(+28 DEF, +2 RES)

Bronze Armor:                         
Buyable, Tier 1   
(+30 DEF, +6 RES, -10 EVD)

Iron Armor:                             
Buyable, Tier 1                                         
(+34 DEF, +3 RES, -10 EVD)

Platemail:                             
Buyable, Tier 2                                         
(+37 DEF, +3 RES)

Gold Armor:                             
Buyable, Tier 2                                         
(+44 DEF, +3 RES, -15 EVD)

Diamond Armor:                         
Buyable, Tier 3                                         
(+50 DEF, +6 RES, -20 EVD)

Opal Armor:                             
Buyable, Tier 2                                         
(+40 DEF, +6 RES, -15 EVD)

Carabini Mail:                         
Buyable, Tier 3                                         
(+46 DEF, +10 RES, -20 EVD)

Mirror Mail:                           
Complete "Desert Patrol"                               
(+28 DEF, Auto: Reflect)

Dragon Mail:                           
Complete "Wyrms Awaken"                                 
(+28 DEF, Halve: Fire, Earth, Wind)

Genji Armor:                           
Steal from Silverlock in "Free Muscadet!"               
(+46 DEF, +5 RES, +5 MAG, -15 EVD)

Maximilian:                             
Complete "Battle Tourney"                               
(+46 DEF, +3 RES)

Adaman Armor:                           
Complete "Armor and Turtle"                             
(+58 DEF, +10 RES, -30 EVD)

Materia Armor:                         
Complete "Dark Armor"                                   
(+52 DEF, +16 RES, -30 EVD)

JoeCool

Limit break as in....something like the combos u learn from mythril weapons? Would u need stars to use the limit breaks or did u guys completely rework that?
BANNED

Eternal

Yes, they require JP, just like normal combos. So by following the Law and killing enemies, you can use your Limits more often.

And just for the hell of it, here's a video of Ezel using his Limit Break, Anarchy. Which is him basically beating things with a stick.

Shintroy

Some day my people will be free.

Eternal

Yes, every item and ability will have an updated description. The only incorrect description will be the tooltips that display the moment an ability triggers telling you what it does. Those can't be edited yet.

advfox

Quote from: Eternal on December 30, 2014, 10:09:24 pm
Yes, they require JP, just like normal combos. So by following the Law and killing enemies, you can use your Limits more often.

Do all of the Limits still cost 10JP to become usable?
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

You only need 1 JP to trigger a Limit, but the more JP you have, the stronger it becomes. Totema still require 10 JP to use, however.

advfox

It just hit me - combos have always only costed 1JP to use in vanilla FFTA. I guess I got them confused with Totemas.

I have one other question, though. How will Limits be learned for unique characters?
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

They already come Mastered on them- all you'll need to do is equip them!

Marche

good luck on this I really really cant wait and happy new year to you all!

JoeCool

I just like to point out how selfish marche is,trying to return home and ruining the world for other people. I would kill him on sight if I was part of that world. Unbelievable >_>
BANNED

Eternal

You can kill Marche now. Literally. He- along with Ezel, Ritz, Montblanc, and Shara- are now able to be battled as Doned Faction. Likewise, you can rematch Llednar, Li-Grim, and Remedi in the mission "With Babus".

EDIT:

All items, weapons, and armor are done. All descriptions are done except for half of the items.
All abilities are done, as are their descriptions.

The home stretch is at hand. Only tedious text editing, item placement/fixing, and testing remains.

JoeCool

Can't wait for this sh**! So I'm gonna assume Saturday morning ull be finished?
BANNED