• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Marche

I see thats cool I have a picture in my head where moogles are really evil gunslinging kupos.. O.o

Eternal

New to FFTA GG... Limit Breaks! Limits are Combos, basically, but with a twist. The original six Clan Nutsy members have Limits/Combos that have 100% chance to chain, meaning that they're quite a bit stronger than generic members, who get their own Limit/Combo. For example, Montblanc's Limit- Centurion- is more likely to chain a Combo than a generic Moogle's limit- Kupocalypse. Using Limits to finish off foes and chaining them together is very helpful.

Also new to FFTA, three clans from A2 now appear as random battles. Clan Cinqueleur colors the battlefield red! Khamja assassinates the competition! Duelhorn invades the realm! (Pretend those were in Super Smash Brothers voices.)

Further, many Rumors are going to be rewritten to expand the world a little and explain some things that aren't clearly explained in-game already.

Also, just about every bug mentioned in this thread has been fixed today! :)

EDIT: Yes Blanky, that means you now have a reason to keep Montblanc.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Marche

Hmm can you also customize the name of the starting members so we dont get a random one? That would set them apart from the generic characters in a good way..

Eternal

That's in the works. Fun fact: in the Japanese version, each starting unit had a set name (and those names were carried over to Clan Centurio in FFXII), but the NA version changes that. I'd love to restore their names.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Marche

I see thats awesome then hehe.. can you also make custom events or is that difficult?

Eternal

Event editing is way out of my league for now. I think Darth knows how to do it, but I've very little interest in editing events (aside from perhaps dialog) at this point.

Marche

bearbrik

that sounds great, i am having a blast playing .95 right now, but am totally willing to start a new game with all the changes you have mentioned.

Shintroy

Some day my people will be free.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on December 26, 2014, 05:43:16 pm
Also, just about every bug mentioned in this thread has been fixed today! :)

So good to hear that, I hope atleast one of my posts has been useful. They're known to be long, detailed and bland.

Nice ideas and skill names :).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

@Marche: As much as I would love that, I don't think the AI will ever use Combos. That said, I'm not sure how I'd even go about forcing them onto enemy skillsets in AIO. I am, however, looking into giving Ritz, Shara, Lini, Littlevili, Quin, et. al Limits. Babus, Ezel, and Cid as well, assuming their sprites won't bug, which I assume they will glitch out.

@RRS: I may not respond to every post, but I do read them all and acknowledge them! Long, detailed, and bland posts are what I need to make this project a success, so you're very much a part of it!

EDIT:

The following Limits will be available to the following characters. Units with a (!) next to their names are I can get the special recruit abilities to be set. That's something I'll need to discuss with Blanky/Darth. Units with a (?) next to their names means I need to test to see if they'll use their Limits correctly/without bugs.

Marche: Dream's End
Montblanc: Centurion
Ritz: Snowpetal
Shara: Artemis Moon

Babus(?): Northswain
Ezel(?): Anarchy
Cid(?): Judgement
Llednar(?): Omega Drive
Remedi(?): World Thread

Quin(!): Quickening
Cheney(!): White Whorl
Pallanza(!): Bloodlust
Littlevili(!): Feral Strike
Lini(!): Gallant Gaol

Nutsy Hume: Army of One
Nutsy Nu Mou: Ars Arcanum
Nutsy Bangaa: Omnistrike
Nutsy Viera: Wood Warden

Generic Hume: Strike Raid
Generic Nu Mou: Spellweaver
Generic Moogle: Kupocalypse
Generic Viera: Engagement
Generic Bangaa: Terminus Est

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on December 27, 2014, 06:47:33 pm
@RRS: I may not respond to every post, but I do read them all and acknowledge them! Long, detailed, and bland posts are what I need to make this project a success, so you're very much a part of it!

Yay :D
I want to know what was wrong with black robe.

EDIT:
The following Limits will be available to the following characters. Units with a (!) next to their names are I can get the special recruit abilities to be set. That's something I'll need to discuss with Blanky/Darth. Units with a (?) next to their names means I need to test to see if they'll use their Limits correctly/without bugs.

Nice names again, so fitting.
I vote for changing Quin's limit to something more awesome like sanctus burst, or arcane edict, or ancient flare, or something else :P.

I understand how combos work in this game. What I dont understand is how you were able to give a skill to a specific character and not the generic class.
I would like Marche to have judge sword (a-ability not combo).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

bcrobert

That's something I'll need to discuss with my mom.

Fixed. Iirc the abilities that are pre-mastered for those characters are in their recruitment tables, not the unit data. Check for the recruitment structure and the semi-secret characters should be the ones at the very, very bottom of the structure. (I think.)

One of my modules already edits that structure, but I don't remember if I included the ability bytes in the module or not. I probably did, cuz I'm cool like that. If you can't find C-abilities in the module you can:

(A) edit the module to fix that
(B) use the ROM map in my notes to get the address for the recruitment tables
(C) analyze the .nmm I mentioned for that same address in (B)

Good luck! This is the second busiest part of my year, so I absolutely refuse to go through my notes for you right now. :P
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

bearbrik

Hey there, i managed to get dual wield on one of my moogle jugglers, but i cant actually equip 2 knives, is there something i am missing?

bcrobert

Quote from: bearbrik on December 28, 2014, 01:41:12 am
Hey there, i managed to get dual wield on one of my moogle jugglers, but i cant actually equip 2 knives, is there something i am missing?

...did you equip it to your support ability slot?
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

bearbrik

Quote from: bcrobert on December 28, 2014, 01:47:42 am
...did you equip it to your support ability slot?

yes i did

edit: also i noticed that the blue mage in the first jagd quest mission has the "night" skill available to him. Was this on purpose or overlooked? i thought night was unavailable to blue mages

Eternal

@RRS: I'm still not entirely sure what you mean by Black Robe being bugged. Can you explain the error again, please?

As to how I'm making Limits unique, I'm simply making them unlearnable via weapons (except for the generic ones), and force-mastering them onto units so that other units can't get them. Really simple to do.

@Blank: That's exactly what I needed to know. I'll try that out now. I knew I had to use the Recruitment module, but I was having issues matching the ability bytes to their respective abilities. I was trying to match what was in Nightmare to what was in AIO, and was yielding only confusion for myself.

@Bear: At one point, Maintenance and Dual Wield had reversed effects. I thought that was fixed before .95's release, but it may have been fixed after that. Also, Blue Mages could always learn Night. :)

EDIT: Blank, I can't seem to find which file has which abilities are which numbers in the recruitment editor. Quin knows 5A and 58 which are tied to Gigaflare and Ultima, but I don't know which is which and what the other ability numbers are, much less for Combos.

Shintroy

What are "Nutsy X" units?
The special units thst have ultima learned in vanilla, will there be anything special about them in GG? Actually will they still be in GG? Only got halfway through .95 so I don't know if they're in currently.
Some day my people will be free.

Eternal

The Nutsy units are the generic units you start out with at the beginning of the game who are already a part of Clan Nutsy. The special Ultima units aren't really special, but they will have their unique Limit Breaks, as seen in the list above.

Marche