• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Eternal

Many of those bugs have been removed in the upcoming update for GG. I'm still dealing with quite a few internal errors but they're being sorted out one by one. In a perfect world, GG 1.0 will be the next release, acting as a stable base for future updates, but I don't want to commit to that big of an update just yet. I can promise that upcoming releases will be far more stable than 0.95 though! :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Just a very small screenshot of an example of the fixed law system that will be implemented into the next update. Fret not, an Anarchy version without laws will be released later as well!

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on December 16, 2014, 01:45:18 am
Just a very small screenshot of an example of the fixed law system that will be implemented into the next update. Fret not, an Anarchy version without laws will be released later as well!

I had the exact same idea for a better law system.

Isn't Damage>100 a dummy?
How did you get the fixed law system to work Eternal? I tried using Nightmare1 but it didn't work in my test.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

It's a dummied law, but it actually works exactly as intended. The only laws that don't are laws that multiple people at one time could potentially break- this leads to the game crashing.

bcrobert

rrs_kai, you need to apply a patch called "fixed laws.ips" before editing that structure. The structure that the module edits doesn't even exist until AFTER you apply the patch.

If you have my pack of Nightmare modules you already have the patch you need. Search the folder called "Darth's fixed law system" and apply it. This adds an ASM hack to the game that points to the newly created structure. (Otherwise how would the game know it's supposed to have fixed laws?)
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

rrs_kai

Quote from: bcrobert on December 16, 2014, 08:55:46 pm
rrs_kai, you need to apply a patch called "fixed laws.ips" before editing that structure. The structure that the module edits doesn't even exist until AFTER you apply the patch.

My test failed. I applied the patch after editing (which effectively means that nothing not changed).
Since that failed I moved onto editing mission items.
Thanks, I will test again.

Quote from: bcrobert on December 16, 2014, 08:55:46 pm
This adds an ASM hack to the game that points to the newly created structure. (Otherwise how would the game know it's supposed to have fixed laws?)

I remembered that "Law Cards Forbidden" existed for every tourney battle, so I thought it could be extended to others.
Now I undersand that the mission itself needs to be programmed to have that facility.

bcrobert

Guess my suspicion was right then. All of your changes were probably overwritten with blank data when the structure was added to the game. Better luck next time. :/

Ethereal Embrace

I must say, this hack looks quite amazing. I very much like the ideas for the new classes.

Eternal

It's taking a while for 1.0 to be released because I'm completely redoing the item and law system, by the by. Most items will be far more interesting now (at least, within FFTA's very limited item scope...) and many jobs will be able to pick between different weapons that can boost various aspects of that job. Just to give a very brief example from end-game Rapiers...

Colichemarde:
Steal from the Elementalist in "Materite Now!"
Boost: Dark, Earth, Water

Epeprism:
Complete "For a Song"
(+12 MAG)

Gupti Aga:
Steal from the Fencer in "Brown Rabbits"   
2 Range

Diabolique:
Complete "Old Friends"   
(+12 ATK)

Aerial Hole:
Complete "One More Time"
(+10 SPD)

Last Letter:   
Complete "Cursed Bride"
(30% EVD)

Femme Fatale:
Initial gear on Ritz
(+1 Move)

Basically, jobs will have a bit more flexibility in terms of gear, because different gear will boost different parts of a job. Items will also not be won randomly after fights. You'll win healing items, sure, but gear will now have to be bought, stolen, or directly won from certain missions.

rrs_kai

Since next relaese is a possible 1.0 I started playing to find any more shortcomings.

Meteorite is too strong.

I went to 'Souring Time' with an Excalibur on Marche only to be baffeled by Babus's Mistle robe and exodus absorbing holy.
The second time I went with a Sun Blade and to my surprise it is also holy-elemental O.o

I hope the text-editing is going well....the sole reason I scrapped half of my ideas.

Marche

Hi would there be issues if I play using the 0.95 saves in the 1.0 patch? Im having a blast with your mod btw thank you!

rrs_kai

Quote from: Marche on December 20, 2014, 11:13:38 am
Hi would there be issues if I play using the 0.95 saves in the 1.0 patch? Im having a blast with your mod btw thank you!

If you are using save states then no.

Your character stats, equipment and money will carry over if you use save states. Even if the stat growth of a particular class got changed it only reflect on your characters when you level up from now onwards.
Eternal did mention a RES and HP boost to the templars (they currently have higher MAG than RES) so you may want to look forward to that.

Eternal

Welcome to FFH, Marche! I would advise starting a new hard save with 1.0, because many things have been changed. Laws are set, many old items have been completely revamped, some missions have been altered, etc. Luckily, from 1.0 on, you won't ever need to start a new save again.

Yes, RRS, Excalibur has always been Holy Elemental, and Mistile Robe has always Absorbed Holy. Sun Blade is also Holy Elemental in GG. In fact, most Blades and Greatbows are becoming elemental, with the player needing to swap them out for certain battles as needed.

Meteorite is probably strong because the Fairy had Mag Pwr+ equipped. Otherwise it's just an annoyance, IMO.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on December 20, 2014, 01:25:25 pm
Yes, RRS, Excalibur has always been Holy Elemental, and Mistile Robe has always Absorbed Holy. Sun Blade is also Holy Elemental in GG. In fact, most Blades and Greatbows are becoming elemental, with the player needing to swap them out for certain battles as needed.

I only meant that if the item description would mention this then it would be good (for sun blade), because there is no other place to get that informantion.

20-12-2014
Finished scouring time and unlocked the 3rd tier of shop upgrades

:::Inconsistencies:::
-Mythril brand, rapier, knife, soul, and gun are sold for 1gil but sell for 2000gil
-Snake staff is sold for 1gil but sells for 600gil
-Mythril staff is sold for 3400 gil and sells for 2000gil
-Body slam is 100AP for fighter but 150AP for Warrior

Marche

It would be great if theres an item guide for GG that would help a lot and lessen confusion.. Also is it normal for some items to have glitchy skills. For example one of the blades like Laglace Sword can teach Aim: vitals which is placed at the combo abilities? I noticed it and its kinda weird.. Is it put there on purpose or is there no effect whatsoever in terms of gameplay?

bcrobert

Quote from: rrs_kai on December 20, 2014, 10:47:46 pm
-Mythril brand, rapier, knife, soul, and gun are sold for 1gil but sell for 2000gil

Shhh! You're ruining the cheats! :P

bearbrik

first time poster here. loving this hack so far, so i wanted to make an account and contribute on anything i found while i played.

only at Koringwood so far and the only bug i've encountered is my hume blackmage becoming invisible when he attacks with a knife. i assume this is due to missing animations of him using the knife.

i will post as i keep finding things. However, i am just playing though the game, not actively looking for bugs.

Eternal

Thank you all for your kind words. FFTA GG 1.0 will be released with any luck in January. It may also have a new name, something a little more reflective of what an overhaul the mod is, as opposed to how it was before, which was just a hardtype.

I'm aware of all the animation bugs, and those have all been "fixed" in the sense that those jobs can no longer use those weapons, since there are no animation frames for them. That said, many jobs will receive a wider variety of gear, though learnable skills will remain on the job's dominant weapon type. For example, White Mages can use Staves to either boost their magic, or they can opt to use a Mace to deal more sheer damage for when they're not healing/buffing.

I'm currently in the middle of text editing all of the changes to FFTA's weaponry, and I'm roughly 1/3 done with that part of it. Descriptions are a little more concise now, and detail a weapon's stat boosts and other affinities. That said, if a weapon just has more ATK than another, that won't be in the description. There will be a few references to other FFs in the descriptions, as well as many references to the other Ivalice games. For example, all Guns have been renamed to their FFXII names.

Every single battle in the game now has set Laws which both sides (except for bosses and all enemies in the Corrupt Judges arc) must abide by. There are many puzzle battles now that are themed around those Laws. Further, one battle in the game requires creative manipulation of Laws to win. Brute force will not avail you in some of these fights.

Items (aside from usable items) will no longer be given as random mission rewards. Every item can either be bought, stolen, won, or acquired through clan level ups. This is actually to the player's benefit, as each item can now be acquired a little bit more easily when they know what they want.

Moogles can Dual Wield. Moogles can Dual Wield Guns. Kupo.

The issue with items that don't normally teach abilities displaying as teaching an ability is a result of an issue with Darth's editor. It's known and is not fixable at present, but it's harmless. Just a little annoying.

All items have correct pricing, and items in general are overall more pricy, and sell for far less. Items have three tiers: 1500 Gil, 5000 Gil, and 10000 Gil. Spend your Gil wisely (or just do missions...)!

Body Slam's AP will also be fixed.

Marche

Eternal

No, Hume Ninja can still Dual Wield as well. Moogles will be the only ones able to Dual Wield ranged weapons, however.