• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:09:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA2 Redesigned (Rebalanced and Difficult Hack with new Jobs and Abilities)

Started by Rfh, August 22, 2015, 09:19:24 am

Zaane

Would it be possible to add at least one ability to a job in each race that gives reraise? (either high MP cost or the maiden requirement)

The reason I ask is I want to do an all Moogle run and the only 3 jobs that have any form of reraise are the Bishop (Bangaa), Alchemist (Nu Mou), and Summoner (Viera) jobs.

I can heal with Gold Battery, Smile Toss, Cuisine, Cure Cannon, or Choco Heal but for reraise I have to hope to get lucky with Gold Moogletrom (if you can even get reraise from it, haven't tried yet)

Reraise isn't completely needed but would be nice to have the option for my Moogle run.

Rfh

If you want I can do a patch only for you with a moogle with reraise. What moogle job do you want to have the reraise ability?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Zaane

Seems like it would fit best on the Tinker or the Flintlock if you don't mind doing it <3

Rfh

I've remplaced Chroma Gem effect by something similar to Elixir of Life.

Madeen

To answer your question Zaane, yes Gold Moogletron can give reraise :)

EDIT: Whirl burst is awesome, however I'm getting countered by my own allies if they have counter equipped, is that intended?

Rfh

No, sorry, it also happens with Discipline. It will be fixed in the next update.
Download Lennart Ability Editor from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q97o8x7uv094vmt/FFTA2AE+%280.1.2%29.zip, open your rom and go to Whirl burst page 2 and uncheck this flag:

Rfh

Sorry for double post, it was a missclick, can a moderator remove this?

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 21, 2015, 11:16:48 am
No, sorry, it also happens with Discipline. It will be fixed in the next update.
Download Lennart Ability Editor from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q97o8x7uv094vmt/FFTA2AE+%280.1.2%29.zip, open your rom and go to Whirl burst page 2 and uncheck this flag:

Well if you're going to fix it, I rather not mess up with something I'm not familiar with... thanks though.

Something else, would it be too much to ask which skills are physical and which are magical?
I'm having troubles figuring some... for example lifetap: I thought it was magical, but when my Bishop (high mag, low att) used it, it did.. 8 damage?
The confusing part is it does same damage from any direction, that's what makes me think it's magical, but I could be wrong?
I remember in vanilla I had same issue with Heritor skills, I had a hard time figuring out their damage type...

Zaane

a good way to figure out which skills are magic and which are physical is to use it normally and then use an attack up skill on them, (Tinker's green gear works for this) then try using it again and see if it changes, thats how I was able to figure out that a Flintlocks Cure Cannon is physical, I can't think of any skills that only increase Magic though.

Madeen

Quote from: Zaane on September 22, 2015, 02:32:05 am
a good way to figure out which skills are magic and which are physical is to use it normally and then use an attack up skill on them, (Tinker's green gear works for this) then try using it again and see if it changes, thats how I was able to figure out that a Flintlocks Cure Cannon is physical, I can't think of any skills that only increase Magic though.

Ah yeah that's an idea, thanks :)

Scholar's knowledge increases magic and resistance (or resilience?)  but I dont have it yet, well I had it, but I restarted a new game lol.  Didnt unlock Scholar yet.
Cant think of another but maybe there's one.

Rfh

Quote from: Madeen on September 21, 2015, 05:59:19 pm
Well if you're going to fix it, I rather not mess up with something I'm not familiar with... thanks though.

Something else, would it be too much to ask which skills are physical and which are magical?
I'm having troubles figuring some... for example lifetap: I thought it was magical, but when my Bishop (high mag, low att) used it, it did.. 8 damage?
The confusing part is it does same damage from any direction, that's what makes me think it's magical, but I could be wrong?
I remember in vanilla I had same issue with Heritor skills, I had a hard time figuring out their damage type...

Quote from: Rfh on August 22, 2015, 09:19:24 am
Lifetap: Dark elemental, deals damage equal to 25% of target's current HP.

All physical jobs attacks are physical and all magical jobs attacks are magical. The exceptions are Wiking and Moogles, who are mixed attackers.

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 22, 2015, 10:27:43 am
All physical jobs attacks are physical and all magical jobs attacks are magical. The exceptions are Wiking and Moogles, who are mixed attackers.

Ohh thanks, good info.  Though sometimes it's hard to tell, I mean... Templar requires 2 Bishop abilities mastered to unlock after all @.@
Also I think blue mage is mixed too, Screech seems physical to me.
And what about non-damage skills? Like chakra?  Physical? Magical?

And I wasnt aware of lifetap change, thanks!

EDIT: Wait, what do you mean by moogle?  Now that I think of it, it seems ice/thunder/fire shots are magical... it was physical in vanilla right?

bcrobert

Can't you open the game in Lennart's ability editor? There's a flag in-game that decides whether an ability is physical or magical. And that flag is clearly marked in the editor as "0 if physical, 1 if magical." Going down the list that way would be WAY faster than play-testing every single ability.

Of course abilities that do set damage or inflict a status don't really count as magical OR physical since they're completely unaffected by attack, defense, power and resistance.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Madeen

Quote from: bcrobert on September 23, 2015, 02:15:26 am
Can't you open the game in Lennart's ability editor? There's a flag in-game that decides whether an ability is physical or magical. And that flag is clearly marked in the editor as "0 if physical, 1 if magical." Going down the list that way would be WAY faster than play-testing every single ability.

Of course abilities that do set damage or inflict a status don't really count as magical OR physical since they're completely unaffected by attack, defense, power and resistance.

Why would I have an editor to begin with? I dont make hacks or anything.

Jumza

Quote from: Madeen on September 23, 2015, 08:11:29 am
Why would I have an editor to begin with?

Because the download is on this site, very easy to open / use, and it answers most of your questions? :/
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Rfh

Screech is magical.

Eternal has given me some ideas. In the next update, I will change Geomancer by Mystic, with skills similar to FFT Samurai and more.

I also like to give Sanguine Sword (Absorb HP from the target, Range:3, MP: 20) and Infernal Strike (Absorb MP from the target and deal HP damage, Range: 3, MP: 5) to Shadow, remplacing Ague and Aphonia.

I will also remplace Gladiator's Fire Soul, Thunder Assault and Blizzard Tackle skills by something similar to FFT Swordskills.

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 30, 2015, 11:53:45 am
Screech is magical.

Eternal has given me some ideas. In the next update, I will change Geomancer by Mystic, with skills similar to FFT Samurai and more.

I also like to give Sanguine Sword (Absorb HP from the target, Range:3, MP: 20) and Infernal Strike (Absorb MP from the target and deal HP damage, Range: 3, MP: 5) to Shadow, remplacing Ague and Aphonia.

I will also remplace Gladiator's Fire Soul, Thunder Assault and Blizzard Tackle skills by something similar to FFT Swordskills.

Not very familiar with FFT but as long as Geomancer remains pure mage why not I guess.

citricking

Quote from: Rfh on August 31, 2015, 09:38:13 am
Lennart has done speadsheet with the maximum level of monters in each battle. It's very busy go to every offset and change the maxmium level byte, so I created a little algorithm who finds every Lennart's maximium level location and changes it to the maximium.

For you level scaling change you mentioned you wrote an algorithm to got through and change the max levels of all the missions found from Lennart's tables. I'm looking through his tables and can't find where the max level info is. I'm guessing QI or QD but which column?

Any chance you can post your algorithm or a patch with just the level scaling changes?

FrozenDragon150

I'm also interested in such patch (level-scaling only) since I have my own private hack for the game, and applying level scale manually is incredibly tedious.