• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA2 Redesigned (Rebalanced and Difficult Hack with new Jobs and Abilities)

Started by Rfh, August 22, 2015, 09:19:24 am

breaktube

Nice work, just saw this on the front page of GBATemp !!

Have you shared this on RHDN :

http://www.romhacking.net/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

Zaane

Started the game up on Hard difficulty and so far I'm enjoying it with only a few minor gripes.

The ability ''Steal:Gil'' is there any way to rename this to Mug? until I actually used it I thought it was going to steal 32 gold but it actually damages for 32 with a chance to steal gold so I think the name Mug would suit it better.

Alot of the monster skills cost very little to no MP so they are able to spam them each and every round, a perfect example of this is the ''A Voice in the Well'' quest where one of the Lamia's literally just stood on the other side of the map spaming Night every turn for a 60% chance of sleep on each person on my team. through great effort and a little luck I managed to win that battle but it was frustrating to say the least.

Loving the changes to Tinkerer as well as the changes to stat growth across the board, well done!

Restarted in Normal mode to see the difference between damage in modes.
In hard enemies do 100% of my health in damage when attacking me from behind, and 50% health damage when attacking from the front, hasn't failed a single time yet on multiple different characters.

In normal enemies do what seems to be exactly half the damage they do in hard. With the new moves and inability to revive this seems to be the better option, the enemies still do enough damage/have enough utility to beat you even if your playing carefully and its overall less stressful when your not getting 1 shot with no way to revive.

chocolatemoose

I just catalogued the monster stat growths as well. I could post them here but what they basically come down to is the following:

• physical monsters have atk growth of 20

• magick monsters have mgk growth of 20

• chocobos clock in at about 18 atk growth and 20 mgk growth

• turtles and flans have 20 def growth

• HP growth averages 8, but is in the 12-14 range for Headless, Marlboros and Lamias

Taken by themselves these figures don't mean much, but let's compare them to a couple other things:

• the non-monster stat growths posted earlier

• the vanilla growth stats, which generally range from 6-10

• I don't understand the stat math as well as others here (or, to be fair, at all), but it looks like the mod's base stats are only ~20-30 below those in vanilla (per the job editor tool). Given the growth rates, this means the monsters will catch up in 1-2 levels?

It's no wonder this mod is much harder than vanilla.

Madeen

Okay so... you've boosted mage weapons' magic, and by quite a lot.  That's all well and good but, is there a reason mage Grias dont get a boost?  neither poles for geomancer or broadswords for raptor (which is the mage class until you get geomancer) get any magic boost :/  And these girls are my favorite... not that's an argument :p
Still, any way to convince you to give them a boost?  Or make Geomancer able to use staves. Thanks for considering it :)

Jumza

Also why doesn't the Gria's main mage job (geomancer) not have 10 Magic Growth? Her physically damaging counterparts get the 10 / 11 attack growth given to other jobs that are good at attacking, and other mage centered jobs have 10 magic growth. That seems a little unfair (seeing as I like using Gria geo's :( )
Though I know Gria's aren't supposed to be great at Magic, it just makes me never want to use a Gria mage as opposed to any other race mage.
EDIT: Although, I guess she also has the most defense.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Rfh

Quote from: Zaane on September 03, 2015, 12:33:58 pm
I took the stats chocolatemoose posted and put them in a google spreadsheet thingy, hope thats alright.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yg6-dph8T84GPF4qzzIa-0Mqnf2LJTDLPQh-8KaL2gw/edit?usp=sharing

I love you! Can you raise Ilusionist magick growth to 10? In the new update I have changed this.

Quote from: Zaane on September 04, 2015, 06:01:15 am
The ability ''Steal:Gil'' is there any way to rename this to Mug? until I actually used it I thought it was going to steal 32 gold but it actually damages for 32 with a chance to steal gold so I think the name Mug would suit it better.

Do you prefer Mug name? I can change it.

Quote from: Zaane on September 04, 2015, 06:01:15 am
Alot of the monster skills cost very little to no MP so they are able to spam them each and every round, a perfect example of this is the ''A Voice in the Well'' quest where one of the Lamia's literally just stood on the other side of the map spaming Night every turn for a 60% chance of sleep on each person on my team. through great effort and a little luck I managed to win that battle but it was frustrating to say the least.

% of sleep is different with the resilience of each job. It can vary from 30 to 70.

Quote from: Madeen on September 04, 2015, 09:25:27 pm
Okay so... you've boosted mage weapons' magic, and by quite a lot.  That's all well and good but, is there a reason mage Grias dont get a boost?  neither poles for geomancer or broadswords for raptor (which is the mage class until you get geomancer) get any magic boost :/  And these girls are my favorite... not that's an argument :p
Still, any way to convince you to give them a boost?  Or make Geomancer able to use staves. Thanks for considering it :)

Ok, I will raise magick of poles.

• Discord username: rfh

rrs_kai

Quote from: Rfh on September 06, 2015, 07:10:38 am

Nice, now Master monk gets better magick. Fitting for his name.
I apologize if was rude in my last post, sorry.

Zaane

I love you! Can you raise Ilusionist magick growth to 10? In the new update I have changed this.

I'm assuming you mean for both Hume and Nu Mou Illusionists, if so done and done
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yg6-dph8T84GPF4qzzIa-0Mqnf2LJTDLPQh-8KaL2gw/edit?usp=sharing

Do you prefer Mug name? I can change it.

I definitely prefer Mug, I think it suits it for what it does.

% of sleep is different with the resilience of each job. It can vary from 30 to 70.

ah I see so thats what resilience affects. Now I have even more reason to use my Tinkerer  :) :v/:

Marche

Before I play this.. is this a stable hack or is it unfinished? What's the status?

Also is getting the loots much more efficient in your hack? Cause if not it would be awesome if you make it easier to get them because.. well they're loots XD

Madeen

Yayyy thanks a lot :D  Please let us know when its up.

And that's true about Master Monk, Bangaa have some magic skills so it should be an interesting setup :)

Marche

Playing this in normal cause i havent even finished the vanilla game yet but it looks more balanced i think? XD

Madeen

Quote from: Marche on September 07, 2015, 11:24:55 am
Playing this in normal cause i havent even finished the vanilla game yet but it looks more balanced i think? XD

Vanilla in hard mode isnt even a challenge so I dont think you're missing much :P

Rfh

Quote from: breaktube on September 03, 2015, 04:32:32 pm
Nice work, just saw this on the front page of GBATemp !!

Have you shared this on RHDN :

http://www.romhacking.net/

I will share it on RHDN too.

Quote from: rrs_kai on September 06, 2015, 08:35:04 am
Nice, now Master monk gets better magick. Fitting for his name.
I apologize if was rude in my last post, sorry.

Don't worry.
Quote from: Rfh on August 22, 2015, 09:19:24 am
- All criticism are accepted.

Quote from: Marche on September 06, 2015, 10:23:57 am
Before I play this.. is this a stable hack or is it unfinished? What's the status?

The hack is finished, but I will release new updates with bug fixs and suggestions.
Maybe in a distant future I will improve non-monster battles, but I haven't got much time now.

Quote from: Marche on September 07, 2015, 11:24:55 am

The vanilla hard mode is very easy. The vanilla skills are so breaking, that you can win a enemy who inflicts 999 damage to all foes every turn.

Marche

Playing it right now and Im enjoying it in normal mode.
I Love the feeling of doing just one wrong move can cost you the battle. And kudos to making archers a bit more viable but Bangaa warriors are a bit weak imo.. Monsters arent that powerful but maybe that's because Im playing on normal.. Anyways this is turning out to be a blast I look forward to future updates.

Rfh

Quote from: Marche on September 08, 2015, 07:24:55 am
Playing it right now and Im enjoying it in normal mode.
I Love the feeling of doing just one wrong move can cost you the battle. And kudos to making archers a bit more viable but Bangaa warriors are a bit weak imo.. Monsters arent that powerful but maybe that's because Im playing on normal.. Anyways this is turning out to be a blast I look forward to future updates.

In normal mode enemies hit 1/3 weaker than in hard mode does.
Yeah, this is the advantage of ffta2, because your facing is very important, only a wrong facing can cost you the entire battle. Facing does a lot of strategy at the game.

Marche

My only gripe which I had in the vanilla ffta2 is the loot system but i guess nothing can be done yet..

Rfh

Quote from: Marche on September 08, 2015, 12:32:01 pm
My only gripe which I had in the vanilla ffta2 is the loot system but i guess nothing can be done yet..

Yes, I can change it, but it will take me a lot of time. I like the loot system, what exactly don't you like?

rrs_kai

Rfh

Ok, I cannot make it AoE...
The bug is already fixed but now Leap only can target one unit.
Tomorrow I'll released a new update with the last bugs fixed.