• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

¡ǝbpop oʇ ןןoɹ

Started by PX_Timefordeath, September 12, 2011, 03:24:12 pm

PX_Timefordeath

September 12, 2011, 03:24:12 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:04:12 pm by PX_Timefordeath
What is the story or "Roll to Dodge!"?

"You wake up in a grassy field. Go!"

Roll to Dodge! is a unique text adventure, in that you don't control one character. You control yourself. Each person that submits an action will be acting of their own accord, on their own character. Characters may interact with the environment and each other any way they wish. Because of this, you may only submit one action per roll. I will take the latest action you submit, and if you accidentally make two actions at once, I will take only the second one. If I catch it before the time I update, however, I'll attempt to leave a warning.

Updates will take place at around 9:00PM GMT -7. Basically, once a day. (I will not update today, so you have roughly 33 hours for the first update.)

What kind of actions you can perform? Well, first of all, try to avoid doing something too obscene. Outside of that, however, your actions and the consequences are only ruled by two things: Your imagination, and these:

That's right! When I update every day, I will be rolling a die. This is part of the reason behind why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" Any action you make has a chance of failure or success based on the outcome of a 1d6 roll. Here's a breakdown of what happens:

1 - Epic Fail: The exact opposite happens
2 - Fail: You fail to complete the action
3 - Troubling Success: You complete the action, however not without trouble or damage.
4 - Success: You complete the action. That's it.
5 - Perfect Success: You complete the action well enough that you receive a boost from the outcome
6 - Overshoot: You complete the action so utterly thoroughly that something unintended happens.

Of course, the other part of the reason why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" is because you also have to dodge things. Players may attack one another, and the Environment (as well as any denizens of which) may attack players of their own free will as well. If you are attacked, I will automatically roll for your character. Here is a breakdown of how the roll affects you:

1 - Fatal Wound: You die
2 - Serious Wound: If attacked again within the next two turns, if you roll a 3 or lower, you will die.
3 - Grazed Wound: Your next roll will suffer a -1 penelty
4 - Graze Clothing: You take no damage, Nothing happens
5 - Graze Score: Your next roll will gain a +1 boon
6 - Counter: The attack will - If a player - be forced to roll to dodge, or if part of the environment, be destroied/defeated.

In short:
- You control your own character
- You can submit (almost) any action
- Every 24 hours, I will roll a die to see if you succeed or fail your action
- You wake up in a grassy field. Go!

/shamelessly stolen

EDIT: Btw, all commands should look like this

"> [Command]"

Kokojo

> [Look around, waiting impatiently to see cows, not even caring about the fact that I have no memories of why I am there.]

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

st4rw4k3r

Dome use the > for a command

> Take inventory of what I am wearing/if wearing anything at all.

Dome

RavenOfRazgriz

September 12, 2011, 08:18:39 pm #5 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:58:05 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
-> Dig straight down with my bare hands to attempt to uncover an unoccupied giant robot for myself to pilot.

Kaijyuu

• Modding version: PSX

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

PX_Timefordeath

September 14, 2011, 03:04:47 am #8 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:05:08 am by PX_Timefordeath
Sorry for late update. :\

Quote from: Kokojo on September 12, 2011, 06:34:23 pm
> Look around, waiting impatiently to see cows, not even caring about the fact that I have no memories of why I am there.

6: You look around, and keep looking, and looking, and looking. You're waiting impatiently for the cows, and finally, you have found them! However, they are charging at you.

Roll to Dodge!
6: You have not only avoided the cows, but you are now controlling the cows! Enjoy your cow army.

Quote from: st4rw4k3r on September 12, 2011, 06:44:08 pm
> Take inventory of what I am wearing/if wearing anything at all.

3: You suddenly realized you're not wearing clothes. You start putting on your clothes, however you took a fall and bruised yourself while putting on your pants. (-1 Roll)

Quote from: Dome on September 12, 2011, 06:56:33 pm
>I do a barrel roll

4: You successfully roll around on the ground like a barrel.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 12, 2011, 08:18:39 pm
-> Dig straight down with my bare hands to attempt to uncover an unoccupied giant robot for myself to pilot.

1: Suddenly, the ground beneath you EXPLODES, sending you flying through the air.

Roll to Dodge!
3: You managed to land on the ground safely, but the explosion did some damage to you. (-1 Roll)

Quote from: Kaijyuu on September 12, 2011, 08:31:39 pm
>Ninja vanish

3: You managed to vanish like a ninja! Everything except your leg though.

Quote from: Celdia on September 13, 2011, 12:28:28 am
> Rolls to dodge

3: You rolled! And kept rolling! And kept rolling right into a wall! (-1 Roll)

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

>I roll on Eternal like a barrel screaming "DO A BARREL ROLL!"

Twinees

>Punch trees with my bare fists in hope to receive cube shaped pieces of wood.

Celdia

>Summon a minecraft creeper to ruin Raven's building
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kokojo

September 14, 2011, 06:48:31 am #14 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:53:15 am by Kokojo
> send my cow army to run over the other players, but especially Eternal. (the murderous bastard! He wants hamburgers, il give him hamburgers!)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kaijyuu

>Go around kicking people in the shins with my "disembodied" leg

VampragonLord

September 14, 2011, 06:24:57 pm #16 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:08:11 pm by VampragonLord
>hide from all this sparta
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Dome

st4rw4k3r

September 14, 2011, 06:50:39 pm #18 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:57:19 pm by st4rw4k3r
>Realize that putting pants on hurts. Pants are evil. Look around for something that shows signs of other people living there; a house, tent, city, ect.

Winter

> I hop into my 1981 Delorean(the one that can time travel and fly)/if i have one.