• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:32:01 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help Making A Poison Attack

Started by Kenshin72, December 04, 2012, 11:36:48 pm

Kenshin72

So I'm trying to make a sword attack that inflicts Poison. I have literally copy and paste the "Poison Nail" attack from the Red Panthers and no matter what the hit percentage is always 00%. Any suggestions?

RavenOfRazgriz

Please post a screenshot of your ability in FFTP.  It's possible something did not copy over or something you adjusted got messed up. 

It's also obviously important to make sure you're not targeting something immune to Poison.  It's a lot easier to make a stupid mistake like that than you'd think.

Kenshin72

RavenOfRazgriz

1. Unflag "Affects HP", "Target Allies", "Physical Attack", and "Animate on Miss". 

"Affects HP" should only be used for a skill that directly heals or damages HP, not for adding a status like Poison or Regen.  "Target Allies" and "Target Enemies" should never be flagged together, and only the one you WANT the AI to do should be fagged.  Just because something CAN hit both, if it's a skill like this, you still only want "Target Enemies" flagged.  If you have a rare exception like Faith or Innocent that can be useful to inflict both Allies and Enemies with, the correct method is actually to flag neither option.  "Physical Attack" only tells the AI whether the skill is affected by Defense UP and Protect, and since your formula is not affected by those it should not be flagged.  "Animate on Miss" is only used with skills like Truth, Un-Truth, and Triple X attacks that cast multiple times on random panels because it tells the game to play the enetire effect animation even when hitting an empty panel.  This skill doesn't need that function and I'm pretty sure it won't even work anyway.

2.  Other than the above, everything else looks okay.  Make sure you're targeting an enemy that is not immune to Poison, and if it still doesn't work - try a different Ability Slot.  Power Break is a hardcoded Ability and something about that could potentially be interfering with your skill.  Near the bottom of the Ability List above Frog Attack there are some empty ability slots, try putting it in one of those with the above fixes.

Kenshin72

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on December 05, 2012, 12:47:11 pm
WANT the AI to do should be fagged.

pft tee hee lol.

I thought Animate on miss would be like they still swing the sword if they missed. Alright it works now. Thank you sir.