• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Synthesis Shop 1.00

Started by Xifanie, November 18, 2013, 08:28:59 pm

Aiolon

i use your amazing hacks and i find them super useful but that question is hard. some people will likely disagree with the idea of replacing poached items me included there. but thats because of how i designed the item availability.
    common/uncommon = shops   Rare=Poach      Very rare=Synth
well but mine its a personal project so that wouldnt count as much as the official community projects. their creators are the ones that should give an opinion. but i will go ahead and ask some questions.

1. if the Buy materials option is implemented, what will happen to the changes made in FFTPatcher related to poaching?

2.how could we administer our earned materials? do we get them sent to our Stock item inventory? we get a totally new menu for them? or will they only show up in the synth menu? i ask because if thats the case what about item icon and description.

i assume this will come in the spreadsheet but i will ask anyway.
3.the materials will have an especific default name made by you or they will be free to be modified by players. this is considering there is people that replaced monsters and it would be awkward to have a flan or a tomberry droping wings and beaks im yes im aware that the player will be likely to modify the drops of each monster but what if i want them to drop something such as Jelly or a Tomberry knife?

D: sorry for my engrish when it comes to questions... my english runs away  :oops:

• Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

gatebuster202

Clarity on the move-finds - I was referring to non-material items. (I often forget to re-read my posts.)

If it's in Kanji space, (I.E. space I know zero about) Then that's awesome. I just wanted to know how much free space we are playing with. Which of course you mentioned in the OP but I dont read Hex well. (16 squared extra spaces for materials.) 256 Materials is plenty, assigning a max of four per monster is a great limit too. (But is that per monster or family?)

All I know is I'd use this hack twice for public use myself.

So we should be able to go into the synthesis shop. Buy our materials, then go to synthesis, and combine materials for items in our regular item space or new materials?

Also, more ambitiously, Combine a Rare Material (Example-Dragon Iron (Made from dragon base materials and synthesized) w/ a Defender and a Elixir, to make a Excalibur.)?
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Xifanie

I figured it would be more simple to have the menu as follows:
QuoteBuy (Original Fur Shop poached contents)
Buy Materials
Synthesis
Sell
Leave Store

Or for those who would prefer not having the original buy option at all:
QuoteBuy (Materials)
Synthesis
Sell
Leave Store

If I add the option to buy materials, I think I can make the new poaching system optional, but I'm honestly pretty set on not coding the new one to include rare drops. I don't think they add ANY value to gameplay. If you really want something "rare", just require the player to use 8 times as many "regular" items for synthing and you're good. On average, the player should only be able to acquire as many synthed item as with rare drops. So in the end, I'm not even sure why anyone would want to stick with the original poaching system.

My hack will use either the fur shop inventory for materials if you don't plan to use that anymore, or some extra space available that no one else is using. The latter is just less convenient for mods that could use a lot of extra space (that is also stored on memory cards). So either way, you can still keep the regular Buy option.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

gatebuster202

Xifanie, I'd take either option, just because they both help me. However, more options are always nice. I guess this will mean my players will have to synth consumables, from materials.

We are still locked into the 48 items for Synthesis, correct? (If we could get 16 more I'd be over the moon, but that probably a space limitation, so ignore my wishlisting because I'm just grateful for the first 48.)

Xifanie

It's 64, not 48. And that's going to be increased to either 253 or 254.

You just have to remember the more stuff you make my hack do, the bigger it gets and the more chance it will have to "crush" another ASM hack.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Aiolon

Quote from: Xifanie on July 09, 2015, 07:09:27 pm
I figured it would be more simple to have the menu as follows:
Or for those who would prefer not having the original buy option at all:
If I add the option to buy materials, I think I can make the new poaching system optional, but I'm honestly pretty set on not coding the new one to include rare drops. I don't think they add ANY value to gameplay. If you really want something "rare", just require the player to use 8 times as many "regular" items for synthing and you're good. On average, the player should only be able to acquire as many synthed item as with rare drops. So in the end, I'm not even sure why anyone would want to stick with the original poaching system.

My hack will use either the fur shop inventory for materials if you don't plan to use that anymore, or some extra space available that no one else is using. The latter is just less convenient for mods that could use a lot of extra space (that is also stored on memory cards). So either way, you can still keep the regular Buy option.

:) with this in mind i would totally use it
yes rare poached items have always been a term of lets say "vanity" but to my point of view it will never be the same to say oh i finally got 50 chocobo feathers yay!! to say: OMG HOLY SHIT i poached a chocobo blade FUCK YEAH!! <--- dramatization. (yes i know nobody does that ) i would gladly use the buy original poach contents option :'v

Xifanie

You wouldn't have to buy the materials though, I can't have 4 inventories:
- Player's Inventory
- Player's Materials
- Fur Shop's Inventory
- Fur Shop's Materials

It's just not possible; there's not enough space.
Basically the "vanilla" Buy with the new poaching system would send all 0x00-0xFF items into the fur shop, and the materials (0x100-0x1FF) would already be yours to use for synthesis.

And most people tend to be:
QuoteJESUS FUCKING CHRIST IT'S 20% WHY HAVE I NOT GOTTEN IT IN 30 FUCKING TRIES!?!?

Just a little infuriating when it happens

3lric

I'm definitely in favor of the idea of changing the BUY option into something to purchase materials (though at a high price for people that are too lazy to kill the required monster to get the materials) it really brings out the Monster Hunter aspect that this idea originated via a post about, in that game, you can trade high level/rare materials for other high level/rare materials from another monster via a special shop. I think it's a really cool idea.

Honestly with the fact that the other spreadsheet still exists, you can still have both posted. One for people who want to just have the synth shop with the normal poach function and don't want to setup the materials, which still allows them to remove the buy option in the newest version of the spreadsheet, if, once again, they just want synth and don't want to setup the extra materials, while at the same time being able to remove the buy option. You'd still have the new spreadsheet for everyone that wanted to utilize the extra material item space for this, like me. :D

gatebuster202

I'm in favor of having the poached materials, because that makes sense. (I've got two classes with Innate Secret Hunt, that go to a Tame class, at this point someone can properly strip materials) However, I am more then satisfied with the majority.

(Also, sorry I misread the initial number of Synth options, no idea where 48 came from.) Also the RNG on Poaches deserves a funeral in favor of a new mechanic. (Not actually saying we do something with it, but agreeing with the rediculousness of it.)

Xifanie

July 09, 2015, 10:59:46 pm #49 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:10:46 pm by Xifanie
Something that I mentioned in another topic: I made a scavenging formula. You can use this formula on any active ability and you can poach with it without having secret hunt equipped BUT ONLY WORKS ON DEAD TARGETS. It was made because I thought Secret Hunt was too overkill... no charge time or anything (yet allows you to kiss goodbye undead monsters so easily), and found it dumb your attack had to be the finisher. That is 100% complete.

Attaching some screenshots:
#1 and #2: I reworked the menus. I'm 100% done remodeling them to what you see below.
#3: Selecting "Buy Materials" will immediately take you to the Chemist Items/Shurikens/Throwing Balls page, where all the materials are going to be. I plan on removing Stock/000-255/Eq./All/00/99 in this section. Yes this is nitpicking. Yes I am nitpicky.

gatebuster202

Madame Webmistress, you may be as Nitpicky as you want. That just looks brilliant. When you are final in your nitpicks, I will make it my priority to install it and have a Dortor save ready to browser through the awesome. (And probably ask a half dozen stupid questions on setting the thing up. Sry, ahead of time.)

Aiolon

wow xif this is to awesome and that scanvenging formula sounds like 1 of my FFT dreams because secret hunt weapon deathblow is really annoying... specially when the monster has element resistance/absorb , stupid ass evasion, your weapon is a bitch and triggers magic spell :l
i was like: wouldnt it be easier if i just had to kill the damn ugly stupid mutant furry-like antrophomorphic artificial inteligent made in japan ass monster and then bag its dead body?
stuff like that~

Xifanie

Buy Materials menu mostly done! (just some bugs left to fix: the price is slashed in 2 and that you can't enter it without something in the fur shop inventory)
You can change the item type icon, the graphic/palette of the other icon, name, price.
Up to 256 of these little bastards.

Sadly, the materials aren't being added as craftables in the synth menu so I'll have to figure what's going on but I think it's safe to say that the worst has been coded! \o/

Xifanie

As far as I know, not much left to do on my list

• New Poaching routine

• Fix Scavenging routine to not affect immortal units (or immune to treasure?)

• Fix the text bug (I might have to make it 0 text delay)

• Bugtesting

• Console testing

gatebuster202

Well, damn. Xifanie, that is awesome, I'm super excited to see all the progress!

Xifanie

Still got the poach routine to rewrite, which should be no big deal at all. Otherwise, only bugtesting and console testing left. \o/

New menus! Yes they're big, but I think it was really the best option to keep the hack as functional as possible, and as user-friendly as possible.
Sell Materials! Okay, I admit I didn't want people to be able to sell materials at first, but you can also force the selling price to 0 gil if you want. Or 1/2, 1/4th, 1/8th and so on.

PS: Buy/Sell Materials menu force you on the 5th inventory tab, and you can't leave it. No materials are found on page 1-4 anyway, so there's no reason for you to go there.

gatebuster202

Wow, that's more then I'd hope for. (And the sell materials will be exactly what I wanted to balance my Gil incomes.)

Can't wait to install and use the new routines!

Vanya

Most impressive.
I will definitely be using this once it's done.
The new scavenging routine sounds like a great alternative to the old poach system and makes a lot more sense contextually.
And more importantly it sounds fun.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯