• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:48:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Guide to Modifying Skill Animations (FFTA2)?

Started by Ethereal Embrace, November 02, 2023, 02:09:02 pm

Ethereal Embrace

I recall that there was a tool for modifying animations but I had no idea how to use it. Does anyone know where to find it and any specifics that can help? I already have a text editor so I can use that for the text, I just would like to know how to make new moves for unique classes instead of simply giving classes moves that other classes/races have.

Emin3ms

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Rachid System

GasT87

Been a while, basically you will have to paired with the data sheets and can use the number to change the animation from one to another, so for example have "refresh" use "holy" animation, It requires a little trial and error, different number affect different states, like effect, what kind of casting animation, how the recipients react, and so on

Ethereal Embrace

I tried it out, first by making a spreadsheet recording each of the values of every skill I wanted to modify (just went down the list), and then moved around some key values, particularly the "animation" ones.

There's a lot you can do with these things.

Worth noting is that some animations DO NOT WORK with multiple targets, other animations can work with multiple targets but the animation only happens ones, and then the regular is some animations work with multiple targets and the animation occurs once per person.

Some animations have multiple colors, but generally just enough colors for every relevant version.