• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:30:54 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The saddest thread

Started by Asmo X, August 04, 2010, 01:54:16 pm

Asmo X

1st:

Quote from: "Voldemort"Hi all, I am a newcomer to this forum but FFT rules my spare time, I was raised with this game and love it to death.

I recently got nostalgic and got FFTA (the GBA version) to have some fun. Ended up running an Archer SSCC and put the videos on Youtube. I plan to make FFT Challenge videos there as well.

The most recent videos have commentary instead of music. The most recent video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgC3J_hHZwY&fmt=6

If you are familiar with the game or just want to check the challenge out, all the videos can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/Voldemort7

Thanks guys.

Last:

Quote from: "Voldemort2"^ yeah ok

I spoke to Zodiac, I told him that I'm not coming back

later guys

enjoy 1.3

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Kagebunji

Forever in our hearts. R.I.P.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Smash

August 04, 2010, 02:06:14 pm #2 Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:49:47 pm by Smash
He was a martyr that fell for the good of both [s:1nme6imb]1@[/s:1nme6imb], Asthathon the eye burner, LD's insanity inducing tales, and us, FFH. And he gave us 1.3.
There he goes

Cause of death

R.I.P.

This whole shit made my day

Celdia

And nothing of value was lost...
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

LastingDawn

Remember him for his LP's and pure devotion to a harder FFT.

Let's not try to remember him as the braggart who saw himself as immune to punishment for idiotic actions, who thought that he could do anything to "justify" his anger. Who was given a choice and said himself that he wanted to be perma-banned. Let us Not remember that Voldemort.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Melancthon

Yes he was opinionated and abrasive.  He was also incredibly helpful when he wanted to be.  I am borderline computer-illiterate, and he walked me through setting up an emulator and getting 1.3 up and running, something I could not have managed on my own.  I will always be grateful for that.  He was also an excellent advocate for 1.3, and did a great job with Season Three.

Something tells me he'll be back if Zodiac (and his pride) allow it.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Archael2

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Remember him for his LP's and pure devotion to a harder FFT.

Hey LD, you can conveniently leave out:

1) 2 years + of 1.3 gameplay discussions over IRC with you guys
2) 20$ Donation to FFH
3) 300+  FFT related Videos linking straight to FFH that helped the site grow more than anything else (http://www.youtube.com/user/Voldemort7)
4) Recording / narrating / editing entire S3 videos for you guys
5) Creating Warder and Arbalist ideas for Mercenaries along with their skillsets
6) Creating a series of Mercenaries Previews (http://www.youtube.com/user/Voldemort7#g/ ... 70DCFB0448) that were responsible for a MAJOR portion of attention that was generated for your project, LD
7) Hosting videos for any misc project that was done (Zodiac's FF7 / Kbob events, etc) and any other minor thing u guys needed help with
8) Full excel work of Zodiac's hack along with tons of ideas for jobs / items / skillsets that we were working on
9) 99% of the actual editing of 1.3 ENTD, Items, Skills, Jobs + it's marketing and distribution - without question the most popular project in FFH - and the only community project that was actually ever completed apart from FFT Complete
10) Tons of misc. that I'm not remembering

Of course it's easy to come in randomly in the end (Celdia) and go "LOL NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST" when the person isn't there to fight back and ignore the positive contributions that I gave to FFH and pretend like nothing I did was good

It's fine if you didn't like me personally, but there is no debating that the guy being banned today was the user (apart from melonhead and zodiac) that had the most contributions made to this site, period. It's sad to see that all of that is ignored by most of the people commenting that are now coming out of the woodwork cuz the coast is clear - people who (like Celdia) made maybe 1% of the contributions I did, and honestly have no place to talk.

With the feedback I've been seeing in this and the other thread, especially from the people that never contributed anything worth a damn to FFH, I'm pretty sure that not asking Zodiac to lift the ban was the right thing to do. (BTW LD: I didn't ask to be banned, I just told him not to bother lifting it.)

I am fine with the ban, I respect Zodiac's decision - but it's sad to see that a community you worked so hard for doesn't really appreciate much of what you did in the end - and is quick to forget it all when it's time to ride the spam thread bandwagon. I guess it's a good lesson for all, though probably looks worse for the FFH community as a whole more than anything.

saddest thread indeed :(

Dome

August 04, 2010, 07:09:51 pm #8 Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:14:23 pm by Dome
YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!
Who will be my Arch-enemy now?!?!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Patri

I am extremely new to this site. I also have contributed next to nothing to this community.

In light of all that, I agree and disagree with your post Arch.

No one can deny your contributions to 1.3 and other peoples' projects, or deny that you are knowledgeable about patching, hacking, FFT, and all of the other things you listed. I would have to agree that it is wrong for people to write you out of the history books because of beef or recent events. I also would agree with your decision to come back and defend yourself against those negative words.

That being said, I can't help but feel that you're only making more of a case for those who would call you a 'braggart'. Is it really necessary to come out and make an actual list of good things you did for FFH? Hell, even a lowly newbie like me doesn't have to look far to see your contributions, there's no need to list them.

One last point: You say that it's ridiculous for people to flame you and forget all that you've done now that you're gone. Isn't it equally ridiculous for you to be so quick to abandon the community you helped build?

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kaijyuu

wait wait wait

Voldemort's leaving? What did I miss?!

EDIT: Read Voldemort2's post.

Since I've contributed little, I doubt my opinion means much to you, but: First and foremost this is a community, and a workshop second. Contributions are meaningful, yes, but not so much that they can overshadow drama, trolling, or what have you*.

*I honestly don't know what got you banned, and don't think it's any of my business**. I can make no claim for or against the validity of your ban, just that you can't hide behind your contributions to excuse it.

**EDITEDIT: Saw the announcement thread. Heh, thought this was in IRC or something otherwise kinda private.
Swallow your pride and stop being such a jackass, man.

Asmo X

What we have learned in this thread:

1) If you make a big contribution to this site, you have carte blanche to run amok, deleting other people's work
2) If you don't appreciate a person's bad contributions, you therefore don't appreciate their good contributions.
3) If one person doesn't like you, then EVERYONE mustn't like you.

It's pretty easy to see what happened here. Arch crossed a line and instead of just realising this whole thing is about that one issue and saying "yep, i went too far, sorry about that" he's making it about his legacy and how underappraciated he is, just so he doesn't have to make a galling apology. If he would, I'm sure everything would be completely ok.

Archael2

I brought up the contributions to address LD and Celdia's posts, not to try and suggest that they make what I did acceptable.

I wasn't saying I did not cross a line. I obviously did - that's why I got my main account banned.

I'm not apologizing to anyone, but I am accepting the ban. Everything IS completely ok.

Asmo X

You are exaggerating how much people don't appreciate your work because you can't think of a better reason why you're accepting a ban. They appreciated it just as much 2 days ago as they do now.

Archael2

QuoteYou are exaggerating how much people don't appreciate your work because you can't think of a better reason why you're accepting a ban.

Celdia and LD's posts are a good example of a lack of appreciation. I don't think I'm exaggerating at all.

I'm accepting the ban for many reasons, all of them were pretty easy to think of. (And many of those reasons are aspects of FFH that you showed me were true in the first place, and they are all, without a doubt, valid reasons for wanting to leave, ban or no ban. The most obvious one being that this place doesn't produce  worthwhile, complete FFT mods in the first place, and FFT:C and 1.3 don't count, at all.)

The reaction on this thread just confirmed that it was the best decision.

Now please stop trying to blank post argue with me so I can finally leave in peace.

Samuraiblackbelt

so because LD didn't list every single accomplishment of yours like you did he doesn't appreciate you?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Kaijyuu

You're just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

Bastard Poetry

He's digging a deeper hole because people keep ignoring what he's truly saying and provoking him with semantic bullshit.

Voldemort abused his moderator status; he has admitted he crossed the line, and he is willingly accepting his ban and moving on from FFH because he knows he's no longer able to control his rage toward certain users, as an objective moderator. That's what I've understood from his posts. I'm not sure a ban is necessary--stepping down from moderator status seems like it'd be enough. EDIT: If he really wants to walk away from FFH, that's his choice. This is a hobby, and that's life; this isn't working, and that's still life.

Personally, I think R999 deserved to have those delusions of grandeur slapped out of him/her. Voldemort went about it the wrong way, sure, but I'm not going to blame him for getting angry about that Marketing bullshit. Zodiac has banned people for less--is it really worse when Voldemort uses mod powers out of spite? In my mind, Voldemort has been the mind and voice of FFH equally as much as Zodiac. Some people are choosing to ignore that, in favor of doing the mob thing.

I think LD's post was meant to be positive, like saying, "Let's remember the stuff we appreciated Voldemort for, rather than the [insert full list of recent mistakes]," but the emphasis on the latter half made it come off as negative. I can't blame Voldemort for having a knee-jerk defensive reaction to it, but he should take a moment to remember that it's, like, c'mon man.. it's like, Lasting Dawn, man. C'mon.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"He's digging a deeper hole because people keep ignoring what he's truly saying and provoking him with semantic bullshit.
Sense made = none.

Anyway, the only thing people are trying to provoke out of Arch is an apology for being a douchebag. The closest he's done is concede he shouldn't of deleted the event thread (and only the event thread). The rest of what he's said has been showing off a martyr complex (in the news thread) and whining about how no one cares about his contributions (here).

You're not one that can be argued with, BP, so I'll leave it at that.