• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:40:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Minor Contribution!

Started by Asmo X, July 04, 2008, 12:48:32 am

Asmo X

July 04, 2008, 12:48:32 am Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:41:01 am by Asmo X
This might be a small help to people deciding on what effects they would like to use for new skills.

Most spells that only target 1 panel use effects that do not work properly when you try to set them to affect multiple panels. Usually what will happen is that the spell effect will show up for only one target, with damage numbers and/or status added, but no effect/damage/status added will show up for the other targets. They will still take the damage and status, you just won't see it unless you check them afterwards.

No, I have not fixed this.

All I did was make a note of the one-panel spell effects that WILL support being cast on multiple panels. The effect will repeat on all targets in the AOE and correctly show damage/status added. Some of these will not be surprising since they support being Math Skilled anyway:

-All 1-panel White Magic
-All 1-panel Black Magic
-All 1-panel Yin-Yang Magic
-Reflect, but not Quick

Now for some of the more interesting ones:

-All Mighty Sword skills
-Crush Punch
-Dark Sword and Night Sword
-Snake Carrier
-Magic Barrier
-Deathspell 2
-Shake Off
-Tail Swing
-White Talk Skill (very slow)

Split Punch will only show the spell effect for one target but will show damage numbers and status added for all targets. Same for Dark Holy and Climhazzard

The are possibly more to find.

Archael

July 04, 2008, 10:09:45 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I am very confused now  :shock:

Asmo X

July 04, 2008, 11:53:13 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Ok you know all those spells/skills that only target one panel? Flare, Steal Heart, Choco Meteor etc etc? Most of the effects they use wont work properly if you try and set them to hit multiple panels. 5 panel Choco Meteor for instance still just shows 1 Choco Meteor hitting one target.

Above are listed those 1 panel skill effects that DO work properly if you set them to hit multiple panels. Shellbust stab, for instance, is an effect that will properly active for all targets in the AOE one after the other. And look awesome while doing so.

But as I say, even though the effects might not appear to affect multiple targets, the spell actually is. Confusing, but if anyone is going to make new skills be aware that multiple-panel skills do not support many one-panel spell effects. The ones I listed do.

Archael

July 04, 2008, 01:42:02 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
OHHHHHHHH!

ok

:D

Zozma

July 04, 2008, 04:01:00 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i assume dark holy works if holy does right?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Asmo X

July 05, 2008, 12:26:18 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Bah forgot to add Dark Holy.

No Dark Holy works like Split Punch. It will show the spell effect once and then correctly show numbers/status added for all other targets.