• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:24:58 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFVI Hardtype 1.2 (Updated February 3, 2012)

Started by Eternal248, November 10, 2009, 12:14:32 am

SilvasRuin

For the creatures that only use a Lore in response to "a very specific action," are any of these monsters rare or have any sort of limited availability?  Because that I personally would find that infuriating.  I'm hoping you mean things no more specific than simply having a party member with the Protect status.  If you mean things like having Edgar use a specific tool, then I would hate you with a passion if I tried playing this.

Eternal

Nah, the monsters won't be too rare. And besides, Lores are given to specific genuses, so even if one of the monsters is rare, you could head to the Veldt and try to find it there. Regarding the specific action, it'd probably be something you stumble upon by accident, such as using a Poison-elemental attack on an Insect, or the like.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

SilvasRuin

Zozma

btw, eternal, do you have the map/npc editor for FF6? because i have it if u want

Edit: oh sweet, i never noticed this other editor before, maybe ill play with ff6 again (but with rachel since u wont add her  lol)+
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

SilvasRuin

Is work on this postponed or something?  What's with the lack of activity?

Eternal

I still have a good amount of work done already on FFVI (the DSS and items, for example), but it's not really enough to warrant a new release. The only things left are editing monster AI scripts, formations, and the new script. That said, they're not necessarily -difficult-, but they are very time consuming, and require a lot of testing. Sadly, there are only 24 hours in the day, and between this and FFT: Newtype and life, there's just a lot going on. Rest assured, this project isn't dead. I still have everything in front of me to continue it, and I want to, but by popular request, FFT is coming first.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

SilvasRuin

Understandable.  Just wanted to check since there was nothing explaining it in this thread.  Unless I overlooked an update somewhere.

Eternal

Fenrir90

Quote from: Eternal248 on July 10, 2010, 10:36:00 pm
Proposed story changes:

1) Include backstory about King Edgar and Sabin from the (half-canon) doujin "Tales of the Desert", written by FFVI's scenario director.

2) In Darill's Tomb, have Setzer face a shade of himself (known as Guilt) in order to overcome his despair, before obtaining the Falcon.

3) Make the opening scene in the snowfields of Narshe (the War of the Magi explanation) a narrative told from the perspective of Locke's grandmother. Only at the Returners' Hideout when Locke retells the story is it retold, at this time you'll realize the opening scene was Locke's grandmother's story.

4) Expand the Empire's story.

5) Restore lost pieces of info about the story, such as explaining Relm's Sketch ability, delving into Shadow's past, etc.

6) Making Kefka more active during the WoR.

Hello Eternal, just found your patch and read through all the pages. I am wondering if you've added the extra info about Celes' Runic/Sealed Sword.

"The creation materials state that Runic's power comes directly from Esper Magic channeled through her sword."

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Runic

Haven't played your patch yet, just mentioning it.

Eternal

I had planned on making someone- maybe Cid- mention it. At this point, I'm focused on FFT although I'm still adding things to VI Hardtype every now and again. :D

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Tweaking some more stuff with this during this week~

paminen

Quote from: Eternal248 on October 01, 2011, 05:40:33 pm
Tweaking some more stuff with this during this week~
Does that mean you expect to release another update pretty soon?

I've been watching this for a while but just decided to register to show my support. FF6 was always my favorite FF and I think this project looks extremely promising and creative.

Eternal

Yeah, there'll be an update this week. It won't be huge, but it'll fix a lot of issues I had with previous versions.

Eternal

Looks like most stuff is ready. Have any suggestions, post 'em now, if not, this will be (re)released on Sunday!

Eternal

The final version of FFVI Hardtype has been released, folks, after 2 years of tinkering around with it. Though I say it's the final version, if anyone comes across any concerns/suggestions, I will gladly release fixes and updates. Hopefully you all enjoy it!

Eternal

October 09, 2011, 04:03:09 pm #117 Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:46:33 pm by Eternal248
Actually, nix that. There's an odd glitch that needs worked out.

EDIT: Nevermind, issue was solved. BE SURE TO USE LUNARIPS OR IT WILL GLITCH.

Kalas

Two issues that I found you...already saw, basically. Did you fix the Leafer hp? I feel like it was more the leafers were using Holy as some sort of last-resort attack. So they died, but that triggers a retaliative holy.

Eternal

There also appears to be a bug where Vargas' Pummel does too much damage. I'll release a fix for that tonight. Sorry about the inconvenience.