• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:27:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Can't patch isos

Started by Taisan, November 05, 2022, 11:40:15 pm

Taisan

So I'm trying to get the Lion War patch up and running. Got a fresh iso of the PSX version and ppf-o-matic. I run the program and everything goes smoothly. Patcher says it's done so I close it and boot up the game. End up with vanilla FFT instead of the TLW. Don't know what I did wrong if anything. Tried this with isos from both coolrom and cdromance just to make sure I didn't have a bugged version of the game. Anyone know what's going on?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Orkney

Not sure.

When you test your TLW ISO,  you are not doing it from a savestate ? Because if you do it is the issue.
  • Modding version: PSX

Taisan

Nope. Don't have any. Just redownloaded the emulator so I shouldn't have any save states in the folder.

Taisan

So looking around I found some old patched versions of the game that I made before. I noticed that the file sizes of each of them were larger than the base game and the one I just tried to patch stayed the same as before. So I don't think ppf-o-matic is even doing anything when it says it's done. Is there any other tool I can use to apply the ppf files or am I just screwed?

Taisan

Alright I figured it out. ePSXe is just trash. I tried it out on PSX 1.13 and the game works fine now.