• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:25:32 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

1.3 FFT w/ Wotl Translation

Started by Collybius, October 07, 2021, 03:37:28 pm

Collybius

I have been on the search for ways to play FFT 1.3 but with the WOtL translation. im not searching for the easy mode, and i saw that there was a forum on here that talked about this but it had some problems like it being for the easy version as well as the link that had the patch was unable to accessed. I tried patching FFT Complete with 1.3 but while it makes the story lines the correct translation, the menus are unreadable. can anyone help me find a way to get this working?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Bonesy

1.3 is not hosted here, please go elsewhere for that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Collybius

Quote from: Bonesy on October 07, 2021, 04:05:03 pm1.3 is not hosted here, please go elsewhere for that.

Where should I go for that?

Ansehelm

Quote from: Collybius on October 07, 2021, 05:08:36 pmWhere should I go for that?
1.3 is not supported anywhere since the creator went off the deep end and basically nuked his own forum.  This is something you'd have to do yourself if you want it done.  Also, mixing patches is never a good idea.
  • Modding version: PSX

Collybius

Quote from: Ansehelm on October 07, 2021, 07:51:55 pm1.3 is not supported anywhere since the creator went off the deep end and basically nuked his own forum.  This is something you'd have to do yourself if you want it done.  Also, mixing patches is never a good idea.

okay thank you! do you have an idea on how i could get started on something like that?

like, should i use fftpatcher or something else?

Nyzer

Half Tactext and half event editing. And all the while constantly battling against the issue of the WotL lines being too wide for the PSX screen, crashing the text - sometimes in mild ways, sometimes in softlocking ways.

It's an endeavor that would take you months to do.

There's a reason that the only mods that have ever planned to do this sort of thing are Complete and TLWotL. Complete, from what I understand, doesn't even completely cover anything and/or has had to resort to less than ideal options, such as making certain messages multi-page when the page flip buttons would normally not be used. And TLWotL isn't out yet, since base TLW itself was a major endeavor.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Collybius

Quote from: Nyzer on October 07, 2021, 08:57:21 pmHalf Tactext and half event editing. And all the while constantly battling against the issue of the WotL lines being too wide for the PSX screen, crashing the text - sometimes in mild ways, sometimes in softlocking ways.

It's an endeavor that would take you months to do.

There's a reason that the only mods that have ever planned to do this sort of thing are Complete and TLWotL. Complete, from what I understand, doesn't even completely cover anything and/or has had to resort to less than ideal options, such as making certain messages multi-page when the page flip buttons would normally not be used. And TLWotL isn't out yet, since base TLW itself was a major endeavor.

That sound rough, but thank you so much for explaining! this will be something for a different day. goodnight!

Ansehelm

Quote from: Collybius on October 07, 2021, 09:31:36 pmThat sound rough, but thank you so much for explaining! this will be something for a different day. goodnight!
Nobody but you can decide what to do with your time, but I think you'll find that the headache of doing this >>> the satisfaction of having what you're asking for (with 1.3 no less, which needed its own load of fixes).  Far easier to adjust your expectations in this regard, and avail yourself of some of the other quality content modders have and are putting out.
  • Modding version: PSX

nitwit

You're better off trying to rebuild 1.3 on top of one of the base patches than mixing patches. Or making your own take on it.